What's Your Ride?

Guest Bigfoot Hunter

Guest D B Cooper

Whether this guy was posting this out of low self-esteem. Or if his intent was to eventually dupe members, I cannot say. I suspect possibly the latter, but I could be wrong. I exposed his incorrect, and dubious posts to merely set the record straight.

I have never seen a Bigfoot. However, I know reputable people who have seen very convincing evidence. I personally have had a couple of unexplainable experiences , a tree knocking incident and a piercing call very nearby that was nothing like I have ever heard in my 61 years growing-up in the mountains of Oregon, as well as a great deal of time spent in the mountains of Oregon as an adult. I want to believe that they exist and would give anything to see one face to face. I think that the pursuit of, and search for proof should be conducted as a serious and reputable undertaking.

My point being that when people like Mr. Rettman(?) use this as an excuse to get attention under false pretenses, or for some personal gain. They should be exposed for what they are. I do not want to be labeled as a dupe, a loon or one of the crazies running around looking for a chimp in the woods. If we don't approach this endeavor with sincerity, how can we hope to ever be taken seriously by the skeptics. Or to even convince them of any chance of it's existence, when people like Rettman convince everyone that it's nothing more than a dog and pony show.

Part of opening a Con on a Mark is to convince the Mark that the they have a new friend who has no interest in, or need for, anything they have. "Bigfoot Hunter' implied that 'money is no object, I have endless resources. I just want to help out'. I'm a soldier of fortune ( read "hero").

He began to hint that anyone who was interested was welcome to join, but a "full background check" would be required ( including finances?) Then proceeded to provide proof of his personal wealth by showing off "his" $70,000 + H1 Hummer parked in the driveway what looked to be in a very effluent area. See what I have, how could I ever want anything from you? Then busied himself making friends, even volunteering to leave the forum to keep from offending anyone.

I'm not saying this is proof that he was intent on duping anyone. I'm just saying that it appeared suspect and prompted me to look a bit deeper. As I said, this could have been a simple attempt by someone with very low self-esteem trying to bolster their own image, but who knows for sure. Maybe he was hoping "investors" in his adventure would volunteer to help finance it.

Maybe I haven't pleased the moderator(s), but I have exposed the facts and the truth. And I thought exposing the facts and the truth was what this forum is all about?

Edited by D B Cooper

Guest D B Cooper

I guarantee that H1 was more than $70k new. But, why are we talking about a blow hard and not "What's Your Ride"?

A question was posed, I thought I would answer it. As far as Hummers go, I don't have a clue what they cost, it was just a figure that came to mind. I have no interest in ever buying one, even if I could afford it. On with the subject...

I'm surprised more people's rides aren't motorcycles.

Too hard to strap the sasquatch on the back for the ride home. Hey, I'm just trying to be optimistic and practical at the same time.

Too hard to strap the sasquatch on the back for the ride home. Hey, I'm just trying to be optimistic and practical at the same time.

How about a station wagon? I mean heck, it worked for the Hendersons!

Guest TooRisky

I'm surprised more people's rides aren't motorcycles.

Yeah I am with you... I would have thought that like duel purpose street/dirt bikes would be more represented... They are perfect for all kinds of scouting to night-op's... I have also thought mountain bikes would be a good thing, take the bikes and riders to the top of a ridge then come down, have them ride about 10 mins behind you and meet them at the bottom...

I didn’t buy my DR650 specifically for squatch work, but figured it’d be better than my Super Duty. 55mpg means I get into the woods more often, and it goes places better than the big truck (most of the time).

I didn’t buy my DR650 specifically for squatch work, but figured it’d be better than my Super Duty. 55mpg means I get into the woods more often, and it goes places better than the big truck (most of the time).

55 mpg is like finding a suitcase full of money on the side of the road nowadays!

You can say that again Surveyor. I was driving my truck 25 miles a day. Doesn't seem like much, but at about 9.5 mpg I was spending $10.00+ a day on gas. Now, I'm spending closer to $1.75. So, I explain the new bike to the wife this way...for every day I ride I save at least $8.00. In a month of riding I'm saving about $200 over driving the truck. Now of course I ride more miles because it's fun, and insurance is about $0.46/day, but overall, it's working out for me, mostly in just the fun factor.

Edited by Ace

• 1 month later...

Here is my Bigfoot'n rides and set up. I can go just about anywhere with them, my ENO hammock, power bar and a bottle of water.

DSC02456.JPG?w=6d316dee

Edited by No.24

• gigantor unlocked this topic