No luck, yet again ...

cmknight

Thanks for the well-wishes, norse, I feel just fine. The problem is stooping or kneeling to secure a ground tent is awkward, due to the urostomy device that is now permanently part of my reality. Bending at the waist stresses the seal, causing leaks, which are not fun to deal with in the field, so a pop up tent trailer would eliminate the need to get down on the ground to peg things down.

RedHawk 454, if you're referring to the OPs photo, the state is the Province of British Columbia, Canada, specifically the tributary valleys of the lower Fraser River. CM and I both are part of groups that research this large, and historically active region.

I try to stay away from places that I know other researchers are in. They can get a bit testy of others in "their" areas. Unfortunately, this summer is going to be practically zero for squatching for me, as I have to go in for Carpal Tunnel surgery in 4-6 weeks, then the other hand 4-6 weeks after that. I probably won't even get back to work until close to the end of September.

Sorry to hear that, CM, I know what it's like to be unable to get out there for a year or so, I lost a whole season just 2 years ago. It wasn't fun, cabin fever makes me grumpier than usual, and my wife was very happy to see me well enough to get out of her hair.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic