Sightings Section

NatFoot

31 minutes ago, hiflier said:

.........IMHO using the "samples contaminated by Humans" excuse no longer holds water........

Especially after they deduct so much from a 40,000 year old sliver of finger bone, and they have used the "contamination" line on several fresh samples. Moreover, if they can determine Denisovan differences to modern Kazaks, they should be able to determine differences between sasquatches and Salish natives, thereby falsifying the contamination line.

.........But how does one get through that door to even bring it up without the door abrubtly being closed in one's face or the usual end result of non-answered emails........

There is one way, and one way only: drag a fresh, bleeding, and stinking sasquatch carcass in, present it to them before plenty of witnesses, and then hire a criminal defense team to defend yourself against the state and federal prosecutors. 

And that is precisely why this game is being set up and played. The above scenario is what they want.

.........Why doesn't Meldrum or Disotell ever wade in on such an obvious discrepancy?........

It's way over their heads.

24 minutes ago, Huntster said:

It's way over their heads.

You're giving them too much credit methinks. They both are fairly deep into this Sasquatch DNA thing and have been for years. Dr. Disotell either isn't a good enough primate geneticist or.......Sasquatch is so danged close to Humans that the markers need a new technology to be discerned.....or......the markers HAVE been discerned but Human contamination is a mandated outcome. I certainly hope that isn't the case but nothing else makes any sense.

I mean why would a dirt sample from under the center of a manufactured nest that shows all kinds of animals including Humans with no apparent issues but we are left to conclude that it must have been Humans that constructed the nests when the physical evidence says otherwise. I don't think anyone has any wiggle room on that whether they are a geneticist, an anthropologist, a zoologist or not. And I really don't think the BF community should just let any of that slide for a second.

Nest, are strange beast.  There is no real evidence that bf uses or make them.   The few reports of people coming upon sleeping bf.  They are always sleeping on the ground or nestled in thickets on the ground. 

No other great apes builds nest.  So I have a problem with the best thing. 

BFF Patron

In trees ( should of been more clear) I am aware of that. But Not on the ground. 

That would expose them.  I don’t think bf would no that.  

Edited by Franco

BFF Patron

Key phrase:  .... ground nests are common in gorilla.....

https://www.eva.mpg.de/documents/Wiley-Blackwell/Fruth_Sleep_AmJPhysAnthr_2018_2627710.pdf

The other element is fairly sophisticated live limb weaving even in temporary nests. 

Fruth_Sleep_AmJPhysAnthr_2018_2627710.pdf

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Franco said:

In trees ( should of been more clear) I am aware of that. But Not on the ground. 

That would expose them.  I don’t think bf would no that.  

Expose them to what? They are the top predator in the forest.

13 minutes ago, Franco said:

Sleeping bears are easy kills.  Hunting 101

In nearly 50 years living in Alaska, I remember only one case of a guy I knew killing a sleeping bear.

I do, however, know of at least two cases of men awakening a bear in the den in mid winter, and the bear emerged to maul the men. One of the men died.

Edited to add: I take back my first statement. Another guy I knew killed a gigantic black bear in the den. Crawled down into it with the bear and killed it with a 10mm Delta. Natives like to do that in October/November in the interior.

Edited by Huntster

31 minutes ago, Franco said:

Sleeping bears are easy kills.  Hunting 101

Are you suggesting that bears prey on bigfoot for food?

26 minutes ago, Huntster said:

In nearly 50 years living in Alaska, I remember only one case of a guy I knew killing a sleeping bear.

I do, however, know of at least two cases of men awakening a bear in the den in mid winter, and the bear emerged to maul the men. One of the men died.

Edited to add: I take back my first statement. Another guy I knew killed a gigantic black bear in the den. Crawled down into it with the bear and killed it with a 10mm Delta. Natives like to do that in October/November in the interior.

Recently there was a case where a father and son were arrested for shooting black bears in hibernation . I can't remember the state .

That is a interesting article. Thanks Norse for sharing. 

Perhaps the contamination is not real but is simply human 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 7.62 said:

Expose them to what? They are the top predator in the forest.

Maybe top alpha males. I could definitely see smaller females and young being exposed to predators such as Bears and Cougars. Apes with color vision also do not have as good of night vision as predators who possess a lucidum tapetum. Albeit they obviously have better night vision than we do.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, NatFoot said:

@Incorrigible1

I see you.

Are you referring to the minus vote I gave your posting criticizing another member for honest, respectful opinion regarding veracity of sightings?

Case in point, Gigantor.

• Thanks 1

He has his opinion. He thinks they are all liars. He thinks my grandmother and great grandfather are liars.

I take that a bit personally.

Doesn't matter though. Carry on all of you liars.

• Downvote 1