Game Camera captured BF in Florida?

Explorer

26 minutes ago, norseman said:

Norseman

I would think that being under one of these shelters would be equivalent as being a potato wrapped in tin foil being cooked in coals.

I also believe that clear cutting is just as effective as doing a burn when going after these creatures. It would be like doing a deer push except you are not leaving them a place to hide. You can cut trees in different area's of the forest where one believes these creatures may beand push them towards the clear cut where snipers are. This way you can then land helo's land and pick them up or even semi's where the bodies can be hidden . No one would be the wiser. Again this is my own speculation with suspicion in my area.

On a trip to the US back in Sept 2015 I spent a day visiting Green Swamp. My research at the time indicated that there had been sightings and activity reported in the area. The local researchers I was hanging with on the trip reckoned that Green Swamp was the patch of the much maligned 'researcher' Tim Fasano and this had led others to look elsewhere. 

Green Swamp is pretty much hemmed in by urban areas but was surprised by the number of creeks and corridors which could easily be utilised by animals travelling from one patch of wilderness to another. 

First Post in a long time guys. Good to be back! 

• Thanks 1

Caves could be a place to maybe find a  body after a large fire (due to odorless carbon monoxide poisoning) but extreme caution for one's own safety. The most dangerous aspect being that caves after wildfires can be become repositories for methane gas. NOT something to be trifled with. From pg. 71 of my book:

"A word of caution is needed here regarding caves. In the aftermath of a forest fire they can become repositories for methane and carbon monoxide gasses. If houses or other buildings in the area have burned then toxic chemicals of all types can be drawn into a cave that has a draft inside it created by other entrances. Actually entering a cave therefore is strongly advised against as it could be dangerous and even lethal to those unprepared for such environments." 

Edited by hiflier

Caves appear to be the locations in Asia where Homo floresiensis and Homo Denisovan fossils are regularly found. Some caves on Prince of Wales Island in southeast Alaska have been "dug" for bear fossils, but I haven't heard or read of Pacific Northwest caves being actively dug.

My guess is that they maybe are being dug since the e-DNA technology has changed everything. I remember reading a couple of years ago about testing bodies of water close to cave locations to see what is, or has been in a cave so it is being done. Shouldn't be too hard to find information regarding lahars etc. in the PacNW along with other natural cave structures. I would thing even old mining caves could be new sources of study? There are over 7,800 abandoned mines just in WA and OR alone.

3 hours ago, MarkGlasgow said:

Green Swamp is pretty much hemmed in by urban areas but was surprised by the number of creeks and corridors which could easily be utilised by animals travelling from one patch of wilderness to another.

Creeks and low and slow river beds make good travel pathways for these creatures to move through. Even the swamps make it good for them since it keeps their scent in check as well as their tracks hidden.  Swimming and flowing down stream in rivers gets them to go further into areas with out being seen and is more stealthy. But just the thought that these creatures in Florida are capable to live in the swamps where there are gators and all the nasty critters that live in there is amazing. 

Their shelters must be in places that we might not be able to reach by foot or by boat. That must mean that they might be in trees like giant nest. but who knows if this has been investigated. Again this is all speculation.

• Upvote 1

At least the high ground, ShadowBorn. And then there are hurricanes, tornadoes, high heat and humidity. Tough creature. OR....they are snowbirds and use corridors to go North in Summer?

4 hours ago, MarkGlasgow said:

On a trip to the US back in Sept 2015 I spent a day visiting Green Swamp. My research at the time indicated that there had been sightings and activity reported in the area. The local researchers I was hanging with on the trip reckoned that Green Swamp was the patch of the much maligned 'researcher' Tim Fasano and this had led others to look elsewhere. 

First Post in a long time guys. Good to be back! 

Good to have you back!

12 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

Norseman

I would think that being under one of these shelters would be equivalent as being a potato wrapped in tin foil being cooked in coals.

I also believe that clear cutting is just as effective as doing a burn when going after these creatures. It would be like doing a deer push except you are not leaving them a place to hide. You can cut trees in different area's of the forest where one believes these creatures may beand push them towards the clear cut where snipers are. This way you can then land helo's land and pick them up or even semi's where the bodies can be hidden . No one would be the wiser. Again this is my own speculation with suspicion in my area.

If you don’t deploy it right? That’s exactly what it’s like.

You have to dig down to cool earth, no sticks, no twigs, no grass in a OPEN space. Fields, parks, meadows. It’s designed to deflect heat away from you. But usually if you live your walking away with burns. It’s a last ditch effort to save yourself from King Kong. The best defense is do not get in front of a forest fire.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic