hiflier

Bigfoot Researchers Who Have "Gone To The Other Side"

Doug

I came to this site specifically because I experienced what I can only describe as mind speak twice and one of those times my hunting buddy saw one, so I was curious and found this site and spent some time in the paranormal area. After some time pursuing the woo aspect, I found that I want to distance myself from it. Too freaky and too many unknowns. I hope I never experience anything like it again. I don't even want to know anything about it beyond what I have learned.

• Upvote 1

Arvedis
11 minutes ago, Doug said:

I came to this site specifically because I experienced what I can only describe as mind speak twice and one of those times my hunting buddy saw one, so I was curious and found this site and spent some time in the paranormal area. After some time pursuing the woo aspect, I found that I want to distance myself from it. Too freaky and too many unknowns. I hope I never experience anything like it again. I don't even want to know anything about it beyond what I have learned.

No judgments here. If you are willing to share, I am certain the researchers here are curious what it said to you. It's not easy to understand this aspect to the species. Some people distance themselves from it but no matter what, it keeps coming up because it is legit.  We may as well confront it and try to figure it out.

5 hours ago, NathanFooter said:

It is an old recipe, figure out all the known factors to isolate and study the unknown.

All of the things you just listed are on the very edge of our ability to measure ( at least right now ) and have not yet panned out well enough to be repeatable under casual experimentation.  We are just now able to rig up sensors strapped over the skull to detect different kinds brain activity to create images/representations and until we can effectively observe that information and decipher it clearly ( let alone detect it being transmitted across space from one mind to the other ) we can't chase that angle with any real direction, it would be like blind-folding Tiger Woods and asking him to play his hole average and be walking off the course by 3 pm. The odds are beyond low and so far the people betting have lost ( some more than others ).

How big of a leap is it ?   You need tell me under the scientific method, the burden is on you as we still have not figured it out on human side as you suggest as verifiable above. You are are in conflict with your own proposition, you argue that these abilities exist but that they are not measurable. All things we currently encounter that have causation and effect can be measured. We need some tangible examples or readings to investigate these kinds of things and we have not hit that peak in understanding. All we can go on right now is the incredibly vague interpretation of someone else experience, we know that the human mind makes mountains out of mole hills and can even turn a stump into a sasquatch ( this does not even touch areas such as deception or mental conditions ).

The argument here is not that it is NOT possible but rather that it is neither likely nor warranted at his stage in the investigation and that the cart goes nowhere if it is in front of the horse. 

It is in unquestionable that Sasquatches make mistakes ( this alone adds conflicting data to the paranormal argument ), let's focus on capitalizing on that to establish them as extant before we start assigning them other abilities or talents that we can't effectively demonstrate. We can finish and bake it later if required.

I was not as thorough as I could have been.  I stop myself from rambling sometimes and this topic can go on forever. Point: when it comes to the brain, telepathy cannot be accurately monitored any more than sleep patterns.  If you want answers then you have to learn how to use your brain in the same way telepaths do.  Some people take whatever drugs to induce such a state.  Some people learn how to meditate. There are many avenues to try but for the sober BF researcher trying to explore metaphysical themes with no metaphysical context, all you will get is your own ignorance staring back at you. All you will see on your health app monitor will be normal bio electric activity.  Understanding our own human consciousness is up to each individual to figure out. To science it is guesswork on its best day no matter what fancy helmet they have test subjects wearing. But of course, they still want to build artificial brains.  Science doesn't care about telepathy. They care about faster processing speeds for decision making.  This will get scary soon when AI confronts this very topic. A brain with no consciousness. Wow is all I can say.

That hasn't stopped research into how to control the brain.  MK Ultra is a good example and there is a lot more on this topic going on to the present day. Remote viewing is just what has been revealed on the public record (perhaps as deliberate disinformation) but there is a lot more.  Check it out and see you at yoga class. 

5 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Thom Powell mentions in one of his books that he conducted some simple experiments with BF mind reading.     I do not remember the details but it seems like they would ask mentally for BF to place items on a specific stump and several times they were rewarded with some object.     The one case I remember was that Thom asked for a bone, assuming that BF would understand he wanted a BF bone,   but a bone from a common animal was placed on the stump.    The experiment worked sometimes and sometimes not.    Gifting is the same sort of experiment if you can get a BF to play the game.     Can you imagine what you could do if somehow you got through to BF that if they leave gold nuggets on a stump you would leave them jars of peanut butter.      They have lived in these woods for thousands of years and probably know where every gold deposit is.   

Is that in one of his novels?  I know he likes to blend truths into his fiction books. I would not doubt it if that was an actual experience of his.

• Upvote 1

JKH

No, that was factual, an early investigation he worked on. He described how they messed with him and the property owners in "The Locals", IIRC, great book. Thom Powell and Rich Germeau, mentioned earlier in the thread, are two people who I'd trust on this subject. I'm sure there are others that don't come to mind at the moment.

Doug, I agree it's freaky, but would be interesting, if you don't mind sharing.

SWWASAS

Part of my problem with Thom Powell is that I have heard him speak several times and talked to him personally.     I know for sure that he has at times conducted experiments with various issues.    One habituation situation in Washington state he was involved with was interesting.     The people had an outside refrigerator that the resident BF would raid.    That seemed to be an opportunity to get pictures so they would set up cameras to monitor the refrigerator.   When the cameras were there the BF did not get in the refrigerator.   As soon as the camera was moved elsewhere,    the raiding resumed.     Pretty obvious BF know what cameras are or certainly know to avoid them.  

Those that are in an active gifting situation should try to learn something from it.  Design experiments, take or hand prints,  do something to learn from the event in which you are interacting with a BF.   Just getting a BF to step on a pressure pad covered with fur needles could result in getting the weight of a BF.    No one has done that yet.   We just guess what they weigh.  

Edited by SWWASAS

Arvedis
1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

Part of my problem with Thom Powell is that I have heard him speak several times and talked to him personally.     I know for sure that he has at times conducted experiments with various issues.    One habituation situation in Washington state he was involved with was interesting.     The people had an outside refrigerator that the resident BF would raid.    That seemed to be an opportunity to get pictures so they would set up cameras to monitor the refrigerator.   When the cameras were there the BF did not get in the refrigerator.   As soon as the camera was moved elsewhere,    the raiding resumed.     Pretty obvious BF know what cameras are or certainly know to avoid them.  

Those that are in an active gifting situation should try to learn something from it.  Design experiments, take or hand prints,  do something to learn from the event in which you are interacting with a BF.   Just getting a BF to step on a pressure pad covered with fur needles could result in getting the weight of a BF.    No one has done that yet.   We just guess what they weigh.  

Sounds like good experiments by Thom. The outdoor fridge is a common theme as it will be of interest to BF. It is also used in his book The Locals based on events at Honobia with the verified shootings.

As for weight guesstimates, I recall there being an approximate math to it based on the depth of footprints.

SWWASAS
24 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

Sounds like good experiments by Thom. The outdoor fridge is a common theme as it will be of interest to BF. It is also used in his book The Locals based on events at Honobia with the verified shootings.

As for weight guesstimates, I recall there being an approximate math to it based on the depth of footprints.

Thom mentioned in one of his lectures that all of his books, even the fictional ones are based on real events.   Most of them happened to him but others were related to him by other persons.     I was interested in particular in the woo aspect.    Especially the night dream visitation after the fictional book characters discovered the stone pile grave.   Since I had found one too.      So at first opportunity I approached him alone, and asked him about that and the grave discovery in particular.   We are not what you would call friends but he knows me from various conferences and one on one conversations over the years.     He admitted that the grave situation recounted in the fictional book,  had happened to him and a friend.    Both he and a co-discoverer had bad dreams that night.   They, as in the book, returned it to the condition that they found it and have not messed with it since.  

Approximations of weight are just that and based on a lot of assumptions.  The accuracy probably varies up to 30% from the actual values.       

JKH
2 hours ago, Arvedis said:

No, "The Locals" is non-fiction. He wrote others, some of which material is fictional. The outdoor fridge was not based on anything, but part of the investigation I mentioned before, at a rural location in WA state.

Yes, the hairy guys are opportunists and will take food whenever they can.

Arvedis
34 minutes ago, JKH said:

No, "The Locals" is non-fiction. He wrote others, some of which material is fictional. The outdoor fridge was not based on anything, but part of the investigation I mentioned before, at a rural location in WA state.

Yes, the hairy guys are opportunists and will take food whenever they can.

I don't doubt his personal experiences. I've heard him refer to the locals as fiction even though it's legit research. He has said in interviews that is intentional so people take it how they want to. If a book is non fiction then the author can be scrutinized and called out for not providing proof. The book is also categorized as metaphysical fiction.

Lots of blurry boundaries in bigfootery. 

SWWASAS

Arvedis you criticised him for not furnishing "proof" in what he says in his book.  How in the world can any BF witness provide "proof" unless he bags and tags the creature he witnesses?    Even with that someone could claim that BF never do what he claimed it did in the book.  I am a little puzzled about what you expect to be delivered by any author.   

MIB

"Shady Neighbors" is fiction, but fiction based on reports he investigated or events he experienced, woven together as the experiences of one fictional person.     "The Locals" is non-fiction, it is straight from the reports / observations.  "Edges of Science" .. I would characterize as speculative science, in other words, a half step beyond the known boundaries.   Not necessarily right, not necessarily wrong, certainly not proven, but absolutely not intended to deceive. 

All are interesting books, good "reads."  

The events regarding the freezer are from a bigfoot report / site that he investigated personally and related in "The Locals."   No intent toward fiction.  

MIB

• Upvote 1

Arvedis
2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Arvedis you criticised him for not furnishing "proof" in what he says in his book.  How in the world can any BF witness provide "proof" unless he bags and tags the creature he witnesses?    Even with that someone could claim that BF never do what he claimed it did in the book.  I am a little puzzled about what you expect to be delivered by any author.   

It's not criticism. When you publish a book you specify what the category is. That is how sellers and libraries know what to do with it. The locals is categorized as metaphysical fiction. If you search for it in Amazon you can see the algorithm will put other fiction in the feed as possible buys. He did that on purpose so it was not presumed he had all the answers. 

Wolfjewel
23 hours ago, Doug said:

Doug, I understand. My situation is much milder: when I was involved with a UFO group I had a chance to interview a woman who had two experiences with blinding lights and missing time. She felt that she might have been examined by aliens, and was “uncomfortable around her navel.” I talked with her on the phone, but when I realized the only way to get a full story f her experience would be to travel to her state (VT) and interview her at length, I stopped. As you say, too freaky and too many unknowns. I’ve read about experiencers who were pursued multiple times by the beings they first saw. I feel like mindspeak — whatever it is — is similar in that an entity is pushing it’s thoughts into your mind without your asking for it. For me, I want to pursue my curiosity on my own terms. But I respect those who are willing to jump in to study the unknown anywhere it takes them!

Arvedis
On 6/4/2019 at 5:29 PM, hiflier said:

....others seem to be recent proponents for a paranormal Bigfoot. David Paulides? Is he one now also?

Finally had a chance to finish listening to the latest coast to coast with Paulides.  Someone on here suggested that he provided his theories for once but that turned out to not be the case.  He is the same old story with being the champion investigator for missing persons in the woods, holding the NPS to account, dancing around answering all questions directly. I've had it with him and won't fall into the trap of wasting research efforts involving his work again. What i find most pathetic of all is he has consistently rewards himself for ingratiating himself to NPS people, even "special agents" and using that as an excuse to attack the NPS having a lack of integrity. Paulides spins yarns and bases his book career on unidentified people buddying up to him and feeding him sensitive info.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 1

CharlesLamica

After a lifetime of interest in the subject, and about 10 years as a BFRO investigator, I have developed only three conclusions that I feel strongly about...  1.  There are more sasquatches in North America than most people think.  2.  They are more wide-spread across our continent than most people think.  3.  They are super, super smart.

When it comes to sasquatches, I am definitely in the "flesh and blood" camp.  I'm not denying there are unexplained paranormal mysteries in the world, but I don't believe sasquatches are one of them.  I do believe they are perfectly adapted to their environment, they are masters of moving through their environment stealthily, and they are smart enough to be cautious about leaving clues such as footprints and scat.  Even though I've written a small book about tracking sasquatches, I don't believe anyone will ever "track down and capture" a sasquatch.  They are simply too well-adapted to their world and can move through the woods too fast for us puny humans to catch up to one.  The fact that sasquatches sometimes seem to "disappear into thin air" tells me they are better at eluding us than we are at following them.

I'm not trying to discredit anyone's personal beliefs on this matter, it's just that I've not yet seen any evidence that saquatches are paranormal or supernatural.  In my opinion, they have to follow all the same rules of physics that the rest of us do.