Stick Structures are not evidence

starchunk

BFF Patron

I felt safe and sure when I left Texas, Arkansas, and North Dakota I would never be exposed to another tornado.     Since settling in SW WA have had a tornado on the ground 2 miles from my house and numerous big trees snapped off very close by hurricane force winds.    That crack followed by the huge thud when the tree hits the ground gets your attention.     The woods is not the place to be during a thunderstorm.   Thunderstorms can produce gust front winds that snaps off big trees like toothpicks.  

Norse ...actually, no. No I wasn’t. Broomstraws impaling oak trees is not at all what we are talking about here, and you very well know it. ^^^^^is.  An F4’s ability to send crap flying into other crap with really cool results? Not at all what I am puzzling over. If that same F4 put all the mulch from my garden in a pile over there by that oak tree? Yeah, that would be what I want to know about. 

23 minutes ago, WSA said:

Norse ...actually, no. No I wasn’t. Broomstraws impaling oak trees is not at all what we are talking about here, and you very well know it. ^^^^^is.  An F4’s ability to send crap flying into other crap with really cool results? Not at all what I am puzzling over. If that same F4 put all the mulch from my garden in a pile over there by that oak tree? Yeah, that would be what I want to know about. 

No, no I don’t!

If freaking wind can pick up a fork out of a silver ware drawer and impale it in a tree a mile away? It sure as heck can break and weave some measely branches! Wind can pick up and move things great distances.

Is there evidence out there of non weather related tree structures? YES! Animals do it. Humans do it. And possibly Bigfoot does it. OK? That’s not the point. The point is you are purposefully playing down weather related events in order to somehow bolster your position.

Most amateur people who find tree structures in the forest? Are finding naturally occurring ones! That’s a fact. 90 percent of them. 9 percent of them are finding tree structures that can be explained by human or animal activity. Which leaves 1 percent of truly interesting finds that leaves a person scratching their heads.

Most of this stuff is wind and dead trees. I spend a lot of time trail clearing. I also sometimes find Elk, Deer, Moose and Bear sign interacting with trees, brush, logs and stumps. Sometimes I find evidence of human forts, lean to’s, trail markers, rock cairns, etc. Very rarely do I see live saplings twisted off that makes me go “huh”. But I do.

If every tree structure was Bigfoot related as opposed to weather related? There must be more Bigfeet out there than humans!

8 hours ago, norseman said:

No, no I don’t!

If freaking wind can pick up a fork out of a silver ware drawer and impale it in a tree a mile away? It sure as heck can break and weave some measely branches! Wind can pick up and move things great distances.

Is there evidence out there of non weather related tree structures? YES! Animals do it. Humans do it. And possibly Bigfoot does it. OK? That’s not the point. The point is you are purposefully playing down weather related events in order to somehow bolster your position.

Most amateur people who find tree structures in the forest? Are finding naturally occurring ones! That’s a fact. 90 percent of them. 9 percent of them are finding tree structures that can be explained by human or animal activity. Which leaves 1 percent of truly interesting finds that leaves a person scratching their heads.

Most of this stuff is wind and dead trees. I spend a lot of time trail clearing. I also sometimes find Elk, Deer, Moose and Bear sign interacting with trees, brush, logs and stumps. Sometimes I find evidence of human forts, lean to’s, trail markers, rock cairns, etc. Very rarely do I see live saplings twisted off that makes me go “huh”. But I do.

If every tree structure was Bigfoot related as opposed to weather related? There must be more Bigfeet out there than humans!

No doubt our trail experiences are similar. I maintained a section of the AT in the Blue Ridge for years (Bootens to Milam’s Gap) and have seen and cleared (mostly with a two-man crosscut) every tree related debacle that wind and ice can wreak. I’m not talking about those kind.  Which are by far the majority, yes. 

1 hour ago, WSA said:

No doubt our trail experiences are similar. I maintained a section of the AT in the Blue Ridge for years (Bootens to Milam’s Gap) and have seen and cleared (mostly with a two-man crosscut) every tree related debacle that wind and ice can wreak. I’m not talking about those kind.  Which are by far the majority, yes. 

Ive ran a 4 ft and 6 ft misery whip after packing it in by mules. I’ve pulled logs with a mules tail as well. Also cut a heap of firewood for elk camp by hand in wilderness areas. Mostly the Selway Bitteroot and Frank Church, But also the Paysaten, Bob Marshall, Wenaha Tucannon.

Quite frankly? This is “the kind” I see in most people’s photos of tree structures. Old rotted deadfall moved and twisted and hung up by wind and or snow into living trees.

8 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

Single tree anomaly. The tree was living the last time that I saw it. I will check on it.

IMG_0721.JPG

And Bigfoot is responsible.....?

🤨

^^^ No.  I did not see this tree fall over. This tree has been sideways for many years.  But animals in my  night time trail cam pics freeze and look in the direction of this sideways tree. 

8 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

^^^ No.  I did not see this tree fall over. This tree has been sideways for many years.  But animals in my  night time trail cam pics freeze and look in the direction of this sideways tree. 

