Sightings Section

NatFoot

I feel like that part of the forum doesn't get a ton of traffic and we are missing out on some great sightings to break down/discuss.

Just my humble opinion.

This is a perfect example. Up close sightings with interesting behavior and then the witnessing of a hunt.

Pretty incredible if true. 

• Upvote 1

There are tons of outstanding and credible sighting reports. Check these two out:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=933

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=15821

Despite having a deep interest in sasquatchery and reading everything I run across on the subject, both of those reports I found when using this website's excellent SSR in data analysis. 

Another incredible set of reports are those coming from the Ocean Shores community in Grays Harbor, WA between 2012 & 2015:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_county_reports.asp?state=wa&county=Grays+Harbor

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, hiflier said:

And yet science......

........continues to demand their sasquatch is delivered free, and that they are thanked for their strict adherence to their snitty ideology. 

It's because few if any ever place any pressure on science and their scientists in particular to dig in hard on the subject. I honestly hate saying this, I really do, but over the last two years I have emailed primatologists, scientists, anthropologists, DNR people, F&W people and others and let me tell you, Hunster, I quit. It's pointless to continue any more efforts along those lines.

What pisses me off most, Hunster, is everyone here knew I was putting in those efforts and just sat back and simply watched me fail. THEY WATCHED ME FAIL! I think some even enjoyed watching me fail so they could say, "See, hiflier? Told you so. NYAH, NYAH!"

Everyone happy now? Here's the thing, 50 people will go out of their way, pay money, and show up at an Olympic Project Sasquatch Expedition, not find a Sasquatch, but I can't get even just two people on this entire Forum to write a simple email to help put some pressure where it needs to be put. So...yeah.....I quit. I'll get to look at more pictures of your stick structures though so all is not lost, right? That should make me happy.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

A down vote? Good. At least it shows you read the post. People have told me they won't write emails because they have an attitude about me. But since when does someone's attitude supercede the discovery of the century? Any one who writes an email is dealing with an issue ONLY between themselves and F&W. If someone is going to do that and wants me to send one also in support I will do that with no questions asked. That's the way it should work if anyone is truly serious.

If MIB, Norseman, Hunster, gigantor or anyone else decides to send an email to their respective F&W and asked me to send one too I wouldn't hesitate for a second. Anyone could count on me to do that no matter if they are long time members or new members. That goes for you , too, Inc1. I would do that. Why? because I think the official truth about Sasquatch is that important. It's more important than the Neanderthals, the Naledi, the Denisovans, Flores Hobbits, an all the rest. WAY more important! Science needs the pressure put on them to say biologists, zoologists, and all the rest. I've tried to do it alone. Anyone else has also gone it alone. WHY when it doesn't have to be that way?

So yeah, give me the down vote, give me a hundred of 'em, it changes nothing. Not the first time and won't be the last.

Edited by hiflier
  • Downvote 1

I've been waiting for your usual once every 2 weekish hijacking of a thread to rant about how know one follows your lead.  I dont believe anyone here opposes your efforts Hiflier, or gets joy in your failures for that matter.  What we oppose is your constant rants in regards to others not following your lead.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Twist said:

I've been waiting for your usual once every 2 weekish hijacking

You've been WAITING? You're time would have been better spent seriously solving the question of existence beyond opinion. Unless going around in circles ad nauseam is something you just like to do. Personally it's never been my cup of tea. On topic, these reports are compelling but people just read them and move on. Sure, they're interesting but there's thousands of them and not one shows a lick of proof. Is that okay? Must because no matter how seemingly compelling or truthful a report may sound it's a dead end. Always has been. When is enough enough for everyone? Looks like never to me.

Just like the reports we read, and some are pretty amazing, people still find footprints (just like before), people still guess at stick structures (just like before), people still hear a howl or two....but that isn't progress. What WOULD be progress? A body? Well, yeah, that would do it, we ALL know that. Is it going to happen? More than likely not. So what does that leave for choices? Not a whole heck of a lot. But if everyone's fine with that then great.

My 'rants' as you seem to like to call them (not too derogatory, but who's counting anyway, right?) stem from something that is hands down the EASIEST thing to do. But if everyone want to do things the hard way then go for it. I've watched everyone here fail to get proof from the field for nearly six years, including myself, but so few want, or have tried, to do things differently  along with what they're already doing. THAT is what logically doesn't make sense.

Not a rant, Twist, just an observation. And it's one that I find just short of impossible to understand. Always have.

So, wanna report? Here's one of my favorites and it ISN'T 40 years old: https://sasquatchchronicles.com/hog-hunter-watches-bigfoot-kill-hog/

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, hiflier said:

It's because few if any ever place any pressure on science and their scientists in particular to dig in hard on the subject. I honestly hate saying this, I really do, but over the last two years I have emailed primatologists, scientists, anthropologists, DNR people, F&W people and others and let me tell you, Hunster, I quit. It's pointless to continue any more efforts along those lines.

What pisses me off most, Hunster, is everyone here knew I was putting in those efforts and just sat back and simply watched me fail. THEY WATCHED ME FAIL! I think some even enjoyed watching me fail so they could say, "See, hiflier? Told you so. NYAH, NYAH!"

