LEO Bigfoot Footage?

hiflier

Looks interesting.  Would be curious to hear from some experienced in bear fur to give their opinion.  Not much more to take from this except the fur imo.  

Edited by Twist

Agree with both of you on that. I guess what I se is that the hair/fur is not a smooth coat but looks more streaked. Most of the bear photos I see shoe a coat of even length hair even if longer in places. More "fluffy" perhaps? The reddish coat of course could be a bear but it general appearance looks more unkempt and shaggy than a bear. Just some quick first impressions is all. This was from a couple of years ago and didn't know how many of you had seen it before or what you thought. Process of elimination? Occam's Razor? Toward the end of the clip it actually looks more like the arm of an orangutan because of the shaggy look. Hard to determine any size and it supposedly came from a camera that was hidden to catch pot growers. Looks like it was in a hole in the ground?

It isn't the fur so much as the limb (arm? front leg?) that sorta' swept the scene. Like Norse noted, looked kinda' skinny. 

It's only a 10 second video. The title indicates it came from a LEO. What's the back story on it? Was he a game warden?

10 minutes ago, Huntster said:

What's the back story on it? Was he a game warden?

Wish I knew. The video was sent to Sasquatch Chronicles is all I know. Anyone know anyone at SC?

As I recall, the video was provided to SC by a now retired LEO who was interviewed on the show. It was provided to him by another LEO involved in an ongoing investigation of growers in northern California who knew of his interest in Sasquatch. If I can find the episode I'll review it but it may take a bit as there are currently about 550. 

Thanks, Airdale.

10 hours ago, hiflier said:

Process of elimination? Occam's Razor?

NorCal? Would that rule out an Orangutan? ;) 

Me either, Twist, looks a little too shaggy to be a bear cub, too. Hard to judge size though.

Edited by hiflier

Yes indeed there are and they are not restricted to California. A lot of cameras are fish-eye types to varying degrees which could make things like what is at the end of the video look skinnier? In either case the shagginess of whatever it is in the images is the issue. Not that bears can't be shaggy but most photos I've seen bear fur looks denser and smoother no matter the color, unless it is wet.

Thought this would be helpful: the difference between IR and thermal imagers is that IR is an active system that utilizes a beam that is reflected back to the camera. It works on the shorter IR wavelengths whereas a thermal imager is passive and needs no light reflection as it works on longer wavelengths. One doesn't know what types of systems are deployed in habitats. Maybe both? Animals do detect active IR beam systems where passive thermal is undetectable.

But one cannot use a passive thermal as a motion detection system as far as I know because there still needs to be an active way to trigger it? As a result they either must be manually turned on and stay on which means a rather severe depletion of battery capacity compared to something that only turns on when something is detected in a sensor field. So.....passive motion sensor that turns on a passive thermal imager? It takes a second or two to boot up a thermal imager so it wouldn't be practical because it wouldn't be fast enough to use as a game cam

Edited by hiflier

9 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Doesn't look like a bear arm to me. Interesting video.

Bears don't have arms. They only have legs. 

And that looks like an arm to me, too.

30 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

........Bear perhaps. Certainly not a costume 

Why not a costume? 

2 minutes ago, hiflier said:

........I'm going to say dog........

The rear leg looks way too thick to be a dog. For that matter, so does the front leg or arm.

I think it's either a man in a suit, a sasquatch, or (third choice) a bear.

But ultimately, like my beloved friend Norseman will eventually post, it really doesn't matter what it is. It's meaningless, even as a YouTube video, because the poster (unless he/she posts more content) isn't going to profit much from that video.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic