hiflier

Bigfoot Researchers Who Have "Gone To The Other Side"

hiflier
Posted (edited)

I am not the only one who has noticed current and past Bigfoot researchers who have crossed the line concerning Bigfoot being a paranormal entity.  This is a phenomenon I do not understand. I'm not saying I don't understand the strict paranormal concept. I'm saying I don't understand why researchers that we once knew as believer's in a flesh and blood creature are now embracing the idea that Bigfoot is "something else. Over the past few years that I've been acquainted with the subject there seems to be a slow epidemic of more and more cross-over thinking that Bigfoot isn't just a physical entity. If this only involved one or two of what I would call a traditional Bigfoot thinkers it wouldn't be all that interesting but it seems more and more researchers are stepping into that mystical realm. For a person like myself I find it worrisome and I cannot but get a little suspicious of the trend.

Off the top of my head I know of a couple who have made the switch but I would be interested to see a list of researchers who have altered their Bigfoot thinking into a deeper paranormal realm say even within the last ten years. Dr. Mathew Johnson of course comes to mind immediately but researchers like Thom Powel and others seem to be recent proponents for a paranormal Bigfoot. David Paulides? Is he one now also? I find it a little disturbing that the trend appears to be happening to top people in he field.I guess I'm just wondering why this is all happening. Of course I have my thoughts on the matter but would like to hear what people think. I saw where even Bobo Fey was discussing it and perhaps almost convinced?

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 2

norseman

That sounded like to me that Bobo was not convinced Bigfoot was a ghost. The young man was pushing that angle.

Some people I think when confronted with the constant failure of finding the beast? Move to alternative explanations as to why that is the case. With supernatural powers it becomes more palatable to them as to why Bigfoot has eluded them for years.

People also falsely believe that breeding populations of Bigfeet are in every state in the union. And that they can just hide in plain sight behind aunt Martha’s corn patch just outside of Chicago. Evidently from an early age Bigfeet are taught the art of Ninjitsu. I do not think people understand the caloric intake of a large primate let alone a family of them. And how much land it would take to support them. Indeed a large primate can hide his body or maybe even his foot prints. But he isn’t going to hide his impact of the environment. It’s not going to go unnoticed. Unless it’s vast wilderness.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

hiflier
Posted (edited)

Couldn't agree with you more, my friend but is there more to it than just mental laziness like NathanFooter mentioned? If one was a conspiracy person one could make the argument that top researchers are being "turned". Interpret that how you will but the pattern isn't much different than if "someone" had gotten to them. The "mystical" Bigfoot is showing up a LOT now on the internet, in books, at conferences, and websites. I think it has been working to get folks to back off the hunt by painting it as unwinnable and a fruitless waste of time because Bigfoot is being promoted as some kind of disappearing act that leaves no bones to find.

We have a creature that leaves evidence, gets seen, and is probably going extinct but more and more it's getting shoved into the ghost realm by those within our midst. In my way of thinking it's a psy-ops campaign that seems to be winning.   

Edited by hiflier

Sasfooty

It's all happening because you can't be near them without knowing that you are in the presence of something more than a dumb "wood ape". Once you know it, you can't unknow it. You can close your eyes, along with your mind, but you can't lie to yourself forever. Eventually, if you have any guts at all, you won't care what the people that swallowed the Blue Pill think. You'll stand up for what you know the truth to be.

Apparently people are starting to realize that they have guts.

• Upvote 2

norseman
10 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Couldn't agree with you more, my friend but is there more to it than just mental laziness like NathanFooter mentioned? If one was a conspiracy person one could make the argument that top researchers are being "turned". Interpret that how you will but the pattern isn't much different than if "someone" had gotten to them. The "mystical" Bigfoot is showing up a LOT now on the internet, in books, at conferences, and websites. I think it has been working to get folks to back off the hunt by painting it as unwinnable and a fruitless waste of time because Bigfoot is being promoted as some kind of disappearing act that leaves no bones to find.

We have a creature that leaves evidence, gets seen, and is probably going extinct but more and more it's getting shoved into the ghost realm by those within our midst. In my way of thinking it's a psy-ops campaign that seems to be winning.   

Or it’s just a fact. The longer we look? The less and less they exist as a species. Look at the Woodland Caribou. They went extinct in the lower 48 this year. Gone. We could be not finding evidence? Because there is no evidence to find anymore.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/jan/18/sole-surviving-member-of-the-south-selkirk-caribou/

5 minutes ago, Sasfooty said:

It's all happening because you can't be near them without knowing that you are in the presence of something more than a dumb "wood ape". Once you know it, you can't unknow it. You can close your eyes, along with your mind, but you can't lie to yourself forever. Eventually, if you have any guts at all, you won't care what the people that swallowed the Blue Pill think. You'll stand up for what you know the truth to be.

Apparently people are starting to realize that they have guts.

What does intelligence have to do with the supernatural?

Albert Einstein still left tracks, scat, garbage, hair, urine and all the rest of the trappings of a biological entity. His IQ played no bearing in it. He was essentially no different than the mouse that lived in his walls. Who also leaves scat, garbage, hair, urine, etc.

bipedalist
Posted (edited)

"It's all happening because you can't be near them without knowing that you are in the presence of something more than a dumb "wood ape". Once you know it, you can't unknow it. You can close your eyes, along with your mind, but you can't lie to yourself forever. Eventually, if you have any guts at all, you won't care what the people that swallowed the Blue Pill think. You'll stand up for what you know the truth to be.

Apparently people are starting to realize that they have guts."

There is an element of truth to this, the rabbit hole does produce results as long as you have long tentacles and can pull yourself back into real standing and not Todd Standing every so often.  So many have gone overboard that it is hard to discern the nuances sort of like the old TV show "To Tell The Truth".   An overused quote and adage from literature always comes to mind re:  There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, / Than are dreamt of in your philosophy [science].

