Stick Structures are not evidence

starchunk

3 hours ago, 9-dot said:

I have had two gifting sites in the Colorado Rocky Mountains for a few years now.  During the Summer 2016 activity started in July with increasing intensity into mid-September during which there were a number of amazing encounters.

11.JPG

9-Dot, for the sake of clarity,  did the amazing encounters you mention include more than the photographed tree-breaks?

Thank you.

I have to ask

besides the typical run-of-the-mill stick and tree structures,

has anyone ever come across a tree rooted up and stuck back in the ground like this?

Related image

Edited by RedHawk454

9-Dot, for the sake of clarity,  did the amazing encounters you mention include more than the photographed tree-breaks?

The answer, Incorrigible, is yes - YES! 

I have 10's of pages of notes, hundreds of photos, and a 3-page summary of 2016 activity, but I think rather than hijack this tree structure thread with an anastomosing discussion of 2016 activity I'll just say it involved increasing activity through the Summer 2016 - gifts taken, gifts left, vocalizations, ground thumps, objects tossed near me, poo left, finally a sighting preceded by vocalizations, then nothing the rest of the year (like an ever increasing flow of water from a spigot was suddenly turned off) - and I'll likely amplify the 2016 activity in a separate thread which I'll initiate.

12 hours ago, 9-dot said:

would ,love to hear the story that you alluded to regarding one of those breaks

As promised, here goes:

I have had two gifting sites in the Colorado Rocky Mountains for a few years now.  During the Summer 2016 activity started in July with increasing intensity into mid-September during which there were a number of amazing encounters.  The last of the above photos of aspen breaks relates to a vicarious encounter September 14, 2016.

The photo of the break was taken 7/23/2016.  It is just downhill from a trail I was taking every 3-5 days between my two gift sites, which are about 1/2 mile apart.  I have stopped to admire that tree break at least 20 times - alone, with my niece, with my squatching buddy.  On 9/14/16 I stopped to admire it - then continued to my gift site for a brief visit.  Upon my return I found an aspen sapling placed perpendicularly across my path such that I would have tripped over it had I not removed it.  As I continued hiking I kept thinking "it looks just like the top of my aspen break!"

Sure enough when I reached the aspen break the top was missing.

In 30 or more hikes on that trail I have encountered only one hiker (the Forest Service closed the trail years ago - sorry, that is why I use it).  There were no cars in the trailhead parking area, which is also remote.

I later paced off the distance the top was from the bottom - 98 yards.

That, along with other intense activity in late Summer, led me to believe it was a vicarious acknowledgement that a friend was telling me she (tell you later) wanted me to know she is here (not necessarily a teaser - rather I feel uncomfortable relating events that will be certain to subject me to scorn).

See attached photo with redacted notes.

11.JPG

Tell us more! I'm specifically interested because I lived in Parker and camped very frequently in the Woodland Park/Deckers area.

Don't let the scorners get to you. It is just the internet, after all.

1 hour ago, RedHawk454 said:

I have to ask

besides the typical run-of-the-mill stick and tree structures,

has anyone ever come across a tree rooted up and stuck back in the ground like this?

Related image

What is the back ground on that photo?

20 hours ago, Twist said:

...........Snowstorms may do extensive damage to aspen if the snow is wet and clings to the aspen crowns. Limbs may break, sapling to pole size trees may be broken off, bent to the ground, and sometimes partially uprooted. Weather-related phenomenon, such as hail and lightning, temperature extremes, and drought may damage aspen.

I have a lot of aspen on my property, and it is common for many of the younger trees to end the winter bent over nearly to the ground, and we do not get heavy snows on a regular basis. Not so much so the more mature trees, say 16" diameter at the base.

BFF Patron

Looking at some of the snap off pictures I notice that some are snapped off at nearly the same distance from the ground and the snap off direction is the same.   Many are on slopes with the snapped off segment down slope.     The picture labeled  with yellow snap #1 and  #2 being the best example.    That suggests that the bottom of the small trees were buried in the snow and supported  and the top segment either broken off by wind or snow moving because of avalanche.     I think it unlikely that BF snaps off trees at that close to the same distance from the ground.      Because if snap 3 and snap 4 is also attributed to BF then the snaps must all be at random distance above the ground,   making snap #1 and #2 the anomaly.   

Edited by SWWASAS

1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

What is the back ground on that photo?

I dont know, but I've read that uprooting trees like that having them be stuck back in the ground the other way is a thing the BiGFo0Ts do

It would take a tremendous amount of strength to do that. 

That photo is likely photoshopped 

but

thats something very indicative of the Big Ape lurking out there

2 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Tell us more! I'm specifically interested because I lived in Parker and camped very frequently in the Woodland Park/Deckers area.

Don't let the scorners get to you. It is just the internet, after all.

I've seen a lot of trees snapped in half like that

prolly a bear cub climbing upand its weight would snap the trees

3 hours ago, RedHawk454 said:

.......has anyone ever come across a tree rooted up and stuck back in the ground like this?

Related image

Yes, on Prince of Wales Island. This was well before people accredited this to sasquatchery, and I didn’t pay it any mind whatsoever. I still don’t. Loggers and equipment operators are strange breeds, much stranger than sasquatches.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Yes, on Prince of Wales Island. This was well before people accredited this to sasquatchery, and I didn’t pay it any mind whatsoever. I still don’t. Loggers and equipment operators are strange breeds, much stranger than sasquatches.

I suppose with an excavator or backhoe, it wouldn't be hard to dig a small hole and have a couple guys put a tree in like that, and fill the hole back like you would installing a fence post for the LoLz

BFF Patron

Relative to the upside down tree,   a recent news report about a severe tornado in the midwest mentioned that surface debris from the tornado was observed to be up at 13,000 on radar.      A tree ripped out of the ground,  with a snapped off top,  would become a nice ground penetration missile with the roots acting as stabalizing fins,  if it was lifted to 13,000,    then fell to the ground.      It would be buried 10s of feet in the ground with that much kinetic energy to expend.     I have dug up large tree limbs impaled over 3 feet into the ground from hurricane force winds we get now and then in the PNW.     

SWWASAS....No doubt anybody can contrive a series of "what-if" scenarios, but probability asserts itself nonetheless. If you drop a branchless tree with a root ball from that height, it will doubtlessly spiral downward and land heavy end first, before it flops over and lays like any other deadfall. I think the idea of a tree spearing itself into the ground is pretty fanciful, really. From the photos I've seen of P.o.W. Island, this would have had to happen multiple times, in a relatively small area.  Reportedly too, the examination of the trunks also show a lack of any indication that equipment of any kind was used, due to the absence of damage to the bark and outer wood layers that can't be avoided when using chains, cables, buckets, even webbing,  etc.  Anyway, why a logger or equipment operator would waste time, timber and fuel doing something like that is an inexplicable as why these people are seeking out the most remote areas of N.A. to fake Sasquatch tracks!

9 Dot...thanks for taking the time to tell us the background. Fascinating. 

BFF Patron

I have to disagree.    If you look at trees that have been through a tornado basically all finer structures like branches are stripped off by the rotary high velocity winds and hydraulic action of the water.     Should a root ball be airborne in a tornado it would be like pressure washing the dirt from it.    With the dirt gone the center of gravity would shift to the trunk and the tree would fall truck first.  

Would you care to explain how a 900 lb bigfoot could impale a tree into the ground to a sufficient depth to allow it to remain vertical?     A telephone pole has to have several feet buried for it to remain upright.    It would take a human with a crane and a pile driver exerting thousands of pounds of force to drive a  12 to 14 inch diameter tree into the ground.   A 900 lb BF could not exert much more than its own weight.    That weight is not enough to drive a something the size of a 12 inch trunk more than a couple of inches into even soft soil.    If the BF could lift the tree to say 6 feet then drop it,   that would not be enough to impale the tree trunk into the ground enough for it to stay upright.      Certainly a BF or group of them,   could erect a tree in a hole,  but that would require the BF to dig the hole.   As you mentioned, there is no evidence that suggests digging.   The BF solution defies physics if you ask me.     ...  

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

I have to disagree.    If you look at trees that have been through a tornado basically all finer structures like branches are stripped off by the rotary high velocity winds and hydraulic action of the water.     Should a root ball be airborne in a tornado it would be like pressure washing the dirt from it.    With the dirt gone the center of gravity would shift to the trunk and the tree would fall truck first.  

Would you care to explain how a 900 lb bigfoot could impale a tree into the ground to a sufficient depth to allow it to remain vertical?     A telephone pole has to have several feet buried for it to remain upright.    It would take a human with a crane and a pile driver exerting thousands of pounds of force to drive a  12 to 14 inch diameter tree into the ground.   A 900 lb BF could not exert much more than its own weight.    That weight is not enough to drive a something the size of a 12 inch trunk more than a couple of inches into even soft soil.    If the BF could lift the tree to say 6 feet then drop it,   that would not be enough to impale the tree trunk into the ground enough for it to stay upright.      Certainly a BF or group of them,   could erect a tree in a hole,  but that would require the BF to dig the hole.   As you mentioned, there is no evidence that suggests digging.   The BF solution defies physics if you ask me.     ...  

Agreed.