Thermal Imagers In Bigfoot Country

hiflier

^^  Agreed, they cannot hide from a thermal anymore than what part of their bodies are obscured by trees or bush etc.   As big as BF can get, they better be in some old growth woods or thick bush to hide from thermal well ! 

Here is an example of deer walking in high grass which partially blocks out their heat signal.  Unless the sasquatch in perfectly still AND below the grassline, you will see him. If the sasquatch is both, you would never see him to begin with.  That would be an outlier.

I'm looking for sasquatch moving at night, however stealthfully that may be.  In the end, it cannot escape the reality of its own heat signature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkH-lWDLv1o

p.s. I almost always do "black hot".

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2019 at 11:31 PM, norseman said:

Priceless. But I feel only one half of the equation. 😉

Bigfoot cannot hide his body heat. He cannot hide period from that kind of technology.

But the video feed alone is not proof.

Apparently polar bears do not show up on thermal. I think I recall a couple of reasons. Number 1 because their fur/hair is hollow and their body heat is trapped and little to none escapes past their fur. Has anyone else read or heard about this? Obviously if true, it would make sense because the polar bear needs to retain as much heat as possible for survival. What if bigfoot had a similar design? I don't know exactly how it could benefit from trapping heat. Seems as though they would possibly overheat. I think I also heard that bigfoot which have allegedly shown up on thermal can at times look quite dull and give the appearance of giving off little body heat. One guy I spoke with claims to have seen one after a rain storm and he said it barely showed on his thermal. He wondered if it was because the rain cooled the core temp of the sas down. If you think that Mike Greene's "squeaky" footage is real, then bigfoot do show up on thermal like you'd except. 

I fully believe that bigfoot are skittish of ultrasonic frequencies. As soon as a thermal is turned on, ultrasonic frequencies are emitted. If bigfoot can hear these frequencies and are leery of them, I see no reason why it couldn't continue to hide from thermal. Plus too, those who have used a thermal know that trees and rocks give off heat and can appear quite bright on a thermal. All a bigfoot would have to do is crouch down and stay still and they would resemble a stump. It seems like it could be hiding right in plain sight and we may not even know it. Some things to consider at least. 

4 hours ago, The Truth said:

Apparently polar bears do not show up on thermal. I think I recall a couple of reasons. Number 1 because their fur/hair is hollow and their body heat is trapped and little to none escapes past their fur. Has anyone else read or heard about this?

Goes back many years to Infrared film. Canadians wanted to do an aerial survey of Polar Bear populations. Using infrared film and cameras deployed in aircraft, they snapped photos of Polar Bears. The films were developed and nothing showed. Polar Bears have hollow fur/hair.  They are not unique. Other animals have similar coats.  Sasquatch hair has been examined and dumped into the unknown animal group. Not hollow.

As far as the NC thermal video goes, the guy claims it is the best in 40 years. I am not impressed. People have short memories. They have forgotten  the video of the homeless person who snatched a pancake off of a stump. The video was advertised as a video segment that " would knock your socks off ".    Deploying pancakes and zagnut candy bars is limiting. I can't remember if the pancake was "Aunt Jemima',  "Mrs. Butterworth" or "Krusteaz".

The Truth. I don't know your experience level.  My comments to take under advisory are to visit:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/

Bobby Short has passed and the site is not updated. I do not agree with every thing that she has posted but it is a good site. Should be required reading for newbies.

Edited by Catmandoo
more text

10 hours ago, The Truth said:

Apparently polar bears do not show up on thermal. I think I recall a couple of reasons. Number 1 because their fur/hair is hollow and their body heat is trapped and little to none escapes past their fur. Has anyone else read or heard about this? Obviously if true, it would make sense because the polar bear needs to retain as much heat as possible for survival. What if bigfoot had a similar design? I don't know exactly how it could benefit from trapping heat. Seems as though they would possibly overheat. I think I also heard that bigfoot which have allegedly shown up on thermal can at times look quite dull and give the appearance of giving off little body heat. One guy I spoke with claims to have seen one after a rain storm and he said it barely showed on his thermal. He wondered if it was because the rain cooled the core temp of the sas down. If you think that Mike Greene's "squeaky" footage is real, then bigfoot do show up on thermal like you'd except. 

I fully believe that bigfoot are skittish of ultrasonic frequencies. As soon as a thermal is turned on, ultrasonic frequencies are emitted. If bigfoot can hear these frequencies and are leery of them, I see no reason why it couldn't continue to hide from thermal. Plus too, those who have used a thermal know that trees and rocks give off heat and can appear quite bright on a thermal. All a bigfoot would have to do is crouch down and stay still and they would resemble a stump. It seems like it could be hiding right in plain sight and we may not even know it. Some things to consider at least. 

Not true.

http://wwfgap.org/projects/thermal/index2.html

• Thanks 1

BFF Patron
20 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

I completely disagree with your premise they are no better than a trailcam. Thermals generally cost anywhere from 10-60 times the cost of a trail cam and have not been readily available until recently. Trail cams have been around for a while.

I've got thermal videos of chipmunks chasing each other up a tree.  Their itsy-bitsy little bodies are easily visible and jump right out on the thermal.  If a sasquatch is behind a bush or tree, its cover is only good for as long as it doesn't move.

I feel very comfortable saying that if they're out where I am, and moving at all, they'll show up on thermal.

I don't know.     During one encounter when I heard one moving around,   I tried very hard to get it to break cover by moving towards it.    I could hear thumps and thuds as I tried to close on it and it moved tree to tree away from me to maintain cover.   But I never got so much as a glimpse of it broad daylight.   A Flir would not have done any better than my eyes.      There were a large number of blow down trees in that area that prevented me from moving very fast because I had to crawl under or over them.     The only way that the BF could maintain cover that I can think of, is that it was crawling faster away from me than I was able to move towards it.  If it had been upright I would have likely seen it.    Finally it got tired of the game and growled at me.   After the growl, one behind me broke off a tree with a huge crack.     It had flanked me when I was trying to get the other to break cover.     I withdrew in a direction away from both sounds which was 90 degrees from the direction I had been moving.       I was lucky that direction was out into a clearcut.   Neither one seemed inclined to want to show itself even to scare me off.    That was the only time I thought about unholstering my weapon around a BF.     The one that growled was obviously ticked at me.    If either one of the two had done a bluff charge and showed itself,  I probably would have gotten the gun out.   Since they didn't show,   I figured I was safer just moving away.    In retrospect it was dumb to try to corner the BF.    You take away any animals means to escape and it gets dangerous.  

• Thanks 1

SWWSAS, your encounter was during daylight. I employ my thermal only  in the black of night.  So black usually that I cannot see my hand 12" in front of me.  In that circumstance, you would not have been able to see either creature nor move around anywhere unless you used a flashlight.

I will typically sit still in the black of night for hours at a time. Endless patience. If anything moves, I'll see it with the thermal.

17 hours ago, The Truth said:

What is your source of information that a hand-held thermal imager emits ultrasonic frequencies?  I called Pulsar and was told by technical support they do not.

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic