Stick Structures are not evidence

starchunk

10 hours ago, NathanFooter said:

Every single thing you posted happens naturally all the time across the globe, it is a for of pareidolia to see patterns and significance in intersecting lines or near symmetrical shape.   A few years back I found a mess of road washed twigs that seemed to form the prideful and reflective face of Obama and yet it was not the artful creation of any form of mind.  If you stare at twigs and shadows long enough you will see exactly what you want to see, the human mind is wired to find reason and form in these things, especially so when psychologically primed for it.

Igor can't legitimately confirm anything for anyone ( I have followed his public content and examined many of the cases he has worked ), he is entirely ridiculous. That right there is my opinion. 

Except he said he found bigfoot tracks all around the area . I also would love to see the track photos if he took pics of them along with the structures .

See....this whole problem with attributing assemblages (with remarkably consistent forms) to some natural agency IS the antithesis of Occam's analysis. What is more probable...that some whirlwind, a chaotic force, somehow stacked logs into a near-perfect teepee shape, over and over, or that something with hands did? And if "hands" is the more probable, how to account for the super-human strength that would be required to stack those when there is no evidence of the use of levers, pulleys, grip hoists, come-alongs skid steers or any other mechanical assist? There's your Occam for you. And Occam was not in the proof business, just the probability one.  

And while we are at it, how come this assemblages don't ever appear in woods right behind by suburban home, or anyone else's for that matter  ? Looks like the purported tornadic forces that make these things are pretty **** selective about their locations, hmmm?

Edited by WSA

BFF Patron

WSA   When my research area was active and I was finding footprints every few months,   I never saw a single structure of any kind.     It may be that such things are regional,   or just some individual BF here and there that enjoy making things.    A massive structure might be considered to be intimidation.     Look at how strong I am.    Of course instead of being intended to intimidate us,   perhaps some tribes of BF make the structures to show other BF how strong or the area belongs to them?      We would never know the answer unless they can communicate and tell us.  

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 4:39 PM, SWWASAS said:

WSA that approach is not very scientific.     We have little or no proof that BF makes these structures.   Even the presence of footprints is not direct evidence BF had anything to do with the construction.    They might be examining human handiwork who were the real builders.       BF may be doing some of this but I would not bet much on that.     I would be more positive if we had dozens of reports of BF seen doing this stuff.      Add the factor that many make no sense to construct and seem to have no real purpose, and in my estimation, you need something stronger  than "because" to rationalize BF is involved.      Many of these same structures are constructed by humans for their own reasons.     A teepee or lean too does not provide much shelter for BF but if you throw a tarp or pancho over it, you have shelter to keep a hunters gear or firewood dry while he scouts the area or uses the lean too as a hunting blind.    Trail blocks are known human hunter tricks to divert game into the open.   Rock stacks are common where kids are present with nothing better to do but very uncommon out miles from where humans camp or gather near water.   The real problem is that BF are a primate sharing some similar behaviors with humans.    The problem is telling the difference or who did what.    

I agree, it isnt evidence, but speculation....  I have seen many strange tree structures in place that I guaranteed not to have BF.  Until we see one actually do it, it isnt evidence. Our Brain Always wants to see things that are familiar. I see ducks, Goats, BF in the clouds all the Time. LOL 

3 hours ago, WSA said:

See....this whole problem with attributing assemblages (with remarkably consistent forms) to some natural agency IS the antithesis of Occam's analysis. What is more probable...that some whirlwind, a chaotic force, somehow stacked logs into a near-perfect teepee shape, over and over, or that something with hands did? And if "hands" is the more probable, how to account for the super-human strength that would be required to stack those when there is no evidence of the use of levers, pulleys, grip hoists, come-alongs skid steers or any other mechanical assist? There's your Occam for you. And Occam was not in the proof business, just the probability one.  

And while we are at it, how come this assemblages don't ever appear in woods right behind by suburban home, or anyone else's for that matter  ? Looks like the purported tornadic forces that make these things are pretty **** selective about their locations, hmmm?

I see them in Forrest Preserves alot.......  

On 5/15/2019 at 10:21 PM, Doug said:

Swwsas, I believe that the same could be said of wood knocks. Would you happen to know how many people have reported actually seeing a Sasquatch physically doing a wood knock? If remember correctly, there was one where the witness said he saw an elbow swinging when he heard a wood knock, but not a Sasquatch, just an elbow. If this is the case and no one has actually seen the whole Sasquatch making a wood knock, then how can we associate wood knocks with Sasquatches?

