Animal Planet Bigfoot Series 6 Episodes on American BF Sightings

Guest ajciani

It's Alaska they throw their kids out in the snow when their babys to get them use to the cold. I believe the kid because Ranae did and she is pretty skeptical.

BTW does anyone else think she's kind of hot?

Yes the kid did look genuinely scared in my opinion. Could just be me being gullible but hey..

As for Ranea being kinda hot? Sure, if you like the Corey Haim- in Lucas kinda thing... Just kidding!

Guest CaptainMorgan
BTW does anyone else think she's kind of hot?

Heh I've heard this on 2 forums in 2 days . . .

I'm NOT giving you her phone #! Do you own work :D j\k

Watched a few minutes of the beginning and decided to back up files instead.

The pattern of this series is old. The team looks at purported footage. Then, they reenact the event, using Bobo as a stand in for the possible bigfoot. Bobo matches to figure in the footage every time. Then, the redundancy gets worse.

1) The group goes to an area.

2) They hold a town meeting to collect stories about bigfoot encounters.

3) The stories that interest them most, are investigated.

4) The team splits up (just like the characters in Scooby Doo).

5) An over the top plan is executed (a gaggle of people to look for evidence, the caged bun bun or the robo goose and canoe blind). Reminds me of the "A Team."

6) The team hears something, or finds and deer kill or a footprint.

7) Matt utters his catch phrase "We have a squatch in these woods," or something to that effect. Again, it is predictable as the villain on Scooby Doo saying "And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids!"

The sensationalism and shallow spin of this show reminds me of Michael Moore's documentaries: one sided, bombastic, crusading fluff designed for people who do not think critically.

Heck, Moore and Moneymaker have the same initials (MM) and even share a mild resemblance to one another.

{start rant]

All right, we get it. You don't like MM. You don't like the show. You and a lot of other people here obviously don't have a clue what goes into making a TV series. There is a lot more filming here than what you see in a 45 minute (minus commercials) show. If the producers and editors didn't make things as sensational as they could, it would be boring. Everything in TV is about ratings, so they are going to do all they can to get high rating numbers. If it means sensationalizing a few things, they'll do it. MM has already voiced his displeasure to the editors about the sensationalism, and if you had bothered to check out the relevant threads on the BFRO website, you would know that. You would also know why certain things were done the way they were if you had bothered to check out Cliff Barackman's blog. But, did you bother to do any of that? I highly doubt it. I think you will agree that one of the tenants of the scientific method is consistency. The shows, as far as I can see, with the reenactments, the "town-hall" type meetings, etc. show such consistency. There is a pattern to it. I just went through all 18 pages of this thread, and what struck me the most was not the intelligent conversations that some people were having, but all of the childish rantings from people who don't like Matt Moneymaker. I have never met the man, but I too found him a bit overbearing in the series. At least I don't post ridiculous pictures that show my lack of Photoshop skills, and imagination, and use every second of my time in my postings to let everyone know just how much I hate him and the organization, ad nauseum. I sure as heck don't see you pitching ideas for a TV show to anyone. What I do see however, is someone who has such a big chip on his shoulder, that he doesn't know when to stop criticizing, and add anything constructive.

I apologize to the mods if my post seems out of line, but I come here to read peoples' opinions about bigfooting in general ... not to read about how somebody hates somebody else and the organization they run. If you don't like somebody, fine. You don't have to use every post you write to sound off to the universe about it. The BFF is starting to look less like a research forum, and more like a "Bash the BFRO" forum.

Yeah, Yeah ... "If you don't like it here then maybe you should leave". There, I've said it for you. I frequent a LOT of BF forums (most of them, as a guest), and I'm sorry to say that I have never seen as much bashing and flaming of other forums, and individuals, as I have here.

[end rant]

If anyone wishes to discuss my frankness and/or offer me a job when I get back to Canada, please feel free to PM me. :) :)

There are plenty of other things that get bashed here. No need to stick with one thread. :lol:

I kind of enjoyed the last show. At least it got me interested enough to stop reading messages for ten minutes at a time.

Guest wudewasa

At least I don't post ridiculous pictures that show my lack of Photoshop skills, and imagination, and use every second of my time in my postings to let everyone know just how much I hate him and the organization, ad nauseum. I sure as heck don't see you pitching ideas for a TV show to anyone. What I do see however, is someone who has such a big chip on his shoulder, that he doesn't know when to stop criticizing, and add anything constructive.

The BFF is starting to look less like a research forum, and more like a "Bash the BFRO" forum.

Chris,

Thanks for your response. You are attacking no one here, and we are simply disagreeing with one another.

I can tell that you don't like my humor regarding this matter. :lol:

I have no problem with the BFRO, in fact I respect several of its members. Bart Cutino and Stan Courtney come to mind. Bobo and Cliff seem to be good guys as well. How the BFRO is managed is another story.

As far as your comment "Bash the BFRO" forum, keep in mind that most threads on the BFRO forum are deleted or locked if MM doesn't like them. His forum, his choice. Yet here on BFF, different opinions are accepted, as long as they are within the guidelines. I appreciate this immensely.

