Time to move on.

Patterson-Gimlin

I have noticed that no skeptics, scoftics,deniers remain here. 

They have been banished. Perhaps as they should be. This is a Bigfoot forum. 

A proponents forum. Recently Norse who I respect  greatly said that is how it should be. 

My time here I have been embarrassed by fellow skeptics and their  outrageous claims. From phantom suits to just a bloke in a suit. 

Anyway, I sincerely hope you prove us wrong. 

I don't think they've been banished. Driven out may be a better way to describe it. Since the majority here are proponents, resolute skeptics and denialists eventually get discouraged and frustrated here and leave. It could be a tough existence here, too. I spent several years at the JREF forum, so I know what it could be like here for a denialist.

6 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I disagree.  You're here.  You're a skeptic.   

There's a huge difference between a skeptic and a scoftic / denialist.      I'll summarize what I've learned about each in my time here on BFF:

We need skeptics.   We need science-minded people keeping our feet on the ground, keeping the evidence in focus, suggesting things we should look for to substantiate the existence of bigfoot whether the skeptic believes they exist or not.   In other words, science is a process and we need skeptics to engage in the process just as much as we need proponents.    

We do not need scoftics / denialists.    They are not here to participate in scientific processes, they are here to derail discussion and stop science from being done.     In a sense they are scared believers, so scared that bigfoot MIGHT indeed exist that they dare not allow anyone to look.    The safety and security of their world view is threatened by honest inquiry.  

Another way to look at it is that a skeptic is someone who could be convinced by evidence and is curious about the truth, wants to be right in the end more than to tell others what is allowed to be right.   A scoftic / denialist does not care about the truth, they want to force the dogma of non-existence on others.  

MIB

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

They have been banished. Perhaps as they should be. This is a Bigfoot forum. 

A proponents forum. Recently Norse who I respect  greatly said that is how it should be. 

My time here I have been embarrassed by fellow skeptics and their  outrageous claims. From phantom suits to just a bloke in a suit. 

Anyway, I sincerely hope you prove us wrong. 

There are plenty of skeptics still here. The ones that got banned where the ones that tried to shout down the conversation. 

Yes. This forum is here to promote dialogue about Bigfoot. Proponents do most of the content digging. But there is room for skeptics here so long as they participate in conversations as oppose to attempting to end them. 

You are are a very respectful person PG and a asset to this forum.  And it makes me sad to think that your leaving on the account of something I said.

• Upvote 1

HAH! Are you kidding Patterson-Gimlin a healthy dose of skepticism is a good shot in the arm for many of us here. We do read what you say and nothing has ever been on the monet=y as far as reality checks go. That in and of itself is valuable which makes you valuable. Truth of the matter is I have learned a lot of discernment from you and consider it part of my toolbox now. There's always room for a scientist in any field here simply for the logic they bring to the dialogue. You play, and have played, an important roll in that. Plus, you're probably the best physical example we have of a Human around the size of Patty ;) If you need to move on though it's cool, door's always open, especially if you see any of us vacillating too far from the straight and narrow scientific path.  

Edited by hiflier

Admin
On 5/15/2019 at 4:04 AM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I have noticed that no skeptics, scoftics,deniers remain here

Hey, I'm a skeptic!

We've only banned two members since September 2018 and they earned it.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Thanks. All of you are most kind. 

Time to close this thread 

So your staying?

28 minutes ago, norseman said:

So your staying?

Yes. Because of people like you 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

I went to school with a high ranking member. We played high school football together. I will talk to him. 

• Upvote 1