Sightings Section

NatFoot

You will never get a confirmation for the existence of this creature from a state wild life official website email . It's not going to happen

You could try talking to some of the rangers , officials on a personal level and see if any care to share off the record  but that's it.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Redbone said:

.........Here is a map of most (imagine more in Canada and Alaska) reports in the SSR database. I'm working on the John Green reports (for probably the next couple of years)........

Oh, the John Green database isn't completely included in the SSR database?

There are probably lots of reports from groups that aren't included, no?

Edited by Huntster

7 hours ago, Redbone said:

I believe there to be legit reports,  I had my own potential BF experience. What I’m getting at is the elusiveness of the creature and lack of verifiable evidence do not line up imo and that gets even more magnified when proposing there could be 8x as many not reported.  

1 hour ago, Twist said:

I believe there to be legit reports,  I had my own potential BF experience. What I’m getting at is the elusiveness of the creature and lack of verifiable evidence do not line up imo and that gets even more magnified when proposing there could be 8x as many not reported.  

Hence the resorting to telepathy to account for the lack of verifiable evidence.

I respect you immensely. I admire your conviction. I don't share your enthusiasm. 

If the creature exists, don't you think we would be aware of it by now. With complete documentation. 

Time to move on. 

7 hours ago, Huntster said:

Oh, the John Green database isn't completely included in the SSR database?

There are probably lots of reports from groups that aren't included, no?

There are 669 John Green reports entered in the SSR out of 4000+. There is no longer a usable public database for John Green. I've been posting them here after creating a very complicated excel spreadsheet to print each one individually. His database 'system' is complicated because it it 4 interconnected databases, "Incident, Witness, Creature, and Footprints". One "incident" may link to 3 witnesses, 5 creatures, or 5 trackways. It will be difficult to get it back online as it is now (above my pay grade anyway). The SSR is the best way to make it searchable, so I will keep plugging away.

In total, 426 reports are reported by multiple groups, for example 222 reports are both BFRO and John Green.

BFRO, PA Bigfoot, VBRO, NAWAC are all finished. There are reports in Bigfoot Encounters, Oregon Bigfoot, and KBRO that can still be entered.image.thumb.png.cbf85465b81e04495fd595aff69353a5.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

You guys who have been working on the SSR are doing critically important work, and I want to personally thank you all. You've explained to me why I can't find Green's database online. As the first and oldest such database, I think it's an important one. It would be a tragedy to lose it.

I can share my John Green spreadsheet, and should do so in case something happens to me.

At the moment I cannot explain the spreadsheet well enough for others to use it. I need to create instructions, OR make it more user friendly.

His database is archived somewhere on the internet in original form. I'll see if I can find a link.

Now that it has come up, we may need to just start a thread to explain it all...

17 hours ago, 9-dot said:

I tip my hat to you Redbone.

Many of you active forum members are likely aware that the ratio of unreported encounters to encounters reported with any "agency" may be quite high.  I sometimes visit an establishment in Bailey, Colorado that has a Colorado map with numerous sighting locations, only a few of which have been recorded with BFRO or another organization.  My experience here in Colorado would cause me to estimate that the ratio is about 8:1 (I know of about 8 times as many unreported encounters here in a particular part of CO - including mine -  as reported encounters).  Don't know how to handle that disconnect, but I appreciate its significance.

Did you see one face to face?

I've seen the BiGFo0T store in Bailey everytime I drive by on 285,  I have never been in because I don't trust the majority of BiGFo0Ters who seem to be more armchair  speculators who are more concerned making a profit selling merchandise.  I've heard the stories of course  about people who saw one when camping out in the middle of nowhere.  

7 minutes ago, RedHawk454 said:

I've seen the BiGFo0T store in Bailey everytime I drive by on 285,  I have never been in because I don't trust the majority of BiGFo0Ters who seem to be more armchair  speculators who are more concerned making a profit selling merchandise.  I've heard the stories of course  about people who saw one when camping out in the middle of nowhere.  

You should stop in and go into the exhibit. The life size diorama is impressive alone.

6 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

You should stop in and go into the exhibit. The life size diorama is impressive alone.

so you think they are legit?

23 minutes ago, RedHawk454 said:

so you think they are legit?

They are a business and are there to make money. The BF part is an attraction but there's some very cool info there and a place where sightings are supposedly document on a map....that may not be documented anywhere else.

If you are passing by, no reason to not stop in.

57 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

They are a business and are there to make money. The BF part is an attraction but there's some very cool info there and a place where sightings are supposedly document on a map....that may not be documented anywhere else.

If you are passing by, no reason to not stop in.

The owner, Jim, is a personal friend of mine.  We became friends years ago through our shared interest in Sasquatch.  In that light one can view what I will say with your choice of perspective.

In my world of friends and acquaintances that I am confident would be considered huge, I know of no one with more integrity, honesty, compassion, empathy for the underprivileged, and (important in this discussion) commitment for an open-minded quest for understanding and truth than him.  When I talk of my squatchin' buddy, Jim (the owner of Sasquatch Outpost in Bailey, CO) is the one.  I have spent many hours with Jim on and off trail, have camped with him, have sat quietly with him in the forest in the cold into the wee hours of the morning with sound amplifying headphones and infrared detectors.

That is my story - and I am sticking to it.  I would swear to such under oath.

1 hour ago, RedHawk454 said:

"Face to face" would be misleading.  Face (mine) to body (hers) at 57 yards would be more accurate.  Although I saw little in the way of facial features, other than what might have been hairless brow ridge and cheeks, I saw plenty else (to be described in another thread documenting my summer 2016).

• Upvote 1