hiflier

Bigfoot Researchers Who Have "Gone To The Other Side"

Twist
25 minutes ago, norseman said:

Yes and yes. Supposedly the dogs will either not track or cower and go back into the box.

I do know this as fact. Generally speaking you train a hound dog to follow specific tracks. For example. When I had hound dogs I trained them to run Bear and Cougar. If they ran trash (deer, elk moose, etc) the dog was punished. It’s illegal in the US to run those animals, but in Norway they do.

A search and rescue dog is trained to track humans. Your not going Bear hunting with it, it’s specifically trained just as I trained my hunting dogs.

If you do not do this it will jump tracks to the freshest track and undesired species. For example, your following a day old Bear track and a 2 hour old Deer track intersects it. The dog if not properly trained will start following the Deer track. And Deer obviously do not tree so the chase goes on and on and on until either the dog gives up, or they bay up the deer in a brush patch or the hunter wises up and finds a Deer track and no Bear track indicating he is no longer chasing what he thought he was.

You train puppies by scent. What does a Bigfoot smell like? That’s the problem.

http://cronksmaine.com/Dog Breaking %26 Training Scents.htm

Thanks for the info Norse,  I’ve heard that before now that you mention it but it never stuck obviously.   Never really been around hunting dogs.   Makes perfect sense.   Learn or re-learn something new everyday!  

• Thanks 1

norseman
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Twist said:

Thanks for the info Norse,  I’ve heard that before now that you mention it but it never stuck obviously.   Never really been around hunting dogs.   Makes perfect sense.   Learn or re-learn something new everyday!  

They basically outlawed hound hunting in my state. I’ve found that calling works awesome for Bears. But Cougars are still a tough go. Nothing works as good as hounds on cougar.

As far as evidence of Bigfoot kidnapping people? The Dennis Martin case in which the Key family reported a “upright walking bear with something screaming over its shoulder”? Seems rather odd. It could be a mountain man with a Bear skin coat. But it was 5 miles away and if I remember correctly within an hour of the boys disappearance. Seems like a tall order for a man carrying a kid. We also have Indian reports and other reports of kidnapping. We also have 411 reports of missing children being recovered because a Bear kidnapped them and took care of them.

I have no idea. But it’s definitely something I keep in the back of my head.

Edited by norseman
  • Upvote 1

wiiawiwb

I had three buddies over tonight to watch the Missing 411: Hunted DVD.  Two of the three go sasquatching with me.  When we got to the Sierra Camp section of the movie, they were floored.

The night-time audio was recorded back in the early 1970s and was next to their camp but out of sight. It was sounds we'd all be familiar with having listening to them here on BFF. The sound was produced by more than one sasquatch and was absolutely riveting. Apparently they heard it a number of times over a number of years at that camp in the Sierras.

We replayed the sounds, screams, whoops, and language grunts and mumbles again so it was the fourth time I had heard it. Mind you, my sound system has 11 speakers so we were surrounded by clear whoops, clear language mumbles and shouts. I looked over at the three and they're mouths were agape and were stunned at what they were hearing.

Very compelling audio. The movie is worth the cost of admission if for no other reason than the Sierra Camp sounds and stories about it. Great stuff.

• Thanks 1

Arvedis
On 6/5/2019 at 2:19 PM, NathanFooter said:

You missed the ball, science is a method/practice.  Science as concept is not assigned a topic and or bias, it can be abused and twisted but this is why we break down a topic from all of the angles as far as we can. The paranormal angle goes nowhere and does not follow any road of measurable data except for one, the faults in human psychology. 

I have examined all sides of the coin ( even the edges ).   I did at one time give an open door to the paranormal/weird bigfoot stuff in the first couple years but in 3 years of sasquatch activity I guess I was not special enough to encounter it, just all the lame average rock throwing, prints and vocal stuff. :no:   It was always a one way conversation.

