Sightings Section

NatFoot

14 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

Should we refer to you as 'hiflier X'?

Sure. But if you're going to contact the US Dept. of Agriculture put a circle around the "X" because with the Feds I don't like using my real name ;) 

4 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

NY State, but would also send one for CO.

If you're not comfortable using you're real name and address in the emails though then I would say to forget it. If it doesn't bother you then you can either add my name and address under yours and make the email a "we" or let me know when you're going to do it in each state and I will time my own accordingly.

For CO: dnr_cpwcommission@state.co.us  

The letter below is NY in 2012. If you think anything has changed in the last 7 years then go for it wildlife@dec.ny.gov

404080641_NoBigfoot-NY.thumb.jpg.22224219632582f00830db9202013ab7.jpg

• Thanks 1

I will use my main email address and my real name. Not concerned about it. Will let you know what I receive back once I send.

Edited to add - we may receive a better response if we had the names and email of senior officials, rather than what is the equivalent of a SPA box managed by some admins.

Edited by NatFoot

23 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

.....we may receive a better response if we had the names and email of senior officials, rather than what is the equivalent of a SPA box managed by some admins.

Okay, let me dig into that a bit more. And NatFoot, gotta seriously thank you for this. Like I've said, it's only one avenue to pursue along with anyone's field research but it I really think it should be included as part of the total research picture. I will be doing further follow ups to my own F&W's earlier responses as well.

..in the meantime, I DO spend a lot of time in the sightings section.  I’ve commented on several sitings, and no one usually responds.  I really enjoy reading about encounters. Gives me hope...

• Upvote 1

Here are the main people at the top. Also, as of January 2019, Mr. Jeff Ver Steeg is the new acting director. For NY it is Mr. Basil Seggos who has this page for contact. Although it isn't email per se it does serve to act as a starter. It was the same for me which does end up as email correspondences once the initial submission is made: https://www.dec.ny.gov/about/407.html

@OKBFFan, spend quite a bit of time there myself :) 

Edited by hiflier

16 minutes ago, OKBFFan said:

..in the meantime, I DO spend a lot of time in the sightings section.  I’ve commented on several sitings, and no one usually responds.  I really enjoy reading about encounters. Gives me hope...

yeah me too... :sarcastic:

Maybe if we talk about sightings, the thread hi-jack will cease.

Here is a map of most (imagine more in Canada and Alaska) reports in the SSR database. I'm working on the John Green reports (for probably the next couple of years)

1151761059_SSR052719.thumb.jpg.697479d1ebd04b107cbd45ee5217f258.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Here is Canada. Gotta believe there's a lot of Sasquatch in Northern Canada, with not a lot of people there to have the encounters.

110202758_SSR052719Canada.thumb.jpg.9a14ddd349ac1b700b3287c8542a2c63.jpg

• Upvote 2

Hey, everyone, I do need to apologize for my behavior on threads. I can get hyper-focused at times but there's no excuse for it. And Redbone, I get the amount of future time you may spend on John Green's database. I really do. Thank you for posting the sightings maps above I will be spending about a month visiting Eastern Canada starting later this August. Looks like I won't have much to go on for reports unless I dig into some Canada websites, eh. Your maps say that I probably should do just that.

Edited by hiflier

I tip my hat to you Redbone.

Many of you active forum members are likely aware that the ratio of unreported encounters to encounters reported with any "agency" may be quite high.  I sometimes visit an establishment in Bailey, Colorado that has a Colorado map with numerous sighting locations, only a few of which have been recorded with BFRO or another organization.  My experience here in Colorado would cause me to estimate that the ratio is about 8:1 (I know of about 8 times as many unreported encounters here in a particular part of CO - including mine -  as reported encounters).  Don't know how to handle that disconnect, but I appreciate its significance.

2 minutes ago, 9-dot said:

Many of you active forum members are likely aware that the ratio of unreported encounters to encounters reported with any "agency" may be quite high.  I sometimes visit an establishment in Bailey, Colorado that has a Colorado map with numerous sighting locations, only a few of which have been recorded with BFRO or another organization.  My experience here in Colorado would cause me to estimate that the ratio is about 8:1 (I know of about 8 times as many unreported encounters here in a particular part of CO - including mine -  as reported encounters).  Don't know how to handle that disconnect, but I appreciate its significance.

agreed. I actually think the ratio is likely higher than that, especially on the Reservations.

• Upvote 2

If reports could be up to 8x as numerous as databases lead us to believe then the lack of evidence us baffling for this creature.   Already reports seem to widespread geographically and numerous to point towards a yet undiscovered biped in NA, imo. 

Im of the opinion that a lot of reports are falsified, misidentification, or delusions.  I believe if discovery is achieved we’ll learn its low in population and nomadic.    

17 minutes ago, Twist said:

I'm of the opinion that a lot of reports are falsified, misidentification, or delusions.  I believe if discovery is achieved we’ll learn its low in population and nomadic.    

Mine isn't: https://bigfootforums.com/topic/64464-possible-daylight-sighting-of-a-sasquatch-on-the-omaha-indian-reservation-report-59757/

Neither is this one: https://bigfootforums.com/topic/33934-father-and-son-are-approached-by-three-large-bipeds-while-fishing-at-dusk-west-of-asbury-report-36514/

Or this one: https://bigfootforums.com/topic/55408-early-morning-commuter-swerves-to-miss-tall-hairy-figure-near-grain-valley-report-56438/

These are witnesses I know, whose lives changed after their sightings, in Nebraska, Iowa, and Missouri. (My life didn't change, because I was out looking already)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 9-dot said:

We loved their exhibit. My 3.5 year old still talks about the bigfoot hiding in the trees and the birds chirping.