Yes, I don't like MM because of his attitude and personality, PM me for more details if you want. The "blame the editors" game is a brilliant ploy to look good and defer the cause of all problerms to someone else. This bait and switch method doesn't work on me. Perhaps MM learned these tricks when he was working on his law degree? As far as the Animal Planet show, it is "edutainment" with empty calories. The Discovery Network used to air the majority of its programs that dealt with real journalism, but has now evolved into sensationalist pablum for the train wreck enthralled masses. I tried to give "Finding Bigfoot" a shot, but it does not live up to my expectations (the ones you disagree with). Therefore, I'm finished watching the series.

As far as "pitching ideas for a TV show," Check out the thread I started on the Sasquatch Research Dream Team. If NatGeo stepped up to the plate, things might get interesting.

Have a good time back in Canada and good luck finding employment. You have a better chance of finding a job than MM has finding bigfoot with the help of the production company that he has allied himself with.

I believe the kid because Ranae did and she is pretty skeptical.

Thats the point. She's normally very skeptical. She's more stand backish judging things trying to put things into a normal reasoning/explantion, where this time she jump right in their stating I believe the kid. At least you think she be the one whom would ask mom or dad about the kids story. Maybe AP waterboarded her to follow along/be a good team player. IMHO.

Chris,

Thanks for your response. You are attacking no one here, and we are simply disagreeing with one another.

I can tell that you don't like my humor regarding this matter. :lol:

I don't mind humour. I just didn't find your comments funny.

I have no problem with the BFRO, in fact I respect several of its members. Bart Cutino and Stan Courtney come to mind. Bobo and Cliff seem to be good guys as well. How the BFRO is managed is another story.

You may have a problem with the management, but I don't think it's necessary to attack that management in almost every single post, do you?

As far as your comment "Bash the BFRO" forum, keep in mind that most threads on the BFRO forum are deleted or locked if MM doesn't like them. His forum, his choice. Yet here on BFF, different opinions are accepted, as long as they are within the guidelines. I appreciate this immensely.

I've been a member of that forum for three years, now, and I have never seen posts get locked or deleted for that reason. I'm not saying there hasn't been, just that I've never seen it. That seems to me to be a pretty strong accusation.

Yes, I don't like MM because of his attitude and personality, PM me for more details if you want. The "blame the editors" game is a brilliant ploy to look good and defer the cause of all problems to someone else. This bait and switch method doesn't work on me. Perhaps MM learned these tricks when he was working on his law degree? As far as the Animal Planet show, it is "edutainment" with empty calories. The Discovery Network used to air the majority of its programs that dealt with real journalism, but has now evolved into sensationalist pablum for the train wreck enthralled masses. I tried to give "Finding Bigfoot" a shot, but it does not live up to my expectations (the ones you disagree with). Therefore, I'm finished watching the series.

If you've got a personal problem with MM, then that's your business. I don't need to get involved in it, nor do I need to hear any of the sordid details (no offense, I try to mind my own business). In this case, "blaming the editors" is not a ploy. I've been around editors before, and believe me, a lot of them are sensationalistic idiots (especially true here in China with the 'white mentality' crap, but that's a different story for a different day). Take those NV "rigs" they wear in the FB series for example. Those were not MM's or the BFRO's idea. That idiotic brainstorm belonged to the editors. They wanted to give a "Ghostbuster-ish" feel to the program. I think even Cliff mentions in his blog about how everyone hates them and how dangerous they are to wear. I will agree that the show is "edutainment", but not with empty calories. More and more people are opening up about their sightings and sounds that they've heard because of the show. I D/L'd and played the episode where they sound-blasted that low-pitched howl for my students, and one of them actually ran out of the room in fear. It turned out that he and his father were in the Shenongjia Nature Preserve a few years ago, and they both heard that very same howl. It scared the crap out of them. Even my wife (who really didn't have an interest before) is asking me questions. Intelligent questions, about sasquatch. She's even starting to become interested. All because I started downloading and watching the programs. I will give the show credit for bringing more sightings out into the open, and making more people come to boards like this one where they can get answers to their questions.

As far as "pitching ideas for a TV show," Check out the thread I started on the Sasquatch Research Dream Team. If NatGeo stepped up to the plate, things might get interesting.

And ... you may find out that Nat Geo also likes to sensationalize (albeit maybe not so much as AP).

Have a good time back in Canada and good luck finding employment. You have a better chance of finding a job than MM has finding bigfoot with the help of the production company that he has allied himself with.

It'll be a few years yet, and besides, when you're pushing 50, employers look at you like, "We don't need any Walmart greeters, thank-you."

An "eldonkey" sighting.

I should start my own forum.

It's true.. I am still alive.. The rumors that I left my family to go on a 2 year Himalayan Yeti solo quest are false.. I did however move to Oklahoma recently, so you can start some rumors regarding that if you like..

Nice to see you are still around as well COGRIZZ..

It's true.. I am still alive.. The rumors that I left my family to go on a 2 year Himalayan Yeti solo quest are false.. I did however move to Oklahoma recently, so you can start some rumors regarding that if you like..

Nice to see you are still around as well COGRIZZ..

hope you are enjoying the heat. I wonder if birds stop chirping when bo bo enters the woods?

Guest Forbig

Chris,

I tried to give "Finding Bigfoot" a shot, but it does not live up to my expectations. Therefore, I'm finished watching the series.

You won't miss any Sunday night was the last show they have. I personