Sasquatch Ontario A Hoax?

The Truth

A friend sent me the following link to a youtube video showing that Sasquatch Ontario is a hoax.

Apparently the cottage owner was hoaxing all the time and evidence only showed when he was around. The video here clearly shows that the cottage owner went by the alias Darryl Strumm on Facebook (as admitted by the Sasquatch Ontario guy, Paterson). I just tried to find him but he's not on Facebook anymore or his profile is hidden. Anyhow the video shows the cottage owner doing the vocals which Paterson claimed were legit. Well, to me it's clear that it's a person and now it all makes sense. There are a bunch of videos on the same youtube channel which show many interesting things. I won't give it all away, but I'm curious if anyone has any more details?

BFF Patron

The dude has been invited with open arms and red carpet treatment toOcean Shores, Washington conference but so have other notable hoaxers.

Oh man, you opened the Pandora's box of contradictory intrigue. There are definitely human forces at work seeking to discredit SO. There are plenty of reasons to dismiss the research as well. It's all very strange. 

On one hand, I just can't buy in to the vocalizations. But, I still want to hear clear evidence of how they faked it. We can all use software to manipulate our voices but you will leave clear traces of that software/studio manipulation. I know audio fairly well and have cranked up the volume, ran the videos through my own software that can detect differences between tracks. None of the vocalizations are re-used except in obvious highlight purposes (greatest hits kind of thing). There are different depths that are difficult for amateurs to fake. The range of vocalizations is really impressive. So someone with a lot of time on their hands must have done the hoaxng. A lot more was done here than hanging out of a window and making dumb noises.

I want to know how the microphones were set up. I want to know the software used. If it's a hoax, then spill all the beans. 

If it's not a hoax then you have to do more with it. If no video or photos of this creature then let someone other than psychics onto the property to verify. A team with credibility other than the usual set of clowns on TV.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

All I want to know is how sasquatch in ontario throws his voice and cracks lake ice?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, bipedalist said:

The dude has been invited with open arms and red carpet treatment toOcean Shores, Washington conference but so have other notable hoaxers.

I read that a couple of years back that the Sasquatch Ontario guy, Mike Paterson, on his way to the Washington conference was turned away at the border because of past criminal convictions. That may be why he can't attend. The U.S. doesn't take kindly to those with criminal backgrounds entering. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Arvedis said:

Oh man, you opened the Pandora's box of contradictory intrigue. There are definitely human forces at work seeking to discredit SO. There are plenty of reasons to dismiss the research as well. It's all very strange. 

On one hand, I just can't buy in to the vocalizations. But, I still want to hear clear evidence of how they faked it. We can all use software to manipulate our voices but you will leave clear traces of that software/studio manipulation. I know audio fairly well and have cranked up the volume, ran the videos through my own software that can detect differences between tracks. None of the vocalizations are re-used except in obvious highlight purposes (greatest hits kind of thing). There are different depths that are difficult for amateurs to fake. The range of vocalizations is really impressive. So someone with a lot of time on their hands must have done the hoaxng. A lot more was done here than hanging out of a window and making dumb noises.

I want to know how the microphones were set up. I want to know the software used. If it's a hoax, then spill all the beans. 

If it's not a hoax then you have to do more with it. If no video or photos of this creature then let someone other than psychics onto the property to verify. A team with credibility other than the usual set of clowns on TV.

Looks like the beans were spilled when the cottage owner confessed, and showed that he was the voice of Nephatia. If you listen to the cottage owner's speaking voice, it's a perfect match to Nephatia's. But realize too that Paterson only ever hears the vocal when the cottage owner (Dwayne Scott) is with him at the cottage. The video I linked states that Dwayne would bellow out the side window after Paterson was comfy in his tent 100 feet up a hill away from the cottage. Paterson always said that it sounded as if the vocal was coming from the side of the cottage. And low and behold, apparently a neighbor, and research team, caught Dwayne doing it several times. But even if that's not true, Dwayne admitted to doing it and had a SoundCloud clip showing that he was the voice. That is also on the video I linked above.