Hard researchers of BF that do not reach this stage of awareness to me tells me what my old English teacher in HS meant when he said, blah blah, ..... "if you have not read blah blah blah, you have not ARRIVED!"   He was a profound influence on me though I was not a prolific reader. 

I do feel that those who follow the "woodape" mantra are doomed to failure.  

I am reminded of the latest NAWAC expediton report where obviously their  tracking burr was followed with the "woodape" barrel assing off a cliff face and running circles around them.  Case in point.  (Good luck NAWAC you will need more than that)

Just to add that was a cool little tool used by NAWAC and is on the commercial market. 

Pardon the quote rather than quote box, wasn't expecting to get beat to the response. 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

indiefoot

Not sure if "paranormal" includes intervention by a "higher power"? I am convinced that the "paranormal" exists, but may differ as to it's nature or source.

hiflier
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Sasfooty said:

You'll stand up for what you know the truth to be.

With all due respect, Sasfooty, A truth is something that can be proved. Supernatural Bigfoot is a speculated form. I will say that with regard to Sasquatch science has begged off on both fronts: Natural and Supernatural. So it comes down to knowing because one BELIEVES. I don't believe. There is enough physical evidence for me to THINK flesh and blood creature. Personally I also THINK that paranormal authors and websites have been pulling Bigfoot into the supernatural just to line their pockets and fatten up their wallets by expanding their subject matter. They might as well toss in the Thylacine as well while they're at it. Maybe someone has a telepathic connection with THAT animal too?

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

norseman
12 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

"It's all happening because you can't be near them without knowing that you are in the presence of something more than a dumb "wood ape". Once you know it, you can't unknow it. You can close your eyes, along with your mind, but you can't lie to yourself forever. Eventually, if you have any guts at all, you won't care what the people that swallowed the Blue Pill think. You'll stand up for what you know the truth to be.

Apparently people are starting to realize that they have guts."

There is an element of truth to this, the rabbit hole does produce results as long as you have long tentacles and can pull yourself back into real standing and not Todd Standing every so often.  So many have gone overboard that it is hard to discern the nuances sort of like the old TV show "To Tell The Truth".   An overused quote and adage from literature always comes to mind re:  There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, / Than are dreamt of in your philosophy [science].

Hard researchers of BF that do not reach this stage of awareness to me tells me what my old English teacher in HS meant when he said, blah blah, ..... "if you have not read blah blah blah, you have not ARRIVED!"   He was a profound influence on me though I was not a prolific reader. 

I do feel that those who follow the "woodape" mantra are doomed to failure.  

I am reminded of the latest NAWAC expediton report where obviously there tracking burr was followed with the "woodape" barrel assing off a cliff face and running circles around them.  Case in point. 

Pardon the quote rather than quote box, wasn't expecting to get beat to the response. 

Well it’s definitely not a two legged chimp. Otherwise we would have 50 of them in a zoo already. Although I also do not believe they are inventing the longer lasting light bulb in a secret underground lair either.

bipedalist

Think underwater riverbank and oceanfront condos, rather muskrat like.

Patterson-Gimlin

First of all. I like this thread. Some interesting replies. 

Paranormal theories seem a bit of a cop

out for failure 

I understand Native Americans and Sherpas spiritual aspects of the subject. 

But genuine researchers should concentrate on flesh and blood study or conclude they don't exist in their opinion 

If they do then Norse is correct the numbers are few and probably are no longer a viable breeding population 

Being rare and elusive is not in their best interest for conservation as their numbers dwindle. 

Need more dedicated researchers like the young man who tries in vain to educate me on the subject 

I may not agree with Nathanfooter, but I admire his passion. 

• Upvote 1

bipedalist

Hey, this old graying BF research group can't go on forever.  More power to people like Nathanfooter.  

I was once a doubter and disbeliever, then researcher, then had trouble figuring out what I was researching after I collected 

enough personal evidence.  I plan on giving it one more push for five years beginning this summer.   I will try to hang with it and 

dispel my operational hypothesis after the first 10 plus years. 

• Upvote 2

Sasfooty
55 minutes ago, norseman said:

What does intelligence have to do with the supernatural?

Albert Einstein still left tracks, scat, garbage, hair, urine and all the rest of the trappings of a biological entity. His IQ played no bearing in it. He was essentially no different than the mouse that lived in his walls. Who also leaves scat, garbage, hair, urine, etc.

Good point, Norse. And I have no idea.

Is this

better? It's all happening because you can't be near them without knowing that you are in the presence of something more than a very intelligent "wood ape".

39 minutes ago, hiflier said:

With all due respect, Sasfooty, A truth is something that can be proved. So it comes down to knowing because one BELIEVES. I don't believe. There is enough physical evidence for me to THINK flesh and blood creature. Personally I also THINK that paranormal authors and websites have been pulling Bigfoot into the supernatural just to line their pockets and fatten up their wallets by expanding their subject matter. They might as well toss in the Thylacine as well while they're at it. Maybe someone has a telepathic connection with THAT animal too?

No, it comes down to knowing when it has been proven to you. Not by "science" but by Bigfoot himself. I don't think science can ever  prove it. Maybe, but BF would have to cooperate  that's not likely to happen.

1 hour ago, bipedalist said:

I love that very insightful quote. Once you arrive, all the wood knocking, scat hunting & speculating is laughable.

Huntster

When I think about sasquatch enthusiasts "crossing to the other side", I think about people who accepted sasquatch existence and who switch into sasquatch denialists. There have been quite a few. Even since Al Gore invented the internet, there have been several Bigfoot Forum participants who ended up at JREF as vicious sasquatch denialists.

• Like 1