Stick Structures are not evidence

starchunk

37 minutes ago, WSA said:

As I said, I think a lot of the resistance to the idea that BF construct these things is we can't fathom any rational reason for them doing it.  I'd just suggest we need to let go of that, if that is part of the analysis. All you really need to know is that they do exist, that they have been intentionally constructed and leave aside the explanation of why they were made for the moment. If you absolutely have to have the reason, "Because it felt good" is the most likely one we have, based on what we know.       

You left out braiding horse's manes in the dark of night.

3 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Hilarious. My first thought too. 

I just thought it was a star shape.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Sounds like a great place to explore.

Indeed.  And it was stunningly beautiful. Not a single sign of human. No cut wood. No old campfire rings. Not a speck of trash or cigarette butt. But my age is getting the better of me. That hike up, and the following hike down afterwards kicked my tail something fierce. We made it back to the truck about 11:30pm. No problem when I was 18. But now at 56, it's a different story. I am sure many can relate. I doubt I will be going back up there.

But ya never know.  😉

Edited by NorthWind
typo

Going back needs to be a two or three day trip. No rush. After all, nighttime is when the sasquatches come out to play.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Going back needs to be a two or three day trip. No rush. After all, nighttime is when the sasquatches come out to play.

Yes, if I could find the time away from work. I would love to do that. It would be quite scary, for certain. 

Not sure what to bring firepower-wise for a trip like that. 1911, AR-15, or 12 gauge. I also have a little lever action .357 carbine.

Edited by NorthWind
addition

Swwsas, I believe that the same could be said of wood knocks. Would you happen to know how many people have reported actually seeing a Sasquatch physically doing a wood knock? If remember correctly, there was one where the witness said he saw an elbow swinging when he heard a wood knock, but not a Sasquatch, just an elbow. If this is the case and no one has actually seen the whole Sasquatch making a wood knock, then how can we associate wood knocks with Sasquatches?

Edited by Doug
added a word

33 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

........It would be quite scary, for certain.........

Not sure what to bring firepower-wise for a trip like that. 1911, AR-15, or 12 gauge. I also have a little lever action .357 carbine.

Yes, it could be quite terrifying. I've spent this afternoon listening to the Sierra Sounds after catching a blurb from Ron Morehead that finally gave away the location of their camp. I certainly wouldn't want to hear such stuff in the dark. I don't think they went in there alone. I certainly wouldn't.

I'd bring the shotgun and the 1911. Alaska State Troopers hunt down rogue bears with shotguns loaded with Brenneke Black Magic 3" slugs. At 600 grains and 1500 fps, it would turn his insides to jelly.

3 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Yes, it could be quite terrifying. I've spent this afternoon listening to the Sierra Sounds after catching a blurb from Ron Morehead that finally gave away the location of their camp. I certainly wouldn't want to hear such stuff in the dark. I don't think they went in there alone. I certainly wouldn't.

I'd bring the shotgun and the 1911. Alaska State Troopers hunt down rogue bears with shotguns loaded with Brenneke Black Magic 3" slugs. At 600 grains and 1500 fps, it would turn his insides to jelly.

I like the way you think, Huntster! I only have 000 Buckshot, I don't have a slug barrel. It's a Winchester 1300 with a side-saddle extra 6 rounds. Federal Hydrashoks for the 1911. 

Funny you mention Ron Morehead. I will be meeting up with him in July. Some truly frightening sounds, that's for certain! I don't think I would be able to sleep at all.

