Time to move on.

Patterson-Gimlin

On 5/19/2019 at 11:36 AM, Rockape said:

Your mental health issues have never stopped you before. That's what we admire about you, a dullard can still carry on a decent conversation.

Sykes, Schmikes, who cares. You know what we've been talking about in the Tar Pit. I can't believe you've been missing all the fun, that's why I though for certain you were taking a dirt nap. 

Well, we know there are people out there, like the North Pond Hermit. The guy ran around the woods in Maine for over 25 years, he was looked at as somewhat of a myth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Thomas_Knight

they're societal rejects like pronekke  (the hermits)

the whole concept is somewhat fascinating to me, as to what would make a man go live in the woods for decades with no human contact.

some might be dangerous 

Edited by RedHawk454

5 hours ago, RedHawk454 said:

they're societal rejects like pronekke  (the hermits).........

Dick Proenneke and I weren't rejected by society. It was the other way around; we rejected society........and I still do, even since society followed me and turned my little slice of Heaven on Earth into just another stinking suburb.

........the whole concept is somewhat fascinating to me, as to

what would make a man go live in the woods for decades with no human contact........

In a word, disgust.

........some might be dangerous

Much more dangerous are the disgusted ones without the courage, assets, inability to disengage, or skills to leave, so stay and eventually shoot up a theater...........or school, or hair salon, or restaurant, or church, or...............

9 minutes ago, Huntster said:

**** Proenneke and I weren't rejected by society. It was the other way around; we rejected society........and I still do, even since society followed me and turned my little slice of Heaven on Earth into just another stinking suburb.

In a word, disgust.

Much more dangerous are the disgusted ones without the courage, assets, inability to disengage, or skills to leave, so stay and eventually shoot up a theater...........or school, or hair salon, or restaurant, or church, or...............

did you know him personally?  

and your married or with mrs hunster 

I post on few other similar forums under the same username and a similar one.  Theres a few griz adams types.  some claim to have known him personally.  Most are single and havent got their meat smoked in 30 years. If ever. 

the hermit in Maine is a societal reject.  the guy lived by himself and gained nothing.  Other than not having any responsibility and I guess he did live free while robbing people.  But he did it by himself. 

I can however see some men choosing to "disappear" though.  

Edited by RedHawk454

When I was in my mid twenties I thought about moving to AK.  I wouldn't have done it like chris mccandless.  But at the time I was single and figured if I moved to Alaska as a single man it would be bad.  I'm glad I didnt.  Now my bride and I could move to AK but I would never make such a drastic lifestyle change like that as a single man.  And since shes a female version of me, she could live with me off the grid.  Theres no wife acceptance factor with her.  She accepts me and my interest in the big ape.Just saying.

On 5/19/2019 at 10:47 AM, norseman said:

I had a buddy who was a USAF SERE instructor. He swore that they had feral people in the Tacoma creek training area which resides in the Colville Nat. Forest. They found naked human sized foot prints in snow. They called them “wolf people”. Not werewolves mind you. But feral humans who thought they were wolves.

Dunno. Assuming it’s true it would be interesting to know if these are lost Indian peoples or whites that have left society or what? Maybe it’s human children that were kidnapped and raised by Bigfeet..... lol. 

I know this much. It’s not a hoax and it is bizarre.

Feral humans are real.  Not just backwoods people but actual feral people.  One of the park rangers in the smoky mountains national park who supervised the NPS search for Dennis Martin even admitted to Paulides that Feral people existed in the Smoky mountains, but that they were/are human. 

On 5/24/2019 at 1:45 PM, RedHawk454 said:

did you know him personally?.......

No. He homesteaded on Twin Lakes in 1968 just before the Federal Homestead Act was ending. I got to Alaska several years later. There was still some homesteading going on under state programs (also soon to end), but I was still a GI for my first year there, and Mrs. Huntster took majority control of me from Uncle Sam, so any hope of becoming Grizzly Adams was ended before it started. But I thought was at the end of the world as it was. Even Railbelt Alaska seemed more desolate than Southeast Asia at the time.

.......your married or with mrs hunster

Yes, I'm married to her, am her personal servant, used to be her sex slave, but am currently in danger of being fired for insubordination and poor performance.

.........I post on few other similar forums under the same username and a similar one.  Theres a few griz adams types.  some claim to have known him personally.  Most are single and havent got their meat smoked in 30 years.......

Few knew Proenneke personally outside of Kodiak Island of the pre-pipeline era where he had worked before retirement because he rarely came out of there. 

.........the hermit in Maine is a societal reject.  the guy lived by himself and gained nothing.  Other than not having any responsibility and I guess he did live free while robbing people.  But he did it by himself.

I can however see some men choosing to "disappear" though.  .......

Most people actually rejected by society are dead or imprisoned. If those who live apart from society are not hiding from legal justice, it is (by definition) the other way around; they have rejected society. If Mrs. Huntster does indeed fire me from my vocation, I may well become an Alaskan remote hermit for the remainder of my days, but more likely I'd live an rv gypsy lifestyle in the western states.