Great apes have been seen and heard, breaking a branch and knocking on wood to warn the troupe that there are guest in the area.  That isnt as strange as you would think. But thinking they would answer you knocking is a bit on the wild side.

Most Animals would gracefully leave the area. 

So, nobody has ever witnessed the formation of a large tree structure by a windstorm or ice/snow either, am I right?  And this means there is no "evidence" of that happening either, am I right again? Sweet! I'm down with that.

Bring the evidence that random meteorological events cause these. Until you do, I'm going to rest my case on "huge, strong, furtive bipeds with hands that have been observed doing just about anything a biped with hands can do"....  and as I mentioned, there have been accounts of contemporaneous tree manipulations to sightings, and some very close in time and proximity. Above all else,  those in opposition to this idea have proposed no other reasonably plausible explanation, which for now is exactly the same as not having the explanation.  

Why this is such a giant leap in logic for some is beyond me.  They are not assembling fusion reactors in the woods people, they are  apparently just piling up trees for reasons only they can know.  Bring a better hypothesis than "I don't think they are" and we'll talk. In the meanwhile, you are no better than the scoftic, who, when asked to explain BF sightings and footprints only says, 'I don't believe in BF". No. Better. 

So, again. Looks like I stand unchallenged on any serious level. The only rejoinder you have, I guess, is these structures don't exist. But they do. Deal.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, WSA said:

So, nobody has ever witnessed the formation of a large tree structure by a windstorm or ice/snow either, am I right?  And this means there is no "evidence" of that happening either, am I right again? Sweet! I'm down with that.

Bring the evidence that random meteorological events cause these. Until you do, I'm going to rest my case on "huge, strong, furtive bipeds with hands that have been observed doing just about anything a biped with hands can do"....  and as I mentioned, there have been accounts of contemporaneous tree manipulations to sightings, and some very close in time and proximity. Above all else,  those in opposition to this idea have proposed no other reasonably plausible explanation, which for now is exactly the same as not having the explanation.  

Why this is such a giant leap in logic for some is beyond me.  They are not assembling fusion reactors in the woods people, they are  apparently just piling up trees for reasons only they can know.  Bring a better hypothesis than "I don't think they are" and we'll talk. In the meanwhile, you are no better than the scoftic, who, when asked to explain BF sightings and footprints only says, 'I don't believe in BF". No. Better. 

So, again. Looks like I stand unchallenged on any serious level. The only rejoinder you have, I guess, is these structures don't exist. But they do. Deal.   

Im not saying Bigfoot doesn’t mess with trees. I’m sure they do as other animals do it.

But to say that there is no proof that bad weather does not play a part in changing its environment? Is crazy talk.

2FE0BF48-4599-49AD-9516-F6C0F408EF24.jpeg

06A297BD-60DA-454E-9309-7FEB450E2F92.jpeg

79D93987-AD61-4645-B77B-62ADEBD2127E.jpeg

F3BA8461-A5E1-4362-A99A-8F54C31855C8.jpeg

34 minutes ago, WSA said:

That indeed would be crazy talk Norse, which is why I didn't say that.

No. You did.

We have never seen a meteorological event make a stick structure.......soooo Bigfoot.

1 minute ago, norseman said:

No. You did.

We have never seen a meteorological event make a stick structure.......soooo Bigfoot.

Or Storm Giants. We cannot rule out Storm Giants.

BFF Patron

Ha!   Only a BF could twist an iron pipe around a tree like that.  :no:

That record impaled into the telephone pole is remarkable.  

I spent way to many years living in Tornado Alley.   

Edited by SWWASAS

BFF Patron
19 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Or Storm Giants. We cannot rule out Storm Giants.

Thor?   

21 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

.........That record impaled into the telephone pole is remarkable.......

Bigfoot doesn't like Bennie & the Jets.

This is the photo I remember seeing in my geography book as a kid in grade school. Are there Sasquatches in Puerto Rico??:

Hurricane winds drive a 10-foot 2X4 through a palm tree in Puerto Rico. Photo date: September 13, 1928.

Board In Palm Tree.jpg

Edited by hiflier