Any Revenge From The Sierra Kills?

"No person ... shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself..." - 5th amendment

I don't think any law has been broken regardless of the circumstances, however, that doesn't apply to the ethics of the situation.

I have to admit that we have been acting as if these people should be accountable to us in some fashion on the forum, as if we had the right to try them, and many of us have already passed judgement, myself included, without reviewing all of the evidence.

The only problem with a spinning record that is stuck is that if that spinning records message is incorrect - and it is not. History proves it.

The only problem with a spinning record that is stuck is that if that spinning records message is incorrect - and it is not. History proves it.

Science proves many impossible things, history documents that.

Guest BFSleuth

I don't think any law has been broken regardless of the circumstances, however, that doesn't apply to the ethics of the situation.

I have to admit that we have been acting as if these people should be accountable to us in some fashion on the forum, as if we had the right to try them, and many of us have already passed judgement, myself included, without reviewing all of the evidence.

I think you may be correct regarding the status of the law related to this case, that no law may have been broken (and I think that someone stated they did contact authorities who either didn't take the story seriously or noted they weren't interested).

However, given the level of emotion this story does raise within the BF community and reportedly at the taxidermy forum, the shooter may very well want to be more circumspect in divulging information at this point. If the story is true I certainly wouldn't blame him for wanting to stay quiet about the subject at this point, although if his sample is part of the Ketchum report he may be compelled to come forward to add veracity to its origin.

It does seem that many folks on this forum think they are "owed" something in terms of a complete personal story of the incident. I'm taking a wait and see attitude, they don't owe us anything. I think this pot was stirred by someone else and they just happened to be in the soup.

I would suggest that this story be viewed with a neutral eye. The events either did take place as reported, or part of what is being reported is truth and part is not, or the events did not take place at all and the story was manufactured for other reasons. In any event, without evidence that corroborates the story it remains just that, a story. I could tell everyone that I had found DB Cooper's money and folks would inevitably say to me "Cool, show me the money or it didn't happen" which is reasonable and to be expected.If I cannot or choose not to show the doubters DB Cooper's money then they have every right to treat me as being less than credible. If this is a true telling of events then the proof of it will come out eventually. If it is not true then that will come out in the wash as well. Just my $0.02.

It seems unlikely that the state could prosecute someone for killing something that that state doesn't acknowledge the existence of. Even after all the projects reveal their proof, the state/federal governments may not agree.

They've gone to a lot of trouble in the past to ignore their existence.

Thanks for reminding us at every opportunity. And your interest here is?........

And the reason you ask questions in reverse order is? lol!

In answer to your question, typed normally and without that annoying tendency of you and curiously others on this board, which would be "Then what is your interest here?"

That answer would be Bigfoot and those who insist he/she/it exists despite incredibly underwhelming evidence to suggest so.

Why anyway? What is your interest here?

And the reason you ask questions in reverse order is? lol!

In answer to your question, typed normally and without that annoying tendency of you and curiously others on this board, which would be "Then what is your interest here?"

That answer would be Bigfoot and those who insist he/she/it exists despite incredibly underwhelming evidence to suggest so.

Why anyway? What is your interest here?