Sightings Section

NatFoot

10 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I respect you immensely. I admire your conviction. I don't share your enthusiasm. 

If the creature exists, don't you think we would be aware of it by now. With complete documentation. 

Time to move on. 

We pull new creatures out of the mud in places with millions of humans moving about taking tours, fishing, hunting and  boating.     https://bgr.com/2018/12/06/reticulated-siren-salamander-florida/

You keep selling the subject short with " we should have by now " but the issue it does not hold water ( but rather to the contrary an amphibian ), look deeper.

36 minutes ago, 9-dot said:

The owner, Jim, is a personal friend of mine.  We became friends years ago through our shared interest in Sasquatch.  In that light one can view what I will say with your choice of perspective.

In my world of friends and acquaintances that I am confident would be considered huge, I know of no one with more integrity, honesty, compassion, empathy for the underprivileged, and (important in this discussion) commitment for an open-minded quest for understanding and truth than him.  When I talk of my squatchin' buddy, Jim (the owner of Sasquatch Outpost in Bailey, CO) is the one.  I have spent many hours with Jim on and off trail, have camped with him, have sat quietly with him in the forest in the cold into the wee hours of the morning with sound amplifying headphones and infrared detectors.

That is my story - and I am sticking to it.  I would swear to such under oath.

"Face to face" would be misleading.  Face (mine) to body (hers) at 57 yards would be more accurate.  Although I saw little in the way of facial features, other than what might have been hairless brow ridge and cheeks, I saw plenty else (to be described in another thread documenting my summer 2016).

was your encounter in or around the lost creek wilderness?

18 minutes ago, RedHawk454 said:

was your encounter in or around the lost creek wilderness?

My sighting was within 10 miles of Bailey, Colorado - a purposefully vague description to include Lost Creek Wilderness, Mt. Evans Wilderness, and extensive tracts of BLM forest land not designated as wilderness, but pretty wild all the same.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 9-dot said:

My sighting was within 10 miles of Bailey, Colorado - a purposefully vague description to include Lost Creek Wilderness, Mt. Evans Wilderness, and extensive tracts of BLM forest land not designated as wilderness, but pretty wild all the same.

If they are in CO...they have to be around that general area. Lucky to have a sighting. Would have loved my time in CO to have included that (not a miserably terrifying encounter).

Looking forward to hearing about your summer of '16.

10 hours ago, NathanFooter said:

We pull new creatures out of the mud in places with millions of humans moving about taking tours, fishing, hunting and  boating.     https://bgr.com/2018/12/06/reticulated-siren-salamander-florida/

You keep selling the subject short with " we should have by now " but the issue it does not hold water ( but rather to the contrary an amphibian ), look deeper.

Agreed many smaller species are discovered frequently. I have many scientific associates who are involved in the discovery. 

The PNW  is the home to many of them. 

Is it not strange that while small creatures are documented on the regular, but large man apes remain undocumented. 

The obvious reason being. They simply don't exist. It would be so awesome if they did. I can wish and dream.

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

8 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

The obvious reason being. They simply don't exist. It would be so awesome if they did. I can wish and dream.

It may seem obvious to you but i think it is wrong.    I think the small critters are found because they are running on instinct, not intelligence.   Bigfoot appears to be capable of the same level of planning you or I engage in yet we're pursuing them on their turf.    If the tables were turned, if they were in our house rather than us in theirs, we'd find them pretty quickly, but that home field advantaged mixed with awareness and conscious planning are a hard nut to crack.

So far as "they don't exist" ... if that is the case, we need a rational and consistent explanation for the evidence they've left behind.   Science hasn't been able to produce one, only excuses, only suggestions we not look at things that are inconveniently unexplainable if examined ... so don't look.

MIB

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Agreed many smaller species are discovered frequently. I have many scientific associates who are involved in the discovery. 

Is it not strange that while small creatures are documented on the regular, but large man apes remain undocumented. 

Your position is short sighted, you call an amphibian as matching grade ( if not higher ) to a large intelligent and rare ( on all legitimate accounts ) creature such as the Sasquatch.  This is not like we are looking for a new species of moose or bison, you seem to discount the aspects about the animals that have been defined for hundreds of years to make room for the " we should have by now "  position.

On average smaller creatures tend to be higher in population and variety, many of the recently discovered animals that have fallen into the large size category have drastically smaller populations. I made similar reference points about these factors with mention to the Bili ape discovery but you continue to look past it.  For instance if I go to another country in search of a new species, I am far more likely to discover a new species of insect, arachnid or fish than a larger secretive crepuscular mammal, my entire point is that new animals are still being discovered on our soil ( a place supposedly not capable of hiding Sasquatch ). By the standard you have set, we should have discovered the Bili ape within 5 or 10 years of harvesting the majority of the other large mammals.

In my opinion, for someone who claims a scientific background you don't seem to quantify or evaluate things on the scientific scale including all the factors of consideration.  You seem to cherry pick the things you like and exclude or ignore the things that don't support your position, that is not scientific or skeptical in nature. 

If you weigh it that way then that is your personal unscientific belief, I am only really harping because proper evaluation of any subject is critical.   Both sides of this subject miss the mark, I will leave it be from here on out.

I am a chemist not a biologist.  What makes you think the man apes are intelligent ? Do they use tools?

Have they built sea worthy ships, monuments ? Probably not. Technology of any  kind ? 

Do they kill their own kind in wars ? 

On 5/28/2019 at 8:20 AM, Redbone said:

I can share my John Green spreadsheet, and should do so in case something happens to me.

At the moment I cannot explain the spreadsheet well enough for others to use it. I need to create instructions, OR make it more user friendly.

His database is archived somewhere on the internet in original form. I'll see if I can find a link.

Now that it has come up, we may need to just start a thread to explain it all...

I followed up and started a thread. The spreadsheet (as of today) is available for download here, but no real instructions yet. It seems important to get it out there to be sure it is never lost. I did clean it up (A LOT) so it makes more sense to others.

Here is the web archive site where the original data can be downloaded. https://web.archive.org/web/20170422234346/http://sasquatchdatabase.com/

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Redbone said:

I followed up and started a thread. The spreadsheet (as of today) is available for download here, but no real instructions yet. It seems important to get it out there to be sure it is never lost. I did clean it up (A LOT) so it makes more sense to others.

Here is the web archive site where the original data can be downloaded. https://web.archive.org/web/20170422234346/http://sasquatchdatabase.com/

You deserve a medal and a lifetime premium membership for the work you're doing.

10 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I am a chemist not a biologist.  What makes you think the man apes are intelligent ? Do they use tools?

Have they built sea worthy ships, monuments ? Probably not. Technology of any  kind ? 

Do they kill their own kind in wars ? 

How could you know for sure they don't know tools?  Their intelligence manifests itself in being able to remain undocumented so long.

As humans, we beat our collective chests and pat ourselves on the back for creating magnificent structures as a tribute to what we can do.  We also marveled at the spectacular achievement of Richard Proenneke who was able to live alone in Alaska for 30 years.  A juvenile sasquatch can do that in their sleep without a log cabin and without an instruction booklet.

Now tell me who is the more intelligent?

We are by far the more intelligent creature.  No comparison.   Bears also survive in Alaska but they are not more intelligent......

I think bears are just as intelligent as Sasquatches but their body types limit what they can do. Therefore two creatures have different skill sets. Bears certainly cannot physically do what Sasquatches can do. For Sasquatch, their brains also limit what they can do compared to our brains. But the animal mind inside a primate body is probably the highest evolutionary form that a wild animal could attain without being Human. Our ability to think in high level concepts is what has set us apart from just being a type of hairless Sasquatch species ourselves?

On 5/29/2019 at 12:50 AM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

If they dont exist, explain the Footprints, thousand of sighting, Howls a legends going back thousand of years.  Just because we dont have a body - Doesnt mean the dont exist. Less then 20 yrs ago, we thought we were the only Solar system in the Universe. Turns out a star not having planets around them is the odd ball.  

We spend a lot time believing in the existence of heaven yet there is no evidence, except for writing of it. But billions of people believe in some sort of God. we have no real proof, that a god exists   

You cant discount what evidence we have. That would be most closed mind. 

1 hour ago, wiiawiwb said:

How could you know for sure they don't know tools?  Their intelligence manifests itself in being able to remain undocumented so long.

As humans, we beat our collective chests and pat ourselves on the back for creating magnificent structures as a tribute to what we can do.  We also marveled at the spectacular achievement of Richard Proenneke who was able to live alone in Alaska for 30 years.  A juvenile sasquatch can do that in their sleep without a log cabin and without an instruction booklet.

Now tell me who is the more intelligent?

Apes have been shown to use tools... and with frequency 

3 hours ago, Twist said:

We are by far the more intelligent creature........

I daily gain visual evidence that 'we" are incredibly stupid as a species. Show me a bear population that fights with each other arguing that boars can be sows if they so wish and vice versa. It's simple biology. They get it, and "we" obviously don't.