I have interviewed more than a few dozen people and I have examined the information, locations and people involved across the spectrum, in all the cases it has always boiled down to the points I stated at the beginning of this thread. 

You must not have studied my history very closely - your wasting your time with me, I promise.

It is kind of funny and scary at the same time what a small pond Bigfootery is. The longer I am on here the more I think i recognize people from other places (no worries NathanFooter, your secret is safe with me or maybe I think you are a different Nathan bigfooter).

Your point on the 1 way conversation is the magic key that is overlooked by scientific investigation of the paranormal.  You don't get it by testing. It has to come to you and if you aren't open to it in a way that agrees with the BF (most people understandably are not open to it) then you won't experience it. It's a good ledge to stay off of. If you look at the track record of people who step over that line, it doesn't end well. No offense to the many paranormal folks on this forum.  It changes you in ways you cannot predict.  I'll take a rock throwing experience over mindspeak any day.

• Upvote 2

Incorrigible1

What's new, Pussycat? Woo, woo, woo, ooo!

NathanFooter
On 8/5/2019 at 10:49 PM, Arvedis said:

It is kind of funny and scary at the same time what a small pond Bigfootery is. The longer I am on here the more I think i recognize people from other places (no worries NathanFooter, your secret is safe with me or maybe I think you are a different Nathan bigfooter).

Your point on the 1 way conversation is the magic key that is overlooked by scientific investigation of the paranormal.  You don't get it by testing. It has to come to you and if you aren't open to it in a way that agrees with the BF (most people understandably are not open to it) then you won't experience it. It's a good ledge to stay off of. If you look at the track record of people who step over that line, it doesn't end well. No offense to the many paranormal folks on this forum.  It changes you in ways you cannot predict.  I'll take a rock throwing experience over mindspeak any day.

I hate to say it but I do not have any secrets for you to keep ( well, perhaps my research areas are secret <_< ), my name and background has always been public as I have no reason to hide what I do from anyone. Some members here have met me in person and walked the forest with me a time or two. B)

I will say that before I got all test tube/audio recorder nuts I leaned full on into the paranormal and reached out over my projected mind waves to make contact and all I received was silence, I continued to get your generic yells, knocks, rock rain and the occasional print.  This went on for a while and then the logging began, everything fell quiet and the deer population spiked back up. 

• Upvote 1

NathanFooter
15 hours ago, MIB said:

If anything, I started out more toward the woo .. more open to it, anyway .. than I am today.    The first group of bigfooters I fell in with leaned heavily that way.   After a number of years, I started a) noticing there was no evidence presented to the group and b) those leaning most woo-ward seemed to be showing signs of mental illness in other ways.    There were 2-3 exceptions.    I noticed a couple people did not engage in the "look at me" attention-seeking pattern.   They told their same story, a story that didn't shift to draw more attention away from those competing for attention.    I believe SOMETHING happened to those 2-3 people that isn't readily explained.    I believe the rest of the bunch are full of crap.  

The important thing .. though inconvenient, it is not the frauds and liars that matter, it is the 1-2 people who may be accurately recounting the truth.    The challenge is separating the two.   But if 1-2 people are telling the truth, then there is a truth to tell.   Just like bigfoot in general.   No matter if 99 out of 100 were hoaxing, if that 1 person is telling the truth, then it is indeed truth and the hoaxes are just a distraction.  

It is very important for a serious investigator not to throw out the baby with the bathwater.    That's more damaging .. to the topic if not to the investigator .. than accepting one hoax as real.

MIB

I think that is a fair shake for a passive musing of reports but at the same time there needs to be good evidence to actively pursue an angle into the rabbit hole as it is clear that going into this area ends with most getting very lost. The 1 or 2 folks you speak of need to have something more than their word or testimony, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Nothing of interest or measure has come from paranormal angle on sasquatch, as a matter of fact, the declared ignorant or flesh-N-blood guys have more tangible evidence then the " enlightened " individuals and that is a massive fault that is just a little to wide to cross to search into other realms or dimensions. 

