What's Your Ride?

Guest Bigfoot Hunter

Oh yeah, performance cars can last. My 94 Z28 with a stick had 200,000 miles on the clock. It was about 350 hp and 380 ft lbs with 4.10's and was a joy every second. My most powerful was my 01 with a stick that made 400 hp and 420 ft lbs. Keep that TT looking slick, man. ;)

I will certainly try. :)

Those big V8 Corvettes are certainly the business! And sound fantastic I don't doubt.

The V8s we have in the UK are virtually silent and smaller 4.2s, etc. Powerful, but tame in comparison.

Edited by AndrewOW

Oh these were in Camaros not Corvettes, same engine I assure you. ;)

Its a different kind of animal. Primal even. As in primal scream. Its a very raw experience. Not refined like Euro engines. But gobs of power they do make. 5.7 litres in my Camaros and the truck I have now has a 6.0 litre. The truck makes 345 hp and 380 ft lbs off the show room floor! Room for improvement I say. :)

Tonnes of bolt ons for those rover lumps though if you want them to sound rorty...

I'm wondering what my little wagon is gonna sound like after next week... found a header for it... gonna fit it along with a bigger exhaust... it seems like less a performance mod than a "keeping up with modern traffic" mod though... but I'm anticipating it dropping a second off the 0-60 time.

Yeah, been driving Maserati's for the last few years - I like them as they are fairly rare on UK roads. I'd have a Corvette if they would make a RHD version!

I don't think they have a reason to HP up yet. Unless you're talking the 5.8 in which case its a little less than that. But Ford needs to do something with rumors of that TT LT4 GM is developing...

Guest COGrizzly

1995 Toyota T100 4WD, topper shell, 3 inch exhaust, K/N filter.

In HS I had a 1979 Z-28, show car. My first car. It ripped.

Yup, thats the one. Chevy's new engines come out next year. Thats when the fun starts. Or will it be when the Barracuda comes back out? Fun times ahead!

• gigantor unlocked this topic