Vocals only occur when Paterson is with Dwayne. Footprints only show up when Paterson is with Dwayne. Tic-tac-toe only happens when Dwayne is there. Imposed photos, touching, gifting, etc., only happens when Dwayne is there with Paterson. Even in the latest vid of Paterson's he says that Dwayne was there with him and when he turned away, he heard a vocalization. Dwayne stayed back and Paterson went to his car and when he returned there was a footprint in the snow, right where Dwayne was standing. So, it should be obvious that Dwayne is doing it all. But can Paterson really be that dense to not realize it? Or, does he turn a blind eye now because he has ads all over his channel and is obviously reaping the financial benefits of it all? Tough to know which. 

Dwayne's voice is extremely deep and it wouldn't be difficult for him to lower it further as we all can. Really listen to his speaking voice. But don't be fooled by the new vid that Paterson has up. Dwayne is clearly trying to speak in an upper register to make it seem like his voice is higher. If you listen to the early Paterson vids when Dwayne is speaking, you can hear just how deep his voice really is. There's also this vid showing how easy it is to fake the Neph vocals if someone wanted to:

5 hours ago, bipedalist said:

All I want to know is how sasquatch in ontario throws his voice and cracks lake ice?

Hmmm, ice cracks on its own in the winter. "Throws his voice"? Not sure what you mean. Sarcasm? Apparently, according to Paterson, sasquatch also mimics snowmobiles. C'mon! 

4 hours ago, hiflier said:

I would like to know how SASQUATCH does it.

Me too. Please let me know when you find out 😎

2 hours ago, The Truth said:

Looks like the beans were spilled when the cottage owner confessed, and showed that he was the voice of Nephatia. If you listen to the cottage owner's speaking voice, it's a perfect match to Nephatia's. But realize too that Paterson only ever hears the vocal when the cottage owner (Dwayne Scott) is with him at the cottage. The video I linked states that Dwayne would bellow out the side window after Paterson was comfy in his tent 100 feet up a hill away from the cottage. Paterson always said that it sounded as if the vocal was coming from the side of the cottage. And low and behold, apparently a neighbor, and research team, caught Dwayne doing it several times. But even if that's not true, Dwayne admitted to doing it and had a SoundCloud clip showing that he was the voice. That is also on the video I linked above.

Vocals only occur when Paterson is with Dwayne. Footprints only show up when Paterson is with Dwayne. Tic-tac-toe only happens when Dwayne is there. Imposed photos, touching, gifting, etc., only happens when Dwayne is there with Paterson. Even in the latest vid of Paterson's he says that Dwayne was there with him and when he turned away, he heard a vocalization. Dwayne stayed back and Paterson went to his car and when he returned there was a footprint in the snow, right where Dwayne was standing. So, it should be obvious that Dwayne is doing it all. But can Paterson really be that dense to not realize it? Or, does he turn a blind eye now because he has ads all over his channel and is obviously reaping the financial benefits of it all? Tough to know which. 

Dwayne's voice is extremely deep and it wouldn't be difficult for him to lower it further as we all can. Really listen to his speaking voice. But don't be fooled by the new vid that Paterson has up. Dwayne is clearly trying to speak in an upper register to make it seem like his voice is higher. If you listen to the early Paterson vids when Dwayne is speaking, you can hear just how deep his voice really is. There's also this vid showing how easy it is to fake the Neph vocals if someone wanted to:

