ShadowBorn

Has this been asked about the PGF before

Backdoc
5 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Legitimate skepticism and doubt granted, the potential extinction of a bipedal ape or hominin is such a huge potential disaster that if they can afford $50 million to look for an extinct woodpecker in a single swamp for several years, they can afford double that for 10 years putting this question to rest.

I hope they find Bigfoot AND that Ivory Billed Woodpecker in Arkansas.  

• Upvote 1

Twist
Just now, Huntster said:

A troll, no doubt.

Guilty as charged.

Just now, Huntster said:

I'm a exponential multi-tasker with nothing but free time. Nothing escapes my attention, unless my attention quickly ascertains that it doesn't deserve any more of my attention.

I hope to have free time......eventually.

Just now, Huntster said:

No, I can't. I greatly fear what they are contributing to the devolvement of civilization, so they get my attention, just like a potential viper motionless under the scrub brush. 

Theres a threat to national or planetary security every generation......this is just a newer one.   

Huntster
26 minutes ago, Twist said:

Guilty as charged........

In addition to the type who live under bridges, there's a type of troll who excel in dragging very enticing bait.......like me..........

Theres a threat to national or planetary security every generation......this is just a newer one.

More like a recurring one. Like repeatedly in the distant past, it will be driven back under the wet rocks from whence it oozed. 

Soon.........

Science does it again! How do you lose 100,000 gorillas? Give them to science to manage.........

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa/08/05/congo.gorillas/index.html#cnnSTCText

An estimated 125,000 Western lowland gorillas are living in a swamp in equatorial Africa, researchers reported Tuesday, double the number of the endangered primates thought to survive worldwide.

"It's pretty astonishing," Hugo Rainey, one of the researchers who conducted the survey for the U.S.-based Wildlife Conservation Society, told CNN Tuesday.

The last census on the species, carried out during the 1980s, estimated that there were only 100,000 of the gorillas left worldwide. Since then, the researchers estimated, the numbers had been cut in half.

WCS survey teams conducted the research in 2006 and 2007, traveling to the remote Lac Tele Community Reserve in northern Republic of Congo, a vast area of swamp forest.

Acting on a tip from hunters who indicated the presence of gorillas, Rainey said that the researchers trekked on foot through mud for three days to the outskirts of Lac Tele, about 80 kilometers (50 miles) from the nearest road.

"When we went there, we found an astonishing amount of gorillas," said Rainey, speaking from the International Primatological Society Congress in Edinburgh, Scotland. 

Though researchers did spot some gorillas, they based their estimate on the number of gorilla nests found at the site, Rainey said. Each gorilla makes a nest to sleep in at night.

"This is the highest-known density of gorillas that's ever been found," Rainey said..........

My bet is that, now that science knows about them, they're doomed.........

Twist
2 hours ago, Huntster said:

In addition to the type who live under bridges, there's a type of troll who excel in dragging very enticing bait.......like me..........

It takes all kinds...... 

More like a recurring one. Like repeatedly in the distant past, it will be driven back under the wet rocks from whence it oozed. 

Soon.........

Im skeptical but ask some around these parts and I’m skeptical about everything.  I feel the older generation underestimates Millennials.   Millennials have lived most  to all of their life having instant access to social media and the change “every person” thinks they can make.  It seems the resounding change is social activism.   I may be wrong but that’s how I see it.  

Science does it again! How do you lose 100,000 gorillas? Give them to science to manage.........

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa/08/05/congo.gorillas/index.html#cnnSTCText

My bet is that, now that science knows about them, they're doomed.........

Not much argument here.

hiflier

A 100 thousand Gorillas in an African swamp....and we can't find 10,000 Bigfoot in the U.S.? I mean it's not like Lac Tele is buried in surveillance like this country is or anything. Doesn't anyone ever get tired of ZERO?

Huntster
2 hours ago, Twist said:

.........I'm skeptical but ask some around these parts and I’m skeptical about everything...........

You folks from that part of the country are an interesting collection. If you're not from Detroit (or thereabouts), you're likely pretty grounded. "Pretty skeptical" comes with the territory.

..........I feel the older generation underestimates Millennials.   Millennials have lived most  to all of their life having instant access to social media and the change “every person” thinks they can make.  It seems the resounding change is social activism.   I may be wrong but that’s how I see it........

I do under-rate Millenials to some degree, but that's due to their limited exposure to the test. Granted, those who enlisted in military service performed outstandingly, but that was because they were well trained and exposed. The rest, AFAIC, are just the newest spoiled, drug-addled Baby Boomer hippies with pocket computers and not enough brains to operate them effectively. Not much different than Baby Boomers watching Laverne and Shirley.

hiflier

Oh great, next you'll be dumping on Lenny and the Squigtones :) 

Huntster

Same lame gang.

Twist
21 minutes ago, Huntster said:

You folks from that part of the country are an interesting collection. If you're not from Detroit (or thereabouts), you're likely pretty grounded. "Pretty skeptical" comes with the territory.

I do under-rate Millenials to some degree, but that's due to their limited exposure to the test. Granted, those who enlisted in military service performed outstandingly, but that was because they were well trained and exposed. The rest, AFAIC, are just the newest spoiled, drug-addled Baby Boomer hippies with pocket computers and not enough brains to operate them effectively. Not much different than Baby Boomers watching Laverne and Shirley.

No argument from me.  

Huntster

In open admission, I point out my own generation (Boomers) as the most pathetic generation of Americans in history, and we seem to have infected subsequent generations with our disease of complete worthlessness.

Incorrigible1
10 hours ago, Backdoc said:

I hope they find Bigfoot AND that Ivory Billed Woodpecker in Arkansas.  

This avid birder nerd agrees. I'm at the extreme NW edge of the range of the pileated woodpecker, and every occasional sighting is memorable. An ivory-billed sighting would be nearly the equal of a bigfoot encounter.

Edited by Incorrigible1

ShadowBorn

Huntster

About your remark of transsexualism and sasquatch. With transsexualism it is some thing that we have to accept in todays society that some how was thrown upon us. whether we like it or not we have to accept them for who they are. There is no biology that explains why they are the way they are.  Sasquatch is just a being that has not been fully recognized as a living being by biologist but known as mystical creature that has been seen by thousands of people. People who claim they have seen a live breathing flesh and blood creature roaming our wilderness.  A creature that was filmed by two witnesses on horse back. That later had evidence of their claim of this creature. That was backed by other witnesses who went back to the scene and found more evidence that proved more then what was on that creek bed.

I am sure that there are  a few people here on this forum that know the after math of what was witnessed. What is on that film is real just as real there are as those transsexuals that biologist cannot explain. Just as real as when I sat in my deer stand with my bow in hand and looked below me to see what was breathing so heavy that I could hear it twenty feet up in a tree.

There is way more that took place back then after the filming at bluff creek that I am not sure has been told. But it is not my place to tell it and am hoping for some one else with more back ground to tell it. This would confirm to me what was told to me. I am not sure if John Green knew about this info. I have read his book but not read about this anywhere of what took place at bluff creek afterwards following the filming and the tracking of the creature. It is all in the details and it is all about the behavior of the creature that makes this so interesting.  You wonder why I am blown away by these creatures. Cause, it makes me wonder who is studying who. It also makes me wonder that if this creature was watching Rogers and Bob all along the whole time before it was filmed. Horses are smart and sensitive to things . Norseman, you know your horses and you understand horses. So if their horses started to get nervous then what caused that? I am sure their main will stand up or their ears will twitch or their tail. maybe let out a snort or do some thing odd. I am looking for behavior .