LEO Bigfoot Footage?

hiflier

I'm amazed at the moose pics I get at my bear bait sites. They leave pics in my game cam every year. In fact, moose pics are more certain than bear pics. At some experimental sites I get moose pics and no bear pics at all. And the bait is definitely nothing the moose will eat. They must visit simply because of curiosity.

49 minutes ago, Shooter said:

Norse, what amazes me is how many does I bring in with that fox pro call. They rush in too I'm thinking the coyotes are really hammering our deer herd here!!!!

I had a mule deer doe scare the tar right out of me. Up by the Canadian border with a rabbit in distress mouth call. I was behind my wife who was the shooter, and I kept hearing something behind me between sets. And then I saw some flashes of tan and my blood ran cold. I thought I had called in a Grizzly Bear. I spun to face a charge and out of the brush pops this Mule Deer looking right at me. She acted like I owed her my lunch money. I stood up and she folded and ran off. Very weird.

One of my first experiences with a fawn in distress call nearly got me trampled by a cow moose. I guess it was similar to a calf moose call! I stepped off the trail when I heard her coming, and she trotted right by me, just 6' away. I quit using that call after I called in a large cougar in the Yahk valley.

• Thanks 1

I always set the speaker at least 150 yds away from me. That said some places I set up are close range shots, bad ass bush up on the cohutta in places!!! Don't  really know how I'll handle a bear, or a bigfoot charge at dark thirty??? 

38 minutes ago, Shooter said:

I always set the speaker at least 150 yds away from me. That said some places I set up are close range shots, bad ass bush up on the cohutta in places!!! Don't  really know how I'll handle a bear, or a bigfoot charge at dark thirty??? 

Humidity! Blech! Be careful out there!

52 minutes ago, Shooter said:

..........Don't  really know how I'll handle a bear, or a bigfoot charge at dark thirty??? 

Seven rounds of Black Magic 3" 12 gauge slugs, Streamlight, Big Dot tritium front sight, and an M-4 bayonet in the unlikely event he actually makes it to you after the seven slugs. 

Don't forget your sidearm..........

846D6AD8-9CBF-4149-83C7-5CE26C1589D6.jpeg

CE6DD49E-7CA4-481F-BB7C-CEBD4C9E93C2.jpeg

AAEA8A8E-28EC-4716-845B-71E4AB448689.jpeg

• Upvote 1

And cheap. Shotguns are a basic and essential foundation of a free man's arsenal. In minutes it can be reconfigured to hunt doves or shoot skeet. The shotgun, a few barrels, full choke kit, extended magazine, light, bayonet, slings, etc can be purchased for a bit over $1000, and the light fits handguns/carbines with rails.

Oh, BTW. that screw-in choke is a super-full choke. Those have become popular with turkey hunters, but I like it simply because it extends the effective range of buckshot. Rifled screw-in chokes are available for slugs, and testing has established that they improve accuracy, so an entire rifled barrel isn't needed. The choke is quickly changed, too.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1008170855/remington-turkey-choke-tube-remington-rem-choke

https://www.guns.com/news/2017/03/12/do-rifled-choke-tubes-improve-slug-accuracy

That is a nice setup, Huntster. As for calls, electronic versions are verboten in BC, they must be mouth blown, so it's kind of hard to NOT be the target the predator is coming for!! Do you know of anyone selling armoured blinds ? 

Edited by BC witness

1 minute ago, BC witness said:

That is a nice setup, Huntster. As for calls, electronic versions are verboten in BC, they must be mouth blown, so it's kind of hard to NOT be the target the predator is coming for!!

That’s too bad.

You don’t need an E caller anymore. You can just use your cell phone. Oops I dropped it over there!

6 hours ago, BC witness said:

..........electronic versions are verboten in BC, they must be mouth blown, so it's kind of hard to NOT be the target the predator is coming for!!.........

They did that selectively here in Alaska. They banned electronic calls for moose and maybe deer. Scents and salt licks for ungulates has always been banned, but not for predators, including bears. Predator calls are fine, and I think it will stay that way.

On 6/11/2019 at 1:15 AM, hiflier said:

Correct, bring it in and then we'll talk ;) I was looking at the size of some of the leaves and duff being kicked up and the 'thing" just doesn't look that big really. Looks like a dog. Tail's in the upper right of the frame?

Dog.JPG.d7f2bbbee93c2ab662f26c2f064a245d.JPG

Does anyone else see a front left paw at the 19 second mark, just after this screenshot was taken? Looks like a 4 legged animal to me...........although I'm sure it is a real animal.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic