What's Your Ride?

Guest Bigfoot Hunter

i think a standard canoe would do just fine.....

I been looking for one for years... every time I see one on a yard sale ad, I get there and they say "Someone knocked on our door at 5AM for it..." or similar. I could actually save up $500ish and get a shiny new cheap one. But I live in continual hope that I'll find one for $200 or under.... oh actually, I tell a lie, there was one time I got to the yard sale and they still had it, only it was a hand built, numbered one by some famous Muskoka builder who had passed away... and they were asking $2000...

Oh, I do think a new 'Cuda will be fun. The new semi' Hemi (couldn't help myself) has proven to be a tough competitor and if they add boost like their Ford and Chevy brethren then it could get real interesting. Especially since they're putting her on a diet to the tune of a few hundred pounds from the Challenger. They're talking 3600 lbs as opposed to 4100.

Yeah, but if they wanna turn heads they're goin to have to get the HP ratings closer to the 700 mark. 475 HP was big a few years ago, but nowadays with Mustangs at 662 and whatever the camaros have goin on, they need some more impressive numbers...especially if they expect buyers to part with almost 60K. Of course, handling is another issue. I've heard bad about the new camaros, good about the stangs, and nothing for the mopars as yet. IMHO, Lamborghini still has the title for road handling, but they're a league of their own, not that it would hurt any of our 3 automakers to take notes on suspension tricks.

Honestly, for "mass produced" handlers I give it to Porsche, all day long. Their test track IS the 'Ring.

I agree that the power will have to be out there for the new 'Cuda. Artificial air pressure will be a must. The Camaro ZL1 sits at 580 hp (rated) right now, though some dyno numbers are showing enough that 600+ crank is more than possible. For that matter the Corvette ZR1 is at 638 hp. The engine's coming include a rumored twin turbo 6.2 from Chevy with estimates in the 700-800 hp range. All rumors of course.

Handling from the Camaros is generally favored in their weight class. The Shelby has the ZL1 in a straight line but anywhere else the ZL1 is the better car. Handling, braking, the whole shebang. SS to 5.0 GT I want to say the SS has it in handling but I haven't looked since Ford was swinging the 4.6 stick. Now the Boss? That was the handling king. Was. Look into the 1LE Camaros. Special rims, tires, shocks, rear end gearing, and a close ratio transmission do well to unseat the king. If you couldn't tell, I'm a little biased, lol. But I try for accuracy over opinion. Dodge hasn't been a player, really. The new SRT8 is finally faster than the GT and SS but at a GT500 and ZL1 pricetag. It should be faster than an SS and a GT.

Maybe for another 40K a Viper could close the deal. They seem to be built for road hugging and have a couple extra chipmunks under the hood. haven't heard much about them recently, maybe quit producing for all I know........

They went away for a year or two. 640 hp is what the new serpent is packing under the hood. Check out the 2013 Viper and prepare to drool.

32 mpg? I'd faint if I ever saw that.

This was my 18 y/o's Cavalier after she fell asleep at the wheel, glided through a stop sign and T-boned an 18-wheeler who was going 72mph..........she only got a cracked pelvis and 2 months off work :)

post-17666-0-99706000-1352897619_thumb.j

Here's my ride since 1986, a GMC 3500 'High Sierra', 2WD, 4 speed, now packing a 383 Stroker with around 420 ponies through headers and dual exhaust......the old lug moves pretty good now.

The truck is known by many, and is affectionately known as Whitey.

post-193-0-69162900-1352920308_thumb.jpg

Ya just don't see this much these days--a guy who keeps his ride forever and upgrades stuff now and then; like it gets better with age--->Awesome, IMO

Thanks AaronD.......and Whitey thanks you too! Never wrecked, new interior, stereo, all new brakes, and completely new (Moog) suspension. Wife hates the truck, and wishes I would get a new one, but they are too fancy, and who wants a car payment? The fact that this truck aggravates so many is in itself a reason to keep it:) The old dog has been on many a BF expedition, and does pretty good off road.

AaronD, trust me, I know 640 can be had elsewhere for cheaper, lol. But you have to admit it's hard to attain the refinement of factory supercars. Also, your daughter is so very lucky. Wow.

Scott, its time for a deer bumper, man. I've been planning one on the Chevy for a while.

Big Tex, I love your truck, man. Perfect. If my truck was paid off I'd keep it forever. Just have to see if that car payment will be maintainable when I get to Mississippi State.

• gigantor unlocked this topic