Everyone happy now? Here's the thing, 50 people will go out of their way, pay money, and show up at an Olympic Project Sasquatch Expedition, not find a Sasquatch, but I can't get even just two people on this entire Forum to write a simple email to help put some pressure where it needs to be put. So...yeah.....I quit. I'll get to look at more pictures of your stick structures though so all is not lost, right? That should make me happy.

I gave you a thanks for your efforts and perseverance. I don't think you should be so hard on others who do not share your passion. 

Take me for instance. As you know I am of the opinion that the creature is fantasy. 

You've been WAITING? You're time would have been better spent seriously solving the question of existence beyond opinion.

I’ll choose how I spend MY time thank you.    My goal has nothing to do with solving the existence of BF.

Unless going around in circles ad nauseam is something you just like to do. Personally it's never been my cup of tea.

You sure love goings around in circles ranting on this topic.  😂

My 'rants' as you seem to like to call them (not too derogatory, but who's counting anyway, right?) 

You need to grow some thicker skin if the word rant is derogatory.   

Draft the frickin email and tell me who to send it to and I'll do it. But I don't believe your efforts are worth the time it takes. If you completely disagree...draft it, give me my local F&W email Addy and I'll take 10 seconds to send.

Stop the constant griping and hijacking of threads. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Twist said:

..........What we oppose is your constant rants in regards to others not following your lead.  

I don't care about his rants. Hell, I've been married for 43 years and have three kids. Rants don't even go in one ear to go out the other.

The reason why I don't email Alaska officialdom to pressure them about sasquatchery is because I'm a coward just like those officials themselves. Those people know me. My family members work for their agencies. And the bottom line is that I don't care what government, academia, and science thinks or does about this phenomenon. At least they aren't trying to impose a sasquatch tax on me like they are with the freaking weather.

12 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I don't care about his rants. Hell, I've been married for 43 years and have three kids. Rants don't even go in one ear to go out the other.

😂

I dont write because why would the government spill the beans to me, a random person?  The government despite what we like to think and believe answers to no one.   It’s not right in all matters but it’s reality.   

Edited by Twist

28 minutes ago, Twist said:

I dont write because why would the government spill the beans to me, a random person?  The government despite what we like to think and believe answers to no one.   It’s not right in all matters but it’s reality.   

The idea of course is to not BE "a random person". But I think you pretty much know that by now as does everyone else. As far as the government goes this isn't something to tackle at the federal level. Only state. Any successes could reach the federal level though. But even if at the federal level? No one is asking for the launch codes LOL though you make it sound like it. It's only Bigfoot. An animal in the forest. Bet you'd get answers galore about bear questions. Or moose questions- from both state AND federal. Nope, this is Bigfoot. A myth, there should be an easy answer about a myth, right?

Hey, NatFoot, I have two: A nice on and one that's more direct. Don't know where you are so can't give you your specific F&W contact info. PM? In the meantime here are the drafts:

Sample email #1:

Bigfoot is not a recognized species by any wildlife agencies in the U.S.. But publicly the debate over its existence or non-existence continues to this day without a solution. I am writing on this issue after not being able to find a definitive answer anywhere and so thought the best possible way to approach this would be to pose the question to my own Fish and Wildlife agency. I have a high regard for everyone at Fish and Wildlife in both administration as well as in the field. Every resident of this state benefits from your diligence in managing the animals that live here.

My inquiry may seem frivolous to you but in reality a simple "Yes or "No" answer on the existence of this creature would not be at all frivolous to me. Since the public cannot seem answer the question it leaves me little choice but to turn but my own Fish and Wildlife who I consider would be the experts in such matters. I respectfully ask, would such a definitive "Yes" or "No" answer be possible to give? And if not, might you be able to explain to me why that would be? I sincerely thank you for any light you may be able to shed on this subject and look forward to your reply.

Sincerely, xxxxxx

Sample email #2:

The debate regarding the existence of Bigfoot has been going on for well over 50 years and yet the public is still in the dark on the specific answer to that debate. I'm turning to you because I consider the Fish and Wildlife agency to be the only reliable resource that can put the question of Bigfoot existence to rest once and for all. Does the creature commonly known as Bigfoot exist? Or does it not exist? A simple "yes" or "no" is all I am asking. If you cannot answer this question would you please explain why after all these years you cannot? Thank you and I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely, xxxxxxx

Edited by hiflier

10 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Take me for instance. As you know I am of the opinion that the creature is fantasy. 

With all due respect Patterson-Gimlin, my own F&W biologist told me that the F&W in my state weren't sure they don't exist. For me personally?  I would consider that a bit above simple fantasy.

On topic here's a report from Canonsburg, PA in John Green's database that I did actually do follow up emails on. I sent emails because at the time Dr. Brian Sykes was accepting hair samples and I thought it might be a good opportunity to get the Canonsberg hair samples tested:

Jeremiah and family had several unusual sasquatch encounters. Jeremiah interviewed on video about sighting in late summer, 1991. He also had a cast of a 14-inch footprint and gave Don Keating some coarse black hairs collected off the top strand of a 4-foot barbed wire fence.

Edited by hiflier