hiflier

Bigfoot Researchers Who Have "Gone To The Other Side"

ioyza

I'm not sure if this will interest anyone or not, but there were a few pages of C.G. Jung I was reading yesterday that I found highly relevant to the (original) topic of this thread that I thought I'd share, a little food for thought or discussion:

During my first years at the university I made the discovery that 
while science opened the door to enormous quantities of 
knowledge, it provided genuine insights very sparingly, and these in 
the main were of a specialized nature. I knew from my philosophical 
reading that the existence of the psyche was responsible for this 
situation. Without the psyche there would be neither knowledge nor 
insight. Yet nothing was ever said about the psyche. Everywhere it 
was tacitly taken for granted, and even when someone mentioned 
it-as did C. G. Cams, for example-there was no real knowledge of 
it but only philosophical speculation which might just as easily take 
one turn as another. I could make neither head nor tail of this 
curious observation. 

At the end of my second semester, however, I made another 
discovery, which was to have great consequences. In the library of a 
classmate's father I came upon a small book on spiritualistic 
phenomena, dating from the seventies. It was an account of 
beginnings of spiritualism, and was written by a theologian. My 
initial doubts were quickly dissipated, for I could not help seeing 
that the phenomena described in the book were in principle much 
the same as the stories I had heard again and again in the country 
since my earliest childhood. The material, without a doubt, was 
authentic. But the great question of whether these stories were 
physically true was not answered to my satisfaction. Nevertheless, it 
could be established that at all times and all over the world the 
same stories had been reported again and again. There must be 
some reason for this, and it could not possibly have been the 
predominance of the same religious conceptions everywhere, for 
that was obviously not the case. Rather it must be connected with 
the objective behavior of the human psyche. But with regard to this 
cardinal question-the objective nature of the psyche-l could find 
out absolutely nothing, except what the philosophers said. 

The observations of the spiritualists, weird and questionable as 
they seemed to me, were the first accounts I had seen of objective 
psychic phenomena. Names like Zoellner and Crookes impressed 
themselves on me, and I read virtually the whole of the literature 
available to me at the time. Naturally I also spoke of these matters 
to my comrades, who to my great astonishment reacted with 
derision and disbelief or with anxious defensiveness. I wondered at 
the sureness with which they could assert that things like ghosts and 
table-turning were impossible and therefore fraudulent, and on the 
other hand at the evidently anxious nature of their defensiveness. I, 
too, was not certain of the absolute reliability of the reports, but why, 
after all, should there not be ghosts? How did we know that 
something was "impossible"? And, above all, what did the anxiety 
signify? For myself I found such possibilities extremely interesting 
and attractive. They added another dimension to my life; the world 
gained depth and background. Could, for example, dreams have 
anything to do with ghosts? Kant's Dreams of a Spirit Seer came 
just at the right moment, and soon I also discovered Karl Duprel, 
who had evaluated these ideas philosophically and psychologically. 
I dug up Eschenmayer, Passavant, Justinus Kerner, and Gorres, 
and read seven volumes of Swedenborg. 

My mother ... sympathized wholeheartedly with my enthusiasm, 
but everyone else I knew was distinctly discouraging. Hitherto I had 
encountered only the brick wall of traditional views, but now I came 
up against the steel of people's prejudice and their utter incapacity 
to admit unconventional possibilities. I found this even with my 
closest friends. To them all this was far worse than my 
preoccupation with theology. I had the feeling that I had pushed to 
the brink of the world; what was of burning interest to me was null 
and void for others, I and even a cause for dread. 