I also disagree about your damage comment, I think it is far more damaging ( both in science and reputation ) to chase paranormal angles without out evidence. Scientific inquiry begins when you have a question and that question is posed by some effect or echo that appears to be outside of prior knowledge or common reasoning. We have several angles that are far more likely in both explaining the Sasquatch topic as a whole and suggestive indicators within our current understanding of human psychology to explain the 1 or 2 people you mention. 

That all being said, put everything in the mental filing cabinet as it will give you insight if not on sasquatch then it could very well give you a window into the human mind. 

Arvedis
51 minutes ago, NathanFooter said:

I think that is a fair shake for a passive musing of reports but at the same time there needs to be good evidence to actively pursue an angle into the rabbit hole as it is clear that going into this area ends with most getting very lost. The 1 or 2 folks you speak of need to have something more than their word or testimony, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Nothing of interest or measure has come from paranormal angle on sasquatch, as a matter of fact, the declared ignorant or flesh-N-blood guys have more tangible evidence then the " enlightened " individuals and that is a massive fault that is just a little to wide to cross to search into other realms or dimensions. 

I also disagree about your damage comment, I think it is far more damaging ( both in science and reputation ) to chase paranormal angles without out evidence. Scientific inquiry begins when you have a question and that question is posed by some effect or echo that appears to be outside of prior knowledge or common reasoning. We have several angles that are far more likely in both explaining the Sasquatch topic as a whole and suggestive indicators within our current understanding of human psychology to explain the 1 or 2 people you mention. 

That all being said, put everything in the mental filing cabinet as it will give you insight if not on sasquatch then it could very well give you a window into the human mind. 

What would be the method to test and validate telepathy, even without BF involved? Are we going down the rabbit hole with mk ultra, etc?

Plenty of militaries have had remote viewing programs. That is verifiable and they train people who don't even believe in anything paranormal. To them, it's just another mental tactic to separate your consciousness and have it float around to wherever they target it to. 

What have shamans dome throughout history? Talk to plants? Or are they doing something we can't test? t's just a form of socio-religious communication with something only they can perceive.

What would be the giant leap to one mammal communicating with another mammal telepathically? You can't prove what's in someone's head. You can draw it out, write it out, put it on a cave wall, same thing, different ways of communicating the experience.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 1

NathanFooter
4 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

What would be the method to test and validate telepathy, even without BF involved? Are we going down the rabbit hole with mk ultra, etc? Plenty of militaries have had remote viewing programs. That is verifiable and they train people who don't even believe in anything paranormal. To them, it's just another mental tactic to separate your consciousness and have it float around to wherever they target it to. 

What have shamans dome throughout history? Talk to plants? Or are they doing something we can't test? t's just a form of socio-religious communication with something only they can see.

What would be the giant leap to one mammal communicating with another mammal telepathically? You can't prove what's in someone's head. You can draw it out, write it out, put it on a cave wall, same thing, different ways of communicating the experience.

It is an old recipe, figure out all the known factors to isolate and study the unknown.

All of the things you just listed are on the very edge of our ability to measure ( at least right now ) and have not yet panned out well enough to be repeatable under casual experimentation.  We are just now able to rig up sensors strapped over the skull to detect different kinds brain activity to create images/representations and until we can effectively observe that information and decipher it clearly ( let alone detect it being transmitted across space from one mind to the other ) we can't chase that angle with any real direction, it would be like blind-folding Tiger Woods and asking him to play his hole average and be walking off the course by 3 pm. The odds are beyond low and so far the people betting have lost ( some more than others ).

