The proof is in the Patty...

Whistler

Never saw this side by side comparison before, but Wow! As if I wasn’t already enough of a believer that the PG film was genuine, then even more things come to light & strengthen my beliefs. The similarities between the two figures are seriously hard to deny. What do y’all think?

Cheers!

3C24C9A2-812E-4A65-84C5-510EF3773C94.jpeg

• Upvote 1
norseman
BFF Donor

I think the Gorilla suit has a diaper butt! Obvious fake!

No in all seriousness? GREAT comparison!

The spinal groove in the back, how the head connects to the shoulders, the scapula, the hair shading. Uncanny!

I think deniers will deny, truly doesn't matter what evidence is in front of them.    And bleebers will bleeb, it doesn't hardly matter what you put in front of them.   Half an egg salad sandwich?  Yep, conclusive proof of bigfoot .. she ate the other half.

I come from a different place.   I evaluate evidence based on comparison with what I've seen living and breathing, with what I know about the sign they leave, and with what I've experienced re: their behaviors.  

No, I do not think Patty is a suit.  

MIB

ShadowBorn

Why has this never been shown before or even thought off. The comparison is compelling . Good job, cause you can not fake biology in it's natural form.

NathanFooter

This has been around a while, I really do like the comparison.   I use this type of example when I give talks on Sasquatch and the PGF at work.    Cool post.

Whistler

Thanks all for the posts- just like Cliff says from FB.. Bigfoot Got Back!

Cheers!

Edited by Whistler
Patterson-Gimlin
BFF Donor

Thanks for sharing. Obviously a very good comparison. 

xspider1

That comparison is one of the most compelling, in my opinion.  All of the evidence that I am aware of indicates that subtle body contours and hair patterns such as those have never been replicated with a costume- not even close, especially in motion.  That's a hugely (lol) significant obstacle to would be PGf debukers.  So there we have it.  She really, really must be real.  Modified Halloween costume???   riiight!  8 )~

• Like 1
Patterson-Gimlin
BFF Donor

I wouldn't exactly say that it is proof. 

However, it does just show one more reason this wonderful film is so highly thought of. 

• 1 year later...

I do love this side by side comparison. I also read before that Nat Geo investigated the PGF and determined that Patty had a walking height of over 7ft and if she stood completely upright, she would hit over the 8ft mark.

2 hours ago, KronoFury said:

I do love this side by side comparison. I also read before that Nat Geo investigated the PGF and determined that Patty had a walking height of over 7ft and if she stood completely upright, she would hit over the 8ft mark.

Thanks! Found online somewheres about a year ago & it was too good not to share..

Cheers!

When I first saw close-ups of Patty as a kid I thought "you can see the zip seam down the back!", but when I saw on a TV programme that gorillas have the same seam line I thought differently! :)

• Downvote 1
OkieFoot

I don't know how I missed this thread last year but thanks, Whistler and Krono and Moonface for keeping it alive, at least for a while. One detail that stood out for me was the "line" you see running down the middle of the back of the gorilla and on down the crack in the butt. Obviously, the line was following the spine.

And here we see the same thing on Patty as we see on a real primate. Other pics may show it more clearly but you can see it in this one. When you add in the fact that the stretch type fabric needed to make a tight fitting suit that would be necessary to show things like this did not even exist in 1967, it means Patty was not in a man made suit. And I'm not sure a tight fitting suit would even show where the spine is when worn by a human without being built into the suit. Wouldn't it need to fit like a second layer of skin to show this? I thought the stretch fabric was really developed to help show muscles in order to look more realistic.

Edited by OkieFoot

Humans with well developed back muscles have this pronounced line also. It comes from the where the erector muscles or backstraps meet at the spine. You have to have a spandex type fabric with hairs individually inserted into the fabric and then glued to the back or whole body, to get something similar.

On 8/29/2020 at 10:01 AM, OkieFoot said:

I don't know how I missed this thread last year but thanks, Whistler and Krono and Moonface for keeping it alive, at least for a while. One detail that stood out for me was the "line" you see running down the middle of the back of the gorilla and on down the crack in the butt. Obviously, the line was following the spine.

And here we see the same thing on Patty as we see on a real primate. Other pics may show it more clearly but you can see it in this one. When you add in the fact that the stretch type fabric needed to make a tight fitting suit that would be necessary to show things like this did not even exist in 1967, it means Patty was not in a man made suit. And I'm not sure a tight fitting suit would even show where the spine is when worn by a human without being built into the suit. Wouldn't it need to fit like a second layer of skin to show this? I thought the stretch fabric was really developed to help show muscles in order to look more realistic.

Not a problem. I know a lot of forums don't like bumping old posts or topics. I have been a lurker for a year or so, but just made an account recently, so I'm a little late to the party, but have a lot of comments and information to share. So sorry if I have flooded the board with old and revived posts.