Dread of what? I could find no explanation for this. After all, there 
was nothing preposterous or world-shaking in the idea that there 
might be events which overstepped the limited categories of space, 
time, and causality. Animals were known to sense beforehand 
storms and earthquakes. There were dreams which foresaw the 
death of certain persons, clocks which stopped at the moment of 
death, glasses which shattered at the critical moment. All these 
things had been taken for granted in the world of my childhood. And 
now I was apparently the only person who had ever heard of them. 
In all earnestness I asked myself what kind of world I had stumbled 
into. Plainly the urban world knew nothing about the country world, 
the real world of mountains, woods, and rivers, of animals and 
"God's thoughts" (plants and crystals). I found this explanation 
comforting. At all events, it bolstered my self-esteem, for I realized 
that for all its wealth of learning the urban world was mentally rather 
limited. This insight proved dangerous, because it tricked me into 
fits of superiority, misplaced criticism, and aggressiveness, which 
got me deservedly disliked. This eventually brought back all the old 
doubts, inferiority feelings, and depressions-a vicious circle I was 
resolved to break at all costs. No longer would I stand outside the 
world, enjoying the dubious reputation of a freak.

Among my friends and acquaintances I knew of only 
two who openly declared themselves adherents of Nietzsche. ... The rest of my friends 
were not so much dumfounded by the phenomenon of Zarathustra 
as simply immune to its appeal. 

Just as Faust had opened a door for me, Zarathustra slammed one 
shut, and it remained shut for a long time to come. I felt like the old 
peasant who discovered that two of his cows had evidently been 
bewitched and had got their heads in the same halter. "How did that 
happen?" asked his small son. "Boy, one doesn't talk about such 
things," replied his father. 

I realized that one gets nowhere unless one talks to people about 
the things they know. The naive person does not appreciate what 
an insult it is to talk to one's fellows about anything that is unknown 
to them. They pardon such ruthless behavior only in a writer, 
journalist, or poet. I came to see that a new idea, or even just an 
unusual aspect of an old one, can be communicated only by facts. 
Facts remain and cannot be brushed aside; sooner or later 
someone will come upon them and know what he has found. I 
realized that I talked only for want of something better, that I ought to 
be offering facts, and these I lacked entirely. I had nothing concrete 
in my hands. More than ever I found myself driven toward 
empiricism. I began to blame the philosophers for rattling away 
when experience was lacking, and holding their tongues when they 
ought to have been answering with facts. In this respect they all 
seemed like watered-down theologians. I felt that at some time or 
other I had passed through the valley of diamonds, but I could 
convince no one-not even myself, when I looked at them more 
closely-that the specimens I had brought back were not mere 
pieces of gravel.
  • Upvote 2

Redbone
SSR Team
7 hours ago, hiflier said:

Curious to know what the approximate temperature was that night. Reason? The lighter toned rock next to the darker one. You indicated the lighter one was one that your group tried to warm up to match the darker (warmer) one. Then later you tried warming the darker one back up to it's dark color. That is actually a very good test as long as the ambient air temp is about the same? You said you couldn't bring the dark rock back up to the relative temperature as shown in the image. So where am I going with this?

I'm thinking would a Sasquatch hand BE warmer than a Humans? Or simply big enough to completely surround the rock? Or even if the darker/warmer rock may have been carried within one's armpit where a body's temperature might be the warmest? It would certainly make the rock as warm as it could probably be and the heat signature last the longest. I guess the last question would be along the lines of rock size. If the rock was relatively that much warmer, and it need not be a lot to show a difference, Then does that say anything about hand size? Or how long the rock was held (probably?). How it was held/transported?

Would being a thickly haired creature hypothetically have warmer extremities? Even through it's assumed calluses? And yes, I am being a pain in the neck! :) 

Think I will run some tests along the lines of my questions. Could yield some valuable information.

we ran a test the next night. The lady who kept one in her armpit got the rock to the same temp as what was thrown. I was unwilling to try that myself.

Ambient air was about 65 F, one rock was 86 F and the other 90 +. (rocks were on different nights and possible different temp outside, but not much different. Weather was pleasant both nights)

I could come up with nothing to explain it, except perhaps warmer hands than ours. I did speculate that they were carried for awhile and not just picked up right before being thrown. I'm still hesitant to speculate on "What" threw them, but I can offer several ideas why no human was could have gotten away with hoaxing us.

