Stick Structures are not evidence

starchunk

2 hours ago, WSA said:

trees that have clearly been moved from their original locations and stacked without any sign of mechanical assistance.  Not overwhelming evidence, I grant you, but not nothing.

I find trees that have been moved from other locations fairly often here in Oregon. We found on last weekend, in fact. Last year, we found four or five largish trees that had been piled up together, broken off at the base, with NO stumps nearby that indicated where they came from. We searched for them, too, but simply could not find any. I have no explanation for it aside from one.

BFF Patron
2 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

I find trees that have been moved from other locations fairly often here in Oregon. We found on last weekend, in fact. Last year, we found four or five largish trees that had been piled up together, broken off at the base, with NO stumps nearby that indicated where they came from. We searched for them, too, but simply could not find any. I have no explanation for it aside from one.

Could it be that some wood gatherers had piled up the trees and intended to come back later to cut up the wood?   They can get permits to gather blow down wood.     A tree can be dragged without leaving much lasting evidence it was dragged.     I have done that on my property and did not mess up the lawn doing it        BF break them off to terrorize us but why would they want to pile them up?  

FB_IMG_1552938817590.thumb.jpg.323d089769b6fa533b2871649b26f418.jpgHere are a few i had at my place. There were footprints all over around these.  Ive had research Dr. Igor Burtsev also confirm he believes it was done by the bigfoot. While I agree not everything is done by the BF there are still many that are.  However, everyone is welcome to their opinion.

FB_IMG_1557527799394.jpg

FB_IMG_1553827455673.jpg

FB_IMG_1553837807975.jpg

FB_IMG_1553827745614.jpg

FB_IMG_1552938722937.jpg

FB_IMG_1553826927046.jpg

10 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Thanks for sharing and of course you know my answer is it has nothing to do with Sasquatch. 

Which is Indian folklore, camp fire stories, misidentification, and last but not least lies. 

Oh,and of course the powers of imagination also known as bigfoot on the brain. 

Its definitely a question that will need to be set aside for now concerning existence.

17 minutes ago, Huntster said:

LOL.........a Jewish sasquatch?

Hilarious. My first thought too. 

BFF Patron
37 minutes ago, Huntster said:

LOL.........a Jewish sasquatch?

Well they wrote about Goliath in the Bible.    But he was a Philistine if I remember right.      Thinking about it someone has found ancient inscriptions on rocks in someplace in the SW like Arizona,  that turned out to be Ancient Hebrew.   The inscriptions look like stick glyphs in that they are mostly straight lines.    The real history of this continent is way crazier than anyone can imagine.   

hieroglyphs 001.JPG

Edited by SWWASAS

4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Could it be that some wood gatherers had piled up the trees and intended to come back later to cut up the wood?   They can get permits to gather blow down wood.     A tree can be dragged without leaving much lasting evidence it was dragged.     I have done that on my property and did not mess up the lawn doing it        BF break them off to terrorize us but why would they want to pile them up?  

Absolutely not. We had to hike all day to get up there to the nearly alpine lakes where we found them. Old school style, map and compass. The GPS would not hold a signal due to the canopy. There are no roads there, the closest was at least 3 miles out. An old abandoned logging road. Approaching the lakes from the other direction would have been impossible, as they were at the bottom of an 800' sheer cliff. And there were impressions all over the place that looked like prints, but I am not certain of that due to the duff on the ground. Impressions were over 18", many were smaller. Makes a person wonder, that's for sure. We also heard wood knocks up there, and even managed to get one of them recorded.

As I said, I think a lot of the resistance to the idea that BF construct these things is we can't fathom any rational reason for them doing it.  I'd just suggest we need to let go of that, if that is part of the analysis. All you really need to know is that they do exist, that they have been intentionally constructed and leave aside the explanation of why they were made for the moment. If you absolutely have to have the reason, "Because it felt good" is the most likely one we have, based on what we know.       

Nope, not at all. We had to hack through so much devil's club (I really, REALLY hate that stuff!) and climb over so many really large downed douglas firs, That's why it took all day to go just a few short miles, all up hill. There were on occasion, a few game trails for the bears, but those didn't take us where we were trying to go. I didn't really want to surpirse Yogi in his berry patch, either, so we mostly avoided them.

8 minutes ago, Huntster said:

^^^^ Is there a "maintained" trail to the place you describe?

Edited by NorthWind

BFF Patron

WSA that approach is not very scientific.     We have little or no proof that BF makes these structures.   Even the presence of footprints is not direct evidence BF had anything to do with the construction.    They might be examining human handiwork who were the real builders.       BF may be doing some of this but I would not bet much on that.     I would be more positive if we had dozens of reports of BF seen doing this stuff.      Add the factor that many make no sense to construct and seem to have no real purpose, and in my estimation, you need something stronger  than "because" to rationalize BF is involved.      Many of these same structures are constructed by humans for their own reasons.     A teepee or lean too does not provide much shelter for BF but if you throw a tarp or pancho over it, you have shelter to keep a hunters gear or firewood dry while he scouts the area or uses the lean too as a hunting blind.    Trail blocks are known human hunter tricks to divert game into the open.   Rock stacks are common where kids are present with nothing better to do but very uncommon out miles from where humans camp or gather near water.   The real problem is that BF are a primate sharing some similar behaviors with humans.    The problem is telling the difference or who did what.    

Edited by SWWASAS