BF Road Crossings?

hiflier

This is cool. Anyone think BF runs through these? If there one chance in a million that the WSDOT has a video record would it be worth anyone's effort to find out? Or any other state that monitors culverts and bridges that connect wildlife areas? 

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

Yes, I saw that when it first hit the web. How di it escape the F&W/gov public filters? My guess is that there is an entire battery of thermal imaging going out there too which was why I started that one thread. Do we as citizens only get shown the stuff  that has been sterilized for the public's consumption? Or can we access ALL video records without a danged FOIA? What would be the chances of more videos similar to the net cam you posted? If BF is out there then seasonal, or mating, routes should exist. We've certainly discussed much along those lines like following food and herd migrations etc.   

Edited by hiflier

Admin
1 hour ago, norseman said:

Not a road crossing. But a state FW live cam.

^^^ Never seen that one before, good find!

firefox_2019-06-18_01-36-38.jpg

• Thanks 1

• gigantor featured this topic

I doubt you'd ever see unfiltered wildlife cams where road crossings are being monitored.  The reason is that there is the potential for humans to walk through and it could raise privacy issues.  I've worked on projects to identify the wildlife crossing roads at particular locations to determine the feasibility of doing a wildlife culvert/bridge to prevent vehicle accidents.  In all cases, before the public volunteers who complete that work engage, someone has screened the images to make sure there aren't any humans caught on camera.

We all keep hoping that we'll run across a Sasquatch while doing identifications for various projects, but so far no luck.

• Upvote 1

Yes, at least they posted it. I guess my issue is with what intent. In other words the state knew the objects weren't Sasquatches which leaves doing it as a joke. So IMHO nothing has changed as far as their attitude toward honest proponents. If the start was sensitive to the proponent camp at all the posting wouldn't have appeared. My apologies but I am rather cut and dried on this point. In other words, humor aside, they pulled a prank on the public- some of which think the creatures truly exist.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

.........I guess my issue is with what intent. In other words the state knew the objects weren't Sasquatches which leaves doing it as a joke. So IMHO nothing has changed as far as their attitude toward honest proponents.........

You are arriving at the ultimate point of all of this. It would be bad enough if government maintained the quiet negligence based upon fear originally confirmed with the publication of the PG film. But like with every other aspect of life, especially with an entity as large as government, there is no shortage of ISF types within their ranks who feel a need to look down their noses at "bleevers".

This helps me justify my desire to stick it to them deep upon discovery. AFAIC, they need purging and denigration, at the least. Sooner is better, but even if it comes after sasquatch extinction, it will taste sweet.

Edited by Huntster

Georgia Police dash cam

3 hours ago, hiflier said:

Yes, at least they posted it. I guess my issue is with what intent. In other words the state knew the objects weren't Sasquatches which leaves doing it as a joke. So IMHO nothing has changed as far as their attitude toward honest proponents. If the start was sensitive to the proponent camp at all the posting wouldn't have appeared. My apologies but I am rather cut and dried on this point. In other words, humor aside, they pulled a prank on the public- some of which think the creatures truly exist.

I have no idea of their intent. But if it was obviously bushes? Well.... it’s seems like a bad joke.

6 minutes ago, norseman said:

I have no idea of their intent. But if it was obviously bushes? Well.... it’s seems like a bad joke.

I would like to see another photo of the spot , the state  must have posted another one to show the bushes  to show it was a joke.

Thanks

I guess it was bushes. At first it sure looked like it could be real .

The police cruiser video is interesting  , I've seen that one before. There's only really two possibilities .

It's either a person hoaxing  or it's a bigfoot. It's not a bear on hind legs moving that fast and the dash cam video isn't going to take as clear of a film as the actual 

people who saw it cross the road . It was dark but they got a pretty good look at what ever it was or I should say what ever it wasn't.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic