Game Camera captured BF in Florida?

Explorer

How would this correlate between the black bear and the wild hogs ? it really seems that they are very concentrated in the middle of Florida area and those outer ranges might be migration. Another thought might be is mating and birthing and this is where the females might be. It is mountainous terrain and a lot of caves for home steading. Again I am guessing. but we have no idea what their home range distances could be and this could give us an idea. But what if they have a corridor of where they move back and forth. In Michigan we had came up with the idea that they might be moving back and forth from northern Michigan to southern Michigan straight down the middle of the state and from there could cross over to Ohio with no problem at all. 

We just never followed up on this idea and maybe we should to prove this theory is true. If this theory is true then these creatures have paths that they use at certain time of the seasons. Where their whole family unit moves at the same time with out being seen just like Apes/Gorillas do. That would mean that they move when their food supply gets scarce. Whether it be berries or protein or what ever  their diet needs may be, they move with the seasons. They then stay on the move and this becomes their life as a part of their survival. I am not sure if you have picked up on this but this is the picture that I am picking up. This is the pattern that keeps coming up over and over with them and seems to be a key to their survival. As far as how many there might be of them well your guess is better then mine. But if I was to guess I would say about the number of mountain Gorillas in the world or maybe more.

19 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

How would this correlate between the black bear and the wild hogs ?..........

I don't think it does, at least in Florida. The feral hog food resource is a cery new phenomenon for sasquatches, almost perfectly in line chronologically with the explosion in human population since the beginning of the 20th Century. It might be a nice new food resource, but the corresponding explosion in human population is a disaster.

If this theory is true then these creatures have paths that they use at certain time of the seasons. Where their whole family unit moves at the same time with out being seen just like Apes/Gorillas do. That would mean that they move when their food supply gets scarce. Whether it be berries or protein or what ever  their diet needs may be, they move with the seasons. They then stay on the move and this becomes their life as a part of their survival. I am not sure if you have picked up on this but this is the picture that I am picking up. This is the pattern that keeps coming up over and over with them and seems to be a key to their survival. As far as how many there might be of them well your guess is better then mine. But if I was to guess I would say about the number of mountain Gorillas in the world or maybe more............

Interesting line of thoughts. In general, I agree. In detail, I think there are key differences in sasquatch movements compared to mountain gorillas. I think you're spot on with regard to seasons. While mountain gorillas inhabit an equatorial region, they are also up in altitudes as high as 14,000'. This might be climatically similar to Florida in winter. But seasonal food availability would be dramatically different in a British Columbia winter. Movements would likely be more important and predictable.

I'm one who tends to estimate sasquatch numbers toward the lower end. If the 1 sasquatch per 200 black bears ratio is accurate, there should be @ 4000 to 5000 sasquatches in North America. Even if that low, that's a lot more than there are mountain gorillas (@ 900).

An interesting difference in gorillas and sasquatches is their relationships with the aboriginal humans. In no cases in North America have aboriginal people claimed to eat sasquatches, and this is despite numerous tribes being admitted cannibals. Quite the opposite; sasquatches have occasionally been accused of eating people. In Africa, people kill and eat gorillas to this very day, and this is despite aggressive government protections aimed at stopping the practice.

Either a bad drawing or a weird looking skunk ape from Green Swamp (from the 2006 case link posted above).

Looks kind of wimpy compared to that video from Mississippi.

Green Swamp Skunk Ape.PNG

We can call that one "Owl Man". Like the "Skunk Ape". 

Florida is an interesting place, especially with regard to imported wildlife. 

Look the creatures is not what is important here. It is the way they are moving through areas that are food sources for them. If they have corridors locating them selves for this food source then we have a way to trek them and not just that predict where they might be next. This is the key of locating them before they arrive. This way we can be prepared to set up on them and might even tag them. I would rather tag one then shoot one dead which is way more humane. We can gain way more knowledge by tagging one  then killing one..Tonight I have had way to many modelo's  to think straight.  I am not a killer unless I have to defend myself in which case I have no choice. But yes a body is needed and it is not for the light the hearted person but for the person who just do not give a sh*t.It has to be done by some one with a cold heart and is willing to pay for the consequences. Yes , it is mean but this is the only way that science will except it. It has been said over and over . The deed needs to be done . it is like that song by ac/dc  "Dirty deeds done dirt cheap " If we find a way as hunters then we take advantage of that opportunity.  

12 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

"Dirty deeds done dirt cheap "

call any time......just ring   36 24 36

They have done an excellent job of being elusive and evasive.  Sasquatch can detect my presence at least 3 days in good, dry weather after I leave an area. Guessing on a future pathway in Florida should be a challenge. They will smell you a mile away.

46 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

..........Sasquatch can detect my presence at least 3 days in good, dry weather after I leave an area. Guessing on a future pathway in Florida should be a challenge. They will smell you a mile away.

Looks to me that the air there is filled with the scent of humanity. With the entire Florida peninsula averaging only 110 miles wide, with a human population of 21 million (greater than that of Romania, with much less land mass), and if they can smell a man a mile away, they simply can't get the smell out of their nostrils.

Explorer, that video "I think I saw a Skunk Ape" is from a TV series I think.  Here is my observations from 2015:

On 2/19/2015 at 11:07 AM, JustCurious said:

I've waited for some time to see if anything came to light on this video, but it hasn't. What I do know is that this clip was featured in Discovery Channel's show Beasts of the Bayou-Swamp Werewolf. Richard Luis Bosworth played Josh Highcliff. It was supposedly filmed in Killian, LA but the show also talks about Venice, LA so it could be this one particular episode was filmed in Killian.

In the show, one group is hunting for whatever Josh Highcliff filmed and another group featuring Dr. Meldrum is in Baton Rouge trying to capture and tag what he thinks might be a wolf/coyote hybrid. In the show, Josh Highcliff is now a hog farmer and his face is thinly blocked to hide his identity.

OK, so the youtube video surfaces Oct, 2013. The TV show premiers July, 2014.

So, on one hand it's possible the show did use the 'real' youtube video from a Josh Highcliff near Tunica, MS as part of the show, or on the other hand, they created it in the first place for the show.

Someone else found that on the same date that the video was posted back in 2013, Josh Highcliff also created a Facebook page and that BFF member expounds on some of the inconsistencies on the Facebook entry.  Nothing else was ever posted on FB.  The thread discussing this clip is under Video with the thread title starting "Mississippi Skunk Ape" from October 2013.

Edited by JustCurious
Clarity of thought.

8 hours ago, Huntster said:

Looks to me that the air there is filled with the scent of humanity. With the entire Florida peninsula averaging only 110 miles wide, with a human population of 21 million (greater than that of Romania, with much less land mass), and if they can smell a man a mile away, they simply can't get the smell out of their nostrils.

Can they smell Kosher?

Sasquatches are faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Of course they can smell Kosher........from miles away.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Sasquatches are faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Of course they can smell Kosher........from miles away.

Bigfoot can imitate any wildlife call, run 45 mph in  4x4 mode, and telepathically communicate with humans, a different species.

Or so some seem to believe.

7 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Bigfoot can imitate any wildlife call, run 45 mph in  4x4 mode, and telepathically communicate with humans, a different species........

If 45 mph isn't fast enough, they can board spaceships and travel faster than the speed of light.

They can shapeshift, changing into a wood frog in a moment. "Ribbbbit!"

They can communicate with people thousands of miles away with mere thought. In fact, that's what this post is.........

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic