Sasquatch brain size

norseman

The big take away from this video I got was the cut off point for the size of the brain.

600 cc

What size brain does Sasquatch have?

Edited by norseman
  • Upvote 2

Call me a skeptic on the "science" of brain size. I've met way too many people who had a brain as big as mine, but acted like it was smaller than a peanut.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

The big take away from this video I got was the cut off point for the size of the brain.

600 cc

What size brain does Sasquatch have?

I would bet my bottom dollar the volume is over 1300 cc for an adult male ( 8 ft ), maybe even around 1500. 

1500cc was the average human brain size at one time, not much advantage however, given how we have Iphones and they have pinecones.  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, hiflier said:

But what would be the advantage of having a brain the size of a 1967 1500cc Volkswagen engine?.......note the year I chose ;) 

Noted, and agreed. The 1500cc was my personal favorite.......until we started building 2185cc monsters............

20 minutes ago, Twist said:

.........we have Iphones and they have pinecones.  

The humans with peanut brains have iphones because the humans utilizing their full brain potential created them. With a handful of peanuts, I can train a chimp to phone you with one. Remember, chimps beat Americans into orbit around the Earth.

Brain size has little to do with it. 

Edited by Huntster

9 minutes ago, Twist said:

given how we have Iphones and they have pinecones

HAH! Love it! But it IS true. From the articles I posted the prefrontal cortex is the last section of the brain to develop both in the Human growth sense as well as in the evolutionary sense. But I have an ulterior motive saying that as it bolsters my  own hypothesis that the Sasquatch brain is a lesson in arrested brain development. The genetic similarities between Sasquatch and Human DNA may be identical with the genetic switch being turned off too early in the DNA chain that controls the development of the prefrontal cortex. I'm saying they may have one but its mature state is severely limited due to that early switching off of the prefrontal cortex gene sequence. Eventually though over time that genetic switch may remain on longer and longer and Bigfoot may step in to fill the void after we're gone. If it happens earlier than that only our technology will save us.

41 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Noted, and agreed. The 1500cc was my personal favorite.......until we started building 2185cc monsters............

The humans with peanut brains have iphones because the humans utilizing their full brain potential created them. With a handful of peanuts, I can train a chimp to phone you with one. Remember, chimps beat Americans into orbit around the Earth.

Brain size has little to do with it. 

Good thing us peanut brains have full brains to help us, how else would we debate bigfoot with other peanut brains!

1 hour ago, Twist said:

Good thing us peanut brains have full brains to help us, how else would we debate bigfoot with other peanut brains!

Indeed. Had the peanut-brained among us not read the opinions of the gatekeepers of Science, they wouldn't know to deny sasquatches. 

3 hours ago, NathanFooter said:

I would bet my bottom dollar the volume is over 1300 cc for an adult male ( 8 ft ), maybe even around 1500. 

I doubt that, otherwise they would have beaten us to the moon. Right? Thats our brain size.

A 400 lbs Gorilla has about a 400 cc brain.

Homo Erectus had a 800 cc brain.

So I dont think its specifically correlated to body size.

Sasquatch seems to be stuck somewhere between a Gorilla and a Homo Erectus. Not flaking stone tools or making fire, but maybe using sticks for clubs. Maybe some rudimentary language?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, norseman said:

I doubt that, otherwise they would have beaten us to the moon. Right? Thats our brain size.

A 400 lbs Gorilla has about a 400 cc brain.

Homo Erectus had a 800 cc brain.

So I dont think its specifically correlated to body size.

Sasquatch seems to be stuck somewhere between a Gorilla and a Homo Erectus. Not flaking stone tools or making fire, but maybe using sticks for clubs. Maybe some rudimentary language?

Yes, it is within human size range.  based on what witnessed in 2009 and again in 2015 the skull shape and size did not appear as a low volume dome constructed mainly our of recessed muscle framework.   I did not see massive oral structure, expended cheek bones or a short an overly large face structure when compared to the entire head size.  

image.png.ab1c303745f319422b527192c8ba76bd.png

Intelligence can be developed and applied along different lines so it is not alien for me to consider that size range.  Just my take and it could be very wrong I suppose. 

Why would they make tools if they don't need them to live? 

Great video. I find this stuff fascinating. The Leakeys were an interesting family.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

Why would they make tools if they don't need them to live? 

Great video. I find this stuff fascinating. The Leakeys were an interesting family.

Because the genus Homo makes tools. Humans have bigger and more robust  and increased opposable thumbs than other great apes. For tool making and use. Our thumb and brain had a arms race. Better weapons equaled higher diet of fat and protein that equaled bigger brains that equaled better weapons crafted by more dexterous hands and so forth and so on...... sharp flakes to the hand axe to the spear to the atlatl to the bow and arrow to the Bronze Age to the Iron Age to the Jet age, etc.

Bigfoot either never took part in this or it did at the very beginning and lost it somehow on the way from Africa to North America.

I do not believe it was a fully modern human that simply made a choice to not use tools, fire or shelter. If you and I tried that in the mountains?

We would die.

85C2F821-1974-45A1-A856-DDDF835630A2.jpeg

• Upvote 1

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic