Tracking Bigfoot?

Guest Burro-Tracks

Guest MidnightWalkerSE

Many of the folks on here call tracking looking for blatant footprints (I call that Captain Obvious Tracking)...absent that, there goes your tracking. Leigh and his group (Enigma Group) are excellent trackers and trainers. I've learned from them and I've learned many other things from being in the field and observing their ways that I won't share in public for obvious reasons. I am quite sure Leigh knows them and he doesn't share either outside of the standard tracking. Nonetheless, if you attempt to track them, they have so many ways to shake you. Even with a team doing perimeter tracking upon losing the trail, you'd be befuddled. Good for them and screw the guys tracking them for no good reasons. I don't include Leigh in that statement because he and his team are good people.

Keep in mind that the sasquatch are trackers themselves (professionals). I've witnessed for myself a 20 inch print in the straw with huge strides carefully placing foot placements where it would not damage plant growth. I've had them carefully step up from the path and place their feet in the most optimal spot they could. Oh they won't do that 100% of the time but they'll do it when it's important to do so.

I've had them observe me in the woods and watch what I am paying attention to. Prior to their observation, I was picking up these neat little tricks that I look for. After having them watch me, the weeks that come after result in no more of those signs. Good for them I say. The more I teach them, the less that they have to deal with others tracking them.

Edited by MidnightWalkerSE

Guest MidnightWalkerSE

In many (but certainly not all) cases I think it boils down to poor planning. I am about to embark on an adventure here in Louisiana this fall and have a military style plan including the use of sophisticated equipment balanced with seasoned hunters and trackers. The plan will be based on a battle style plan where we use flanking techniques supported with IFR heat sensing cameras via a small aircraft. The way I see it, if you can't "see" the body heat it ain't down there. If we can see the heat then we have eyes in the air and can move in and attempt to complete the expedition. I am not sure if anyone has gone at this in a military style manner with seasoned professionals before. I simply don't know what others have done or how seriously they have taken the expedition. I am not really a BF believer or a non-believer. I just know that the sightings have always been here and I have witnessed the rock tossing and tree knocking first hand for many years so now I think it is time to embark on an expedition of my own since I have more free time now that I am in my 40s. Sightings here seem to peak in the fall so that's the time I plan to try to make this happen. NW Louisiana will be the area, not to far south of the infamous Boggy Creek area of the 70s.

What is your intent?

Personally I think trying to track a BF is a waste of time.

While you're out there crawling through bush and climbing steep terrain,

I'll be hanging around the camp area waiting for an approach.

I'd bet my odds would be much better than yours at a chance for an encounter.

I think this could be correct. I'm also thinking, the longer you could stay in a camp...the better your chances. I'm talking many weeks ..and up to a whole season in a spot, that has been known to be squatchy. Not many of us average working class folks, could pull this off. I'm hoping to give it a try (solo), after I can retire from that boat anchor of a nightly job.

Even a walk into a forest night OP location to sit, might be perceived as invasive or predatory... by the hosts. I have no doubt they know you are there, as well as your precise position. If there is any activity witnessed at all, it is usually sounds (knocks, taps, vocals) and movements..that have already defied what I thought was possible, in the surrounding terrain.

The more aggressive tracker, can try their way... and I'll try mine. There's a better chance, than not... that both methods will come up empty.... and it's NOT because there is no squatch out there.

Even a walk into a forest night OP location to sit, might be perceived as invasive or predatory... by the hosts. I have no doubt they know you are there, as well as your precise position. If there is any activity witnessed at all, it is usually sounds (knocks, taps, vocals) and movements..that have already defied what I thought was possible, in the surrounding terrain.

The more aggressive tracker, can try their way... and I'll try mine. There's a better chance, than not... that both methods will come up empty.... and it's NOT because there is no squatch out there.

I have a feeling you are 100 % correct on that one Imo.....so either tracking or just sitting in camp, its prolly up to them if they want to show or not........

Guest BIGFOOT BBQ

Basically what you're talking about is what I and others call "predator mode". IMO what that gets you is predator treatment. Which I believe is observation from a distance without any contact. You'll hear some knocks, but that's about the extent of the encounter. I think that anyone thinking they're going to sneak up on Ole Hairy is being delusional.

Evidently nobody ever lets "Ole Harry" sneak up on them, either since despite thousands of hunters in the woods every year sitting up in tree stands with cameras taking photos of deer (and other game) -not to mention literally tens of thousands of trail cams as well as lots and lots of wildlife photographers- nobody ever seems to actually get a photo of "Ole Harry" other than the obviously faked or poorly fuzzied shot now and then.

