What's Your Ride?

Guest Bigfoot Hunter

Guest Bigfoot Hunter

Just wondering if anyone want's to share pics of their vehicles?

My primary is an H1. It's not fast but it never gets stuck.

0001-32411000003_large.jpg

0002-32411000002_large.jpg

Guest CaptainMorgan

Nice rig! *envy*

Love that ground clearance.

I almost went the H2 route, but wanted something a bit more narrow to park and get down trails so I went with the Pathfinder. I added a brush guard, a receiver to the front and a winch in a cradle that I can mount on the front or the back, and not have to carry the weight of it when I'm in the city. I wish I had more ground clearance but I've done some pretty scary stuff in the Pathy, so it's probably good that I didn't go Hummer!

Ironically the gas mileage is so bad in the Pathy I could be driving a Hummer just the same.

just take a look at my baby to the left....

It never gets stuck in the mud either.

I hardly ever need to fill it up (come to think of it, i never have done)

Captain, notice the hummer has two filler tanks.

they are there for a reason!

That being said, nice set of wheels, reminds me of zombieland.

Guest bsruther

My ride

358pide.jpg

Have gotten stuck, but always get unstuck...as long as there's a tree nearby.

Research vehicle

11maoas.jpg

11tpkzo.jpg

Had to push it out of the mud a few times, but never been stuck.

It's a little workhorse.

4 cup holders, keeps me from having to re-beer too often.

Guest Bigfoot Hunter

I like all of them. I think my fav is the VW Buss though. :) Always thought VW was ahead of their time. I had a bug converted to a baja racer but sold it years ago. Wish I never would have. It was a great little off road car that never got stuck either.

Edited by Bigfoot Hunter

Guest Bigfoot Hunter

Have gotten stuck, but always get unstuck...as long as there's a tree nearby.

Same here. I say "never got stuck" but meant never got stranded. The H1 is a heavy vehicle for off road use but the wide track makes up for the weight. I use it mostly for work. I am a private security contractor and mostly do executive protection these days. Pays better than the other PMC stuff does and still allows me to keep my boots on the ground where they have always felt most at home.

Ford Excursion, which is the largest SUV made. It has a V10, and plenty of room (I use it for surveying). It is not the gas hog it is reputed to be. If I need something smaller, I take my Dodge quad cab 4x4. If I need something even smaller to get way back, I bring along my JD 650 4x4 quad. None of these have ever let me down surveying, so I don't anticipate them letting me down hunting BF or anything else (except in snowmobile country, lol). If I have to get anywhere so rugged the JD won't get me there, I just walk, which is my preferred method of traveling when hunting anyway (I don't like the noise of an atv, and I don't like getting the engine/exhaust/fuel smells on me).

Guest CaptainMorgan

I saw a dune buggy of sorts recently and thought it would be keen to have something small and lightweight, knobby tires, lifted with suspension etc. Then pull a small trailer to sleep in with a kitchenette.

Or maybe something like this

The%20Dark%20Knight%20Tumbler.jpg

Guest wild eyed willy

Wow you guys are lucky, I ride a Goat.

Little b****** runs all day on whatever it can fit in it's mouth. It hasn't gotten stuck, but it has got a nasty disposition.

Wish I had a Hummer, wanna trade?

Guest TooRisky

My older WASRT Scout vehicle... 77 jeep Wagoneer Cherokee 4x4... 401, th400, D-44 locked front and rear, 7" susp. lift, 37" MTR's... friggin unstoppable...

Jeepscout1-12-5-09.jpg

Jeepscout-12-5-09.jpg

My new 1985 G20 WASRT camp/scout 4x4 van 350,th400w/OD, D-44 locked front and rear, 6" suspension lift, 32x15 wheels and tires...

VanAtCampSatsop.jpg

100_0821.jpg

100_0749.jpg

Edited by TooRisky

• gigantor unlocked this topic