Game Camera captured BF in Florida?

Explorer

If they were capable of telepathy they would be telling everyone of us to stay out of their woods.

2 hours ago, spacemonkeymafia said:

if they were capable of telepathy they would be telling everyone of us to stay out of their woods.

Spacemonkeymafia

Well I guess some of us are not listening to well cause we keep going back for more. So that telepathy is not working so well for some of us if it is only one way telepathy I guess. 

3 hours ago, norseman said:

They like little crunchy finger bites... delivery 

Not without garlic...

^^^

When folks start posting about aliens, telepathy, shape-shifting on a Florida skunk ape post, you can tell that we have reached diminishing returns on this topic.

But before we close and kill this thread, there is one more article about the Florida Green Swamp Skunk Ape research that I will like to share.

The article is old (it was posted in the Miami New Times back in 2016) but it is a good summary of the research that two guys are doing in the Green Swamp.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/two-mens-quest-for-floridas-mysterious-skunk-ape-8648369

The 2 researchers are Chris Conner and Mark Barton and they have their own Youtube channel where they post all their findings/adventures.

I have only watched a couple of their Youtube channel videos and they seem to be honest guys trying to figure out what is out there.  

However, I don't know enough to recommend it.  Caveat Emptor.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmjZMCMPWuUXTvQyg5fKaLQ/videos

I will try to reach out to them to see if they knew Carolann Solomon and what is their opinion of her claim that the rangers in that Wilderness have a game camera photo of a skunk-ape.  Long shot but nothing to lose by asking.

• Upvote 1

Yesterday, I wrote an email to Chris Conner and Mark Barton at their Youtube channel email contact address.  I provided the background story written up in Gisondi's book about the Green Swamp Wilderness and about Carolann Solomon's claim and I asked them the following question:  Are you aware of this story or claim?  Did you know Carolann Solomon and or her research colleagues?

Chris replied today.  He also approved to share his reply in a public forum. His email reply is shown below.

------------------------------------------

Yes, it its true as I was also told from a dear friend within their organization. We knew Carolann for almost two years before her untimely death. She was a very nice person. I have worked with her on a few occasions in the Green swamp. I would have no reason to not believe her account.

Our findings in that area greatly support that there is something in that area or a least frequents the area. They are big, elusive and what ever they are eluded two of my trail cameras, while going in the target zone. The audio recorder captured something large in that area at 3:30AM soon after we deployed the cameras. 
I suspect the rangers baited the area to assess the hogs, and something hungry was watching the hogs. If state officials bait they call that collecting data, if we do it, it called go to jail or pay a big fine. They know how to elude cameras and they are not just going to waltz in front of a camera bait or not, our findings suggest they can see Infrared. 

Most all government employees will snicker, or dissuade you upon questioning them of any past or knowledge of sightings. 

So, yes, it's all true...FWC is aware of them, it's kept on the lowdown by denial, influence, ridicule, controlled burns and so on. The wilderness area is controlled access, regulated with random vehicle patrol, gates and locks. Game officials monitor the roadways and they will stop you.

Thanks
Chris
  • Upvote 1

• gigantor featured this topic
17 minutes ago, Explorer said:

.......controlled burns and so on

This is something that I have suspected elsewhere as well to get Sasquatch into areas that are either better monitored or away from areas slated for harvesting. It's not so much the burning as it is the smoke going into desired directions. So a burn will be calculated to work with wind direction in order to 'shoo' the creatures along as long as the wind driven smoke doesn't drive them toward populated areas. Probably works well for bears as well so that harvesting resources don't send them into neighboring farms and neighborhoods.

Sure there are large uncontrolled wildfires to do the same thing but this is about the hundreds of small fires that get extinguished relatively quickly that get blamed on cigarettes and campfires and other Human carelessness. And while those things do occur I don't think the majority of small fires have those things as a cause. I trust no one in this business as long as there's an off chance that the creature is really out there. No one can catch them but they can push them around easily enough and mess with their food supply.

That would be a rather risky endeavor,  controlled burn is one thing.  Setting it up and coordinating it in advance is one thing.   Setting “accidental” fires on the fly seems like a bad risk/reward maneuver.  

I’m watching a prescribed burn across the river right now. They do it every year. I don’t think they need an excuse on federal lands.

A fire doesn't have to be prescribed or controlled to drive sasquatch activity to areas that might be predictable............

https://nationalcryptidsociety.org/2018/08/17/california-wildfires-claim-the-site-of-the-sierra-sounds-moorehead-mother-earth-will-recover/

This admission pretty much narrowed down the location of this habitation site, and by figuring out where the creatures were during several October deer seasons over the past 50 years, it might be possible to figure out where they might go for the next several years or more.

11 hours ago, Twist said:

Setting “accidental” fires on the fly seems like a bad risk/reward maneuver

"On the fly"? Wow, did I say that? Re-read Norseman's and Hunster's posts and then get back to me.  It's not too far fetched for dealing with a full-haired creature that's frightened of fire that no one can otherwise touch. Don't know why people may believe I don't think about things before I speak. And yeah, NatFoot, it's a helluva step, but how does one corral or get rid of a Bigfoot?

Guest Tangled-Design

If Sasquatch does indeed have cave residences it's a reasonable assumption that they might just wait forest fires out in/under ground? Or even bury themselves shallowly as firefighters do for flash overs? Forest fires aren't exactly uncommon on the West coast - they must have habituated to them to some extent right?  That being said, if you believe that 'Camp Fire' report, that's at least 1 data point regarding the Sasquatch / fire relationship. 

Perhaps more interesting is that the human / fire relationship has massively changed the scope of forest fires in the US, so we may see more such incidents in future?

-Just my 2c

1 hour ago, Tangled-Design said:

.........Forest fires aren't exactly uncommon on the West coast - they must have habituated to them to some extent right?..........

One would think so. But, then, the same should be said for bears, deer, elk, etc. I suspect wildlife simply know that fire is dangerous, and they head the other way.

Wildfire actually creates moose habitat. Moose thrive on burned areas starting a few years after the burn to about 7-10 years later. I doubt that's the case with sasquatches, but who knows?

• gigantor unfeatured this topic