000 buckshot hurts. I took a couple balls from a 000 round in 2001. Could'a killed me. Here's an article about a couple of duck hunters in Alaska that had a 9' bear try to get in their boat with them. They killed it with their shotguns at point blank range with #4 shot. With a legal maximum of three rounds each in their guns while fowl hunting, that's six rounds.

https://www.adn.com/outdoors/article/girdwood-duck-hunter-recounts-unbelievable-grizzly-attack/2011/10/18/

If your Winchester 1300 takes screw in chokes, take a look at these:

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/carlsons-rifled-choke-tubes

I carry a choke tube kit with different choke tubes and the tube wrench in a small camera sack. The rifled slug tube is one of the tubes I carry, along with 10 slug rounds in my pack. They work, but you do have to experiment with different slugs to see which load your shotgun likes best. Check YouTube videos for reviews on them (key words "shotgun slug choke tube") . I also have super-full choke tubes (also known as turkey chokes) on my combat shotguns along with a small accessory rail so I can mount a Streamlight. The super-full chokes constrict the shot as much as possible, which extends effective range as well as concentrating the load at short range.

https://www.gunmann.com/remington-870-turkey-chokes/

Those Hydrashocks are perfect anti-personnel rounds for your 45, but consider FMJ rounds for anti-bear and sasquatch loads. If you can find them, Underwood and Buffalo Bore offer great outdoor loads for handguns. The 45 load I prefer is the Underwood 230 grain FMJ +P, which is the only 230 grain load advertised at 1000 fps.

When Morehead wrote that the Sierra Camp burned last year in a wildfire, it was easy to figure out which fire i was and download a BLM map of the fire zone. Using his previous descriptions of its location, it was pretty easy to figure out where it was using USFS topographic maps and Google Earth. I can see why sasquatches would pass through regularly as it is a pass between river drainages. It's also almost dead center in a wilderness area. But at that altitude, those creatures have to either hibernate up there like black bears (doubtful), or descend to escape winter snows. If they descend, I would bet it would be the western side............

E2397F11-2B53-470C-A957-43FC9BEF33D1.jpeg

EF0CB6D8-5F8B-4E1E-890B-D2B0381CE1DC.jpeg

On 5/15/2019 at 10:40 AM, Forestpeople said:

FB_IMG_1552938817590.thumb.jpg.323d089769b6fa533b2871649b26f418.jpgHere are a few i had at my place. There were footprints all over around these.  Ive had research Dr. Igor Burtsev also confirm he believes it was done by the bigfoot. While I agree not everything is done by the BF there are still many that are.  However, everyone is welcome to their opinion.

FB_IMG_1557527799394.jpg

FB_IMG_1553827455673.jpg

FB_IMG_1553837807975.jpg

FB_IMG_1553827745614.jpg

FB_IMG_1552938722937.jpg

FB_IMG_1553826927046.jpg

Every single thing you posted happens naturally all the time across the globe, it is a for of pareidolia to see patterns and significance in intersecting lines or near symmetrical shape.   A few years back I found a mess of road washed twigs that seemed to form the prideful and reflective face of Obama and yet it was not the artful creation of any form of mind.  If you stare at twigs and shadows long enough you will see exactly what you want to see, the human mind is wired to find reason and form in these things, especially so when psychologically primed for it.

Igor can't legitimately confirm anything for anyone ( I have followed his public content and examined many of the cases he has worked ), he is entirely ridiculous. That right there is my opinion. 

20 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

You left out braiding horse's manes in the dark of night.

Yeah, that is weird stuff.   We had that happen a time or two when I was in grade school and high school.    We were the last house with road access, beyond us 17 miles of wilderness, a one lane graveled road, then another 20-odd miles of national forest with no roads.    The barn was set apart from the houses 100 yards or so tucked under the edge where forest met field so access to the barn w/o being seen was easy.     What I can tell you for sure is that if bigfoot does those things, there was not a single thing to stop them in that setting.   More than that, it was less than a half mile, through forest, from the barn to my first sighting at the river.

I don't know what to think about the claims of braiding either but in this instance I absolutely can't eliminate it on any rational basis, I would have to resort to dogma and assumptions like you are doing.

MIB

9 minutes ago, NathanFooter said:

......A few years back I found a mess of road washed twigs that seemed to form the prideful and reflective face of Obama.........