I've seen some of these videos.  Someone made a few of them from different YouTube accounts. Looks like they really put in effort to discredit Mike. And for the first time we actually get to see who the cottage owner is. Agreed, he has the voice for it.  He is a musician so maybe he has knowledge of audio techniques. It does seem like the obvious hoax. But I still say that is a LOT of time spent at the editing console for no gain other than snickering at Mike spinning his wheels. I want to believe it is a hoax but I just have a few reservations that bug me before I sign off on it.  If you notice in the soundcloud by Darryl or Dwayne, you can hear the tons of reverb in his sample.  Why would anyone post that if they are trying to convince anyone of the hoax?  This is just one clue that sample is manufactured and that is easy to do. That takes no time at all.  Now, compare that clip with any of the other vocalizations and see if you can identify any misplaced reverb or echo - anything that would give away that the vocalizations are hoaxed. Granted, most of the vocalizations seem far fetched but what about the audio analysis? I'm curious why someone would spend so much time doing this over a span of several years? It's all suspicious and contradictory. Off the rails.

Edited by Arvedis

If something starts to quack like a duck and walk like a duck, I’m going to call it a duck.   

Why do people spend time and effort hoaxing.....for attention or something else they crave in life.   

Guest Dan Magoo
6 hours ago, Twist said:

If something starts to quack like a duck and walk like a duck, I’m going to call it a duck.   

Why do people spend time and effort hoaxing.....for attention or something else they crave in life.   

Paterson clearly has NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder). It's so classic. If you have followed this dog and pony show from the start, and remember Toejam, the following symptoms are literally seeping out of his pores. 

Symptoms

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

• Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
  • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerate achievements and talents
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
  • Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
  • Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
  • Take advantage of others to get what they want
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Be envious of others and believe others envy them
  • Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious

Add the fact that his YT channel has been monetized for awhile now, and he is soliciting donations, it totally behooves him to continue this charade. 

14 hours ago, Arvedis said:

I've seen some of these videos.  Someone made a few of them from different YouTube accounts. Looks like they really put in effort to discredit Mike. And for the first time we actually get to see who the cottage owner is. Agreed, he has the voice for it.  He is a musician so maybe he has knowledge of audio techniques. It does seem like the obvious hoax. But I still say that is a LOT of time spent at the editing console for no gain other than snickering at Mike spinning his wheels. I want to believe it is a hoax but I just have a few reservations that bug me before I sign off on it.  If you notice in the soundcloud by Darryl or Dwayne, you can hear the tons of reverb in his sample.  Why would anyone post that if they are trying to convince anyone of the hoax?  This is just one clue that sample is manufactured and that is easy to do. That takes no time at all.  Now, compare that clip with any of the other vocalizations and see if you can identify any misplaced reverb or echo - anything that would give away that the vocalizations are hoaxed. Granted, most of the vocalizations seem far fetched but what about the audio analysis? I'm curious why someone would spend so much time doing this over a span of several years? It's all suspicious and contradictory. Off the rails.

Dwayne is bellowing out the side window of the cottage. I believe that he's likely adding some bottom end to the recording if he has a chance to, but it's not a studio creation per se. There are some people, including a neighbor who have witnessed Dwayne vocalizing out the window. For sure the audio supposedly with Anastasia is Dwayne's creation. He claimed that his computer crashed and that the only audio left was a short clip of "Anastasia" as she would be called. Thing is, when a computer crashes, you don't just get a clip of audio that was saved. It's all or nothing. And, according to one of the vids on the channel exposing the hoax, the female voice is just Dwayne's girlfriend. And that would make sense since Paterson stated that she was there time and time again. I don't think that she's in on the hoax but was just speaking some distance from the mic and Dwayne found a clip that was mumbled. And to him and Paterson enough to make it "unknown" and in Paterson's mind it was Neph's sister. That's quite a jump to presume, isn't it? 

Now Dwayne admitted over the span of a year that he was hoaxing Paterson. He didn't just say it one time. He stated it numerous times over and over again for about a year. Why would he confess if he didn't do it? He even had some youtube channels up showing how he hoaxed Paterson. Why would he do that if he didn't hoax? But those vids stayed up only for a couple of days. I didn't think to download them. But I'm going to keep asking around in case someone else did.