1 - audio recorders were hidden and going full time at the location. Nobody came before or after that could be heard.

2 - we accounted for every person on our team, not for every single incident but to the point no 1 person could have been responsible.

3 - we lit up the area with high powered flashlights, watched with thermals cameras, and had IR night vision. All showed nothing, so rock thrower was most likely fast, quiet, and extremely elusive in near total darkness. A clumsy human could not match that feat, although it may be worth an experiment to prove that. Have one person out in the dark trying to sneak up, toss a rock, and remain unseen and unheard. I'll know I couldn't do it.

hiflier
2 hours ago, Redbone said:

we ran a test the next night. The lady who kept one in her armpit got the rock to the same temp as what was thrown. I was unwilling to try that myself.

Ambient air was about 65 F, one rock was 86 F and the other 90 +. (rocks were on different nights and possible different temp outside, but not much different. Weather was pleasant both nights)

I could come up with nothing to explain it, except perhaps warmer hands than ours. I did speculate that they were carried for awhile and not just picked up right before being thrown

Thank you for addressing the important aspects. In my case I was speculating. In your case you documented things and ran tests. The armpit vs. hands is very interesting and opens up different possibilities. Picking up a rock, holding onto to it long enough either in an armpit or a hand implies intent with unusual methodology that would take time. Time enough to heat a rock to 86 degrees anyway. That takes waiting. The wait could be longer where a hand is concerned and probably less if the rock was held closer to, or by, a warm part of the body. Thank you Redbone. It's good to know your experiments and testing were on the very page I was getting at.

Sometimes it takes time to get to a point where the questions happen. This was one of those times for me. For you and your team, well, you are way ahead of my thinking. Good to read that you were :) 

Arvedis
23 hours ago, ioyza said:

I'm not sure if this will interest anyone or not, but there were a few pages of C.G. Jung I was reading yesterday that I found highly relevant to the (original) topic of this thread that I thought I'd share, a little food for thought or discussion.

Can anyone imagine how fascinating it would be to have Jung involved in Bigfoot research? That would be the ultimate reality show. He could have different guests as he explores hot spots.

Dr. J: "did you hear that? That was a Bigfoot for sure"

Jung; " no my boy, that was a spotted owl. Tell me about your mother.... What was your relationship like?"

Mike Paterson: "Did you hear that? That sounded like Nephatia'

Jung: "no my boy, that was that fellow over there hanging outside a window. Tell me, have you ever consumed psychedelic mushrooms?"

The possibilities are endless for guest appearances.

• Haha 2

Madison5716

Thanks for the link, norseman, i wilm check it out! 

The Truth
On 6/27/2019 at 2:26 PM, Arvedis said:

Can anyone imagine how fascinating it would be to have Jung involved in Bigfoot research? That would be the ultimate reality show. He could have different guests as he explores hot spots.

Dr. J: "did you hear that? That was a Bigfoot for sure"

Jung; " no my boy, that was a spotted owl. Tell me about your mother.... What was your relationship like?"

Mike Paterson: "Did you hear that? That sounded like Nephatia'

Jung: "no my boy, that was that fellow over there hanging outside a window. Tell me, have you ever consumed psychedelic mushrooms?"

The possibilities are endless for guest appearances.

Now that's funny especially "that was that fellow over there hanging outside a window." Someone told me that they found an old forum post where one of Paterson's friends said that they used to be "tweakers" back in the day. Isn't that code for doing meth? That would explain all the hallucinations he's having. "Bigfoot held my hand as I lay sleeping." Really? Bigfoot's gay now?

wiiawiwb
On 6/26/2019 at 7:24 PM, Redbone said:

I could come up with nothing to explain it, except perhaps warmer hands than ours. I did speculate that they were carried for awhile and not just picked up right before being thrown. I'm still hesitant to speculate on "What" threw them, but I can offer several ideas why no human was could have gotten away with hoaxing us.