Something to consider.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_trees

Norse...Mule packers eat better grub, that is for sure!  I was a much younger man when I was doing that work....you might walk five miles in, carrying your crosscut, or the Stihl + fuel + bar oil if you were not in a Wilderness area. Then, on a bad day, you guess the wrong tree in the jackstraw blowdown to cut first and your saw gets pinched. Back the way you came to get the come-a-long or the bow saw. I kid you not, I once unbound my crosscut with the lousy saw blade on a swiss army knife. Beat walking.

But yeah, a lot of people look at chaos and see order. I am not one of those. I have a firm appreciation that nature can mimic so many things we are convinced were manufactured. I toss those to the side. What I can't toss to the side are the systematic, recurring and isolated (by that I mean, "No other tree as far as you can see in any directions has anything similar") structures that have been reported and photographed. These are very often reported by people with a level of experience similar to yours and mine.  What I take away from those accounts is "This is something different".  THOSE are not so easily dismissed.

BFF Patron
1 hour ago, WSA said:

But yeah, a lot of people look at chaos and see order. I am not one of those. I have a firm appreciation that nature can mimic so many things we are convinced were manufactured. I toss those to the side. What I can't toss to the side are the systematic, recurring and isolated (by that I mean, "No other tree as far as you can see in any directions has anything similar") structures that have been reported and photographed. These are very often reported by people with a level of experience similar to yours and mine.  What I take away from those accounts is "This is something different".  THOSE are not so easily dismissed.

The glyph below is not easily dismissed if you believe me.    I put my pack on that very empty stump to dig out my compass so I could run a bearing up to what I interpreted to be an interesting stump.   As I stood there I heard what sounded like a Chinese child talking down the trail I was standing on.    With that from the same direction,   I heard heavy thumps that sort of sounded like movement of something heavy like a horse.       I thought it strange someone Chinese would be in the area and I waited for a couple of minutes for Chinese speakers to come riding up on a horse.   They did not appear so I put on my pack and ran the compass bearing as far as I could before the debris piles of the clear cut operation got too difficult to traverse on the sloping ridge.     I was afraid I would fall and break a leg so abandoned the trip to the stump.   After all I had already figured it was a stump that just happened to look like a BF because it was still standing there 24 hours after I first saw it on the ridge above.    Turning around I could see the root ball just on the other side of the trail from this stump,  so I headed for the root ball knowing the trail ran right past it.    At no time was I out of sight of the root ball or the stump for that matter, because I was above both of them on the ridge.   Certainly I had my back to them most of the hour I was away but at any time, if I had turned,  I could see them.   When I got back to the stump this glyph had been placed on it.     Chinese speakers on horseback know I am a BF researcher and interested in such things so they constructed the glyph on the same stump?    I don't think so.  

IMG_0082.JPG

8 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

The glyph below is not easily dismissed if you believe me.    I put my pack on that very empty stump to dig out my compass so I could run a bearing up to what I interpreted to be an interesting stump.   As I stood there I heard what sounded like a Chinese child talking down the trail I was standing on.    With that from the same direction,   I heard heavy thumps that sort of sounded like movement of something heavy like a horse.       I thought it strange someone Chinese would be in the area and I waited for a couple of minutes for Chinese speakers to come riding up on a horse.   They did not appear so I put on my pack and ran the compass bearing as far as I could before the debris piles of the clear cut operation got too difficult to traverse on the sloping ridge.     I was afraid I would fall and break a leg so abandoned the trip to the stump.   After all I had already figured it was a stump that just happened to look like a BF because it was still standing there 24 hours after I first saw it on the ridge above.    Turning around I could see the root ball just on the other side of the trail from this stump,  so I headed for the root ball knowing the trail ran right past it.    At no time was I out of sight of the root ball or the stump for that matter, because I was above both of them on the ridge.   Certainly I had my back to them most of the hour I was away but at any time, if I had turned,  I could see them.   When I got back to the stump this glyph had been placed on it.     Chinese speakers on horseback know I am a BF researcher and interested in such things so they constructed the glyph on the same stump?    I don't think so.  

IMG_0082.JPG

When we were leaving the Gifford Pinchot after a week of elk hunting we got stopped by a asian man who claimed he was a mushroom hunter and his car had broken down. We had no room in the cab because we had packed up camp so he sat on the 4 wheeler. We dropped him off at Trout river. A distance of like 10 miles. So he had made it to Trout river before breaking down and just hiked in.

Something with hands put that stuff on the stump. But was it Bigfoot? There are alot of people roaming around over there. Suprisingly so...

BFF Patron

I did not see another human the entire day.   It was the first week in November.   

17 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I did not see another human the entire day.   It was the first week in November.   

Thats close to elk season. I think the west side tag is a week later than the east side and it starts in the last week of October.

Im not questioning your experience. Im just drawing off my limited experience of the west side.

This asian guy who spoke bad english climbed right out of the brush and onto the road. And I have heard this whole mushroom business is black market stuff.

Edited by norseman