Paterson only has stuff happen when Dwayne is around. Paterson has nothing of the kind of evidence elsewhere as when he's with Dwayne. That speaks volumes! Dwayne apparently had privately emailed some people and told them that it all started as a joke but then got out of hand. That's a lot easier to believe than believing that sasquatch plays tic-tac-toe and tosses magic marbles. Oh and speaking of marbles, Paterson even admitted that Dwayne told him that he was tossing marbles. So there you go. We can toss the magic marbles out and put them in the hoax category.

One of the neighbors is watching closely because he's sick of being woken up at 4 am when Dwayne is doing his dirty. It's just a matter of time before he's video'd and possibly charged with disturbing the peace. There are many cottages right in the same area, as shown in one of the vids on the channel exposing Sasquatch Ontario. 

It takes a sick person to keep hoaxing someone. But it takes a fool to not realize it. Of course that's only if it IS a hoax. But the evidence is clear that it is. Confession, no evidence without Dwayne, neighbor and investigation team witnessing hoaxing, Paterson admitting that Dwayne was tossing marbles, Paterson accused by an ex of trying to hoax her. Dwayne's voice matching Neph's, etc. etc. It's pretty clear. Oh and how about Paterson claiming that the military/government and intruders ruined everything? If the government were involved, they would have shut him down years ago. It sure seems as though Paterson really wants to believe that he's special and is willing to let rationale, and objectivity fall by the wayside. If he was smart, he'd invite a friend to hide in the shadows to observe Dwayne. Seems that Dwayne is exercising his power to ruin everything when he wants. When he was mad at Paterson, there was no evidence. Now that they are together again, presto, more evidence. Pretty clear what's happening here. 

I'm going to ask one of my friends who's a big dude to mimic the Neph vocals and post them here. Busy for the next few days but hope to do it after that. It's def in human range. 

9 hours ago, Twist said:

Some people thrive on attention. It's obvious that Paterson is one of those people. Look at how many comments he's posted online over the years. I saw somewhere that it was in the 10's of thousands. Dwayne, the mastermind behind the hoax obviously loves playing with people's minds. 

31 minutes ago, The Truth said:

Some people thrive on attention. It's obvious that Paterson is one of those people. Look at how many comments he's posted online over the years. I saw somewhere that it was in the 10's of thousands. Dwayne, the mastermind behind the hoax obviously loves playing with people's minds. 

It’s a shame how they muddy the waters but the more they are discussed the more attention they are getting.  As PT Barnum said, “there’s no such thing as bad publicity”

What a ridiculous hobby. Maybe he is living off an inheritance and does not work.

The audio editing doesn't seem slapped together so he must have spent time doing a mix. A pretty good job of it as far as just audio quality is concerned. An amateur would sound like he's in a bathroom. I find it hard to believe simply hanging outside a window doing a range of Bigfoot vocalizations comes though cleanly unless the engineer really knows the capabilities of the software. Also, there are different depths so he must have been using multiple microphones.

If anyone thinks this is an easy hoax, try it and see how realistic you can get with it  It would be a curious experiment.

Edited by Arvedis

BFF Patron

What is the deal with the most prolific hoaxers being Canadians?   Too much time to kill in the winter months?   I guess some people seek fame and will go to great lengths to get it.     If I ever get a good video I will probably not even claim I took it.    It might even be fun to say it was taken by someone else and declare I think it a hoax.  I cannot see myself at Ocean Shores or Kennewick giving a presentation.   I am too private a person for that.   

I still have not met that habituator who claims to be good buddies with a group of BF.    Kinda of afraid of him for some reason.    If I ignore that little guy on my right shoulder telling me to be careful,   I get burned.  For all I know he wants to take me out to the group of BF so I can be their dinner.  

Edited by SWWASAS

21 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

What is the deal with the most prolific hoaxers being Canadians?   Too much time to kill in the winter months?  

Not all Canadians ... just Ontario Canadians. LOL

• Like 1