Wonder why that is?

:huh:

Guest bumfish

Hey, just thought I'd throw this out there. I've read most of the arguments in this post but I'd just like to mention a few things. The Native American tribes always had men in their communities who were known as scouts. Scouts could move for hundreds of miles without leaving any noticeable signs, move across tough terrain whilst staying alert and aware of the environment around them. Back then people were used to going a few days without food, (many even fasted for religious reasons) and could still function efficiently. Now you take a supposed Sasquatch, it is much larger than a man, would need a higher calorific intake but like a Bear like a Deer like any wild animal or man of an older generation, it would easily be able to cope without food for a few days, plenty of time to out pace an opposing tracker, especially a tracker in the 21st century. Nowadays most of us can't imagine going a few hours without food because we are used to a western life of greed and gluttony. Are senses are numbed down because we have removed ourselves from the outside world. A creature which has evaded discovery for hundreds of years would no doubtfully have senses that transcended mans on every level. Better hearing, better eyesight, sense of smell etc, etc. I'm sure most of you have tracked a lone deer, track one without a weapon just for tracking sake, you will loose the trail eventually I'm pretty sure of it. I think its ridiculous that people think a Sasquatch could be simply tracked, first think about how long you could track any animal let alone one that would be aware of your intention and would try loose you at all cost. Think of its immense size and speed, it would move across any terrain with relative ease and at such a pace it would stay ahead for a good while, buying it enough time to be able to slow down and move undetected, leaving little or no trace. Of course it would leave a lot of signs at first, something bulky moving fast through the woods would but the point at which it has put enough distance between it and the tracker to slow down and think about its steps would be where the trail ends and I'm guessing that's where it usually does. Man used to have this skill so undoubtedly a Sasquatch would be able to do the same.

Hey, just thought I'd throw this out there. I've read most of the arguments in this post but I'd just like to mention a few things. The Native American tribes always had men in their communities who were known as scouts. Scouts could move for hundreds of miles without leaving any noticeable signs, move across tough terrain whilst staying alert and aware of the environment around them. Back then people were used to going a few days without food, (many even fasted for religious reasons) and could still function efficiently. Now you take a supposed Sasquatch, it is much larger than a man, would need a higher calorific intake but like a Bear like a Deer like any wild animal or man of an older generation, it would easily be able to cope without food for a few days, plenty of time to out pace an opposing tracker, especially a tracker in the 21st century. Nowadays most of us can't imagine going a few hours without food because we are used to a western life of greed and gluttony. Are senses are numbed down because we have removed ourselves from the outside world. A creature which has evaded discovery for hundreds of years would no doubtfully have senses that transcended mans on every level. Better hearing, better eyesight, sense of smell etc, etc. I'm sure most of you have tracked a lone deer, track one without a weapon just for tracking sake, you will loose the trail eventually I'm pretty sure of it. I think its ridiculous that people think a Sasquatch could be simply tracked, first think about how long you could track any animal let alone one that would be aware of your intention and would try loose you at all cost. Think of its immense size and speed, it would move across any terrain with relative ease and at such a pace it would stay ahead for a good while, buying it enough time to be able to slow down and move undetected, leaving little or no trace. Of course it would leave a lot of signs at first, something bulky moving fast through the woods would but the point at which it has put enough distance between it and the tracker to slow down and think about its steps would be where the trail ends and I'm guessing that's where it usually does. Man used to have this skill so undoubtedly a Sasquatch would be able to do the same.

You bring up a good point. Why can't we track down older generation sasquatch? As the older we get the more we tend to slow down and our senses become more dull. This not only goes for humans but for any creature.

Has anyone clocked how fast bigfoot can run? I believe someone stated that it could run at 40mph? That is extremely fast for a biped, especially for one as large as bigfoot is supposed to be.

Guest bumfish

You bring up a good point. Why can't we track down older generation sasquatch? As the older we get the more we tend to slow down and our senses become more dull. This not only goes for humans but for any creature.

Has anyone clocked how fast bigfoot can run? I believe someone stated that it could run at 40mph? That is extremely fast for a biped, especially for one as large as bigfoot is supposed to be.

I'd still presume an older Sasquatch would have far more heightened senses than a man, and possibly more knowledge which would aid them more than there deteriorating senses? Still a good thought though! I wonder if like our community elders they would be looked out for as well, or killed or outcast by another male?