1 - audio recorders were hidden and going full time at the location. Nobody came before or after that could be heard.

2 - we accounted for every person on our team, not for every single incident but to the point no 1 person could have been responsible.

3 - we lit up the area with high powered flashlights, watched with thermals cameras, and had IR night vision. All showed nothing, so rock thrower was most likely fast, quiet, and extremely elusive in near total darkness. A clumsy human could not match that feat, although it may be worth an experiment to prove that. Have one person out in the dark trying to sneak up, toss a rock, and remain unseen and unheard. I'll know I couldn't do it.

You were very thorough. Kudos. 

I can't speak for other parts of the country where others go sasquatching but where I go the forest is thick with lots of obstructions like deadfall. Due to the treetop canopy, and thickness of vegetation within, the forest is eternally dark. 

At night, absent some contribution by the moon, you can't see your fingertips if you hold your arm out straight.  The benefit of that is it's not possible to move throughout the forest at night without headlamps, flashlights, or both.  If someone is hoaxing, and has to make their getaway, they will be seen or heard; most likely both.  Moreover, the deadfall and branches provide a significant obstacle course during the day much less at night. Even with benefit of artificial light, everything appears black, white, and shades of grey which makes depth perception a bit tenuous or so I've found.

If you saw no light and recorded no sound, then it's very likely that no human was out there where they shouldn't be or hoaxing you.

wiiawiwb
On 6/23/2019 at 9:24 PM, Madison5716 said:

I've also heard wood knocks, and I think they make them with their hands and with wood when they need the sound to carry. Who knows? I know NorthWind had stone clacking and then found two stones high up on a lot shortly thereafter, which is amazing!

One other method I've heard of (but never tried) is throwing a large rock against a tree> I've heard it sounds exactly like one generated by wood-to-wood. It would be consistent with stories of sasquatches throwing rocks in the woods near humans. 

I'll have to give it a whirl, so to speak, and find out how it sounds.

ioyza
56 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

One other method I've heard of (but never tried) is throwing a large rock against a tree> I've heard it sounds exactly like one generated by wood-to-wood. It would be consistent with stories of sasquatches throwing rocks in the woods near humans. 

We had a large rock thrown against a tree in response to a woop I did once, my girlfriend actually saw the rock bounce off. It did not sound like a knock, it sounded like a rock hitting a tree, for what it's worth.

norseman
5 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

The scary part is that even a large primate must be pretty close to the tree that it is targeting...

And the sound doesn’t travel far in heavily wooded areas.

Which means your close.

NatFoot
Posted (edited)

New Missing 411 movie has a "wooo" aspect to it. If the guy he interviews is telling the truth...there's something Woo about it.

Unless Missing 411 is just all about aliens and not BF at all.

Edit...holy shit. Very woo. Predator cloaking....lights in the sky, etc.

Shouldn't have posted until it was completely done.

Edited by NatFoot

wiiawiwb

I found it to be a VERY interesting movie.  I've followed one of the cases very closely and there was some key information presented in this "The Hunted" movie I did not know.

NatFoot
3 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

I found it to be a VERY interesting movie.  I've followed one of the cases very closely and there was some key information presented in this "The Hunted" movie I did not know.

Which one?

wiiawiwb
Posted (edited)

The first case presented in the movie which was the last case presented in his book Missing 411: Hunters.

I also found the Sierra Camp to be a fascinating and riveting story.

Edited by wiiawiwb

NatFoot
8 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

Also...I mean, you've had encounters. Did anything you experience lean towards "woo"?

4 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

The first case presented in the movie which was the last case presented in his book Missing 411: Hunters.

I also found the Sierra Camp to be a fascinating and riveting story.

The first case was not as interesting to me as the Crazy Mountains. Except one was complete disappearance and the other....wtf was going through that guy's head? Two very different types of cases.