Did you set it on fire, or leave it for others to associate it to Neanderthal cave art?

3 minutes ago, MIB said:

.........What I can tell you for sure is that if bigfoot does those things, there was not a single thing to stop them in that setting........

Except, perhaps, a terrified horse.

Edited by Huntster
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, MIB said:

Yeah, that is weird stuff.   We had that happen a time or two when I was in grade school and high school.    We were the last house with road access, beyond us 17 miles of wilderness, a one lane graveled road, then another 20-odd miles of national forest with no roads.    The barn was set apart from the houses 100 yards or so tucked under the edge where forest met field so access to the barn w/o being seen was easy.     What I can tell you for sure is that if bigfoot does those things, there was not a single thing to stop them in that setting.   More than that, it was less than a half mile, through forest, from the barn to my first sighting at the river.

I don't know what to think about the claims of braiding either but in this instance I absolutely can't eliminate it on any rational basis, I would have to resort to dogma and assumptions like you are doing.

MIB

I grew up in an area where our neighbors would have us feed and watch their animals, horses will groom others manes by rolling their hair up with their tongue ( this can cause a braid as the animal loops the hair around a bundle of hair not gripped by the lips or resulted in just rolled loops )   I have come across it a number of times and watched it happen at least once.   

4 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Did you set it on fire, or leave it for others to associate it to Neanderthal cave art?

I stepped on it and kept on hiking up the ridge, it was a good day. 

22 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

WSA that approach is not very scientific.     We have little or no proof that BF makes these structures.   Even the presence of footprints is not direct evidence BF had anything to do with the construction.    They might be examining human handiwork who were the real builders.       BF may be doing some of this but I would not bet much on that.     I would be more positive if we had dozens of reports of BF seen doing this stuff.      Add the factor that many make no sense to construct and seem to have no real purpose, and in my estimation, you need something stronger  than "because" to rationalize BF is involved.      Many of these same structures are constructed by humans for their own reasons.     A teepee or lean too does not provide much shelter for BF but if you throw a tarp or pancho over it, you have shelter to keep a hunters gear or firewood dry while he scouts the area or uses the lean too as a hunting blind.    Trail blocks are known human hunter tricks to divert game into the open.   Rock stacks are common where kids are present with nothing better to do but very uncommon out miles from where humans camp or gather near water.   The real problem is that BF are a primate sharing some similar behaviors with humans.    The problem is telling the difference or who did what.    

No science required, I don't think. We don't have any reports of seeing BF take a crap either. I put tree manipulations in that same category as coming across a pile of scat...you know it didn't just manifest itself.  If you want to put it on a scientific plane, sure...give me your best scientific hypothesis as to how those trees got that way. Hand waving about "oh...ice, snow, wind" is inadmissible. Random acts of nature do not consistently organize materials in that manner, I believe we can stipulate to that. 

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
17 hours ago, Doug said:

Swwsas, I believe that the same could be said of wood knocks. Would you happen to know how many people have reported actually seeing a Sasquatch physically doing a wood knock? If remember correctly, there was one where the witness said he saw an elbow swinging when he heard a wood knock, but not a Sasquatch, just an elbow. If this is the case and no one has actually seen the whole Sasquatch making a wood knock, then how can we associate wood knocks with Sasquatches?

You are correct about witnessing  BF wood knocks, however you picked a poor example.      Until Finding Bigfoot and the BFRO came into the picture,  a wood knock was likely only done by BF.    Now it is more likely some BFRO member or Finding Bigfoot watcher trying to get a response from BF.    Anything that is ascribed to BF that humans can also do like knocking or wood stacking,  just muddy the water as to who is doing it.       I had one instance of wood knocking that I am 99 percent sure was BF.   Mainly because it nearly ran over me before knocking to warn its buddy I was there.     I don't knock or howl when I do not know what they mean.   My experience with the knocking was it was a warning. so why would I want to warn BF I am in the area?