How big of a leap is it ?   You need tell me under the scientific method, the burden is on you as we still have not figured it out on human side as you suggest as verifiable above. You are are in conflict with your own proposition, you argue that these abilities exist but that they are not measurable. All things we currently encounter that have causation and effect can be measured. We need some tangible examples or readings to investigate these kinds of things and we have not hit that peak in understanding. All we can go on right now is the incredibly vague interpretation of someone else experience, we know that the human mind makes mountains out of mole hills and can even turn a stump into a sasquatch ( this does not even touch areas such as deception or mental conditions ).

The argument here is not that it is NOT possible but rather that it is neither likely nor warranted at his stage in the investigation and that the cart goes nowhere if it is in front of the horse. 

It is in unquestionable that Sasquatches make mistakes ( this alone adds conflicting data to the paranormal argument ), let's focus on capitalizing on that to establish them as extant before we start assigning them other abilities or talents that we can't effectively demonstrate. We can finish and bake it later if required.

• Upvote 1

SWWASAS

First of all real scientists have been experimenting with thought sharing and projection and certain individuals are able to visualize simple shapes being viewed by one person in a controlled environment remotely by other people at frequencies higher than random occurrence.     Some people are better than others.     So there is something there that is not understood but still demonstrable by experiment.    The Russians and even the US militaries were interested in remote viewing for intelligence gathering.      The feature movie "Men Who Stare at Goats" is based on a real US Army organization that existed for a number of years.    But visualizing symbols and mind speak are light years apart from each other in difficulty.    While those that claim special abilities should always be taken with a grain of salt,  I am willing to listen but they should also be able to provide some sort of proof.   Too often asking for any sort of validation ticks them off and they refuse to deal with you.    It very well may be that those who do have ESP gifts are unstable mentally.    If you look at musical or art genius, insanity often goes had in hand with genius.    Same thing could apply to those that claim mind reading.    

Thom Powell mentions in one of his books that he conducted some simple experiments with BF mind reading.     I do not remember the details but it seems like they would ask mentially for BF to place items on a specific stump and several times they were rewarded with some object.     The one case I remember was that Thom asked for a bone, assuming that BF would understand he wanted a BF bone,   but a bone from a common animal was placed on the stump.    The experiment worked sometimes and sometimes not.    Gifting is the same sort of experiment if you can get a BF to play the game.     Can you imagine what you could do if somehow you got through to BF that if they leave gold nuggets on a stump you would leave them jars of peanut butter.      They have lived in these woods for thousands of years and probably know where every gold deposit is.   

ShadowBorn
2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Can you imagine what you could do if somehow you got through to BF that if they leave gold nuggets on a stump you would leave them jars of peanut butter.      They have lived in these woods for thousands of years and probably know where every gold deposit is.   

SWW

I would be one heck of a rich man right now .I will tell that. peanut butter is cheap. I really do not think that they are into the material stuff, like Gild and Silver.

Some times it is best to stay out of the paranormal side of these creatures. The time to search into it is when it happens to you on a personal level  and you have no way to explain it. I would have never came out with it until it started to bother me. You do not want to feel alone that there is some thing happening that just cannot be explained in a natural way. So you bring the subject up to see how frequent this is happening.  Yet we know that most people who are in this field do not really want to speak about it. This is ok . Leave it to the basic and leave the paranormal out until it effects you .

SWWASAS

I found something to do when I am looking for BF.   There is a lost gold deposit in Washington State.  It is believed to have been the richest discovery in the State.     Two men knew where it was and the NA killed both of them.    Not a myth because in the late 1800s the two men, a father and a son,   deposited over a million dollars (1890 dollars) in hi purity gold nuggets in a bank.   Neither lived to spend it.   The NA for years were buying stuff with gold nuggets.    I have been pouring over geology maps looking for likely rock formations.    I knew all that geology I took in college would come into use someday.     Gotta work on my Walter Brennan gold finding dance.  

Edited by SWWASAS

wiiawiwb

Walter Brennan...haha. A sure sign of our age. I remember him well especially the Guns of Will Sonnett...."Fastest draw in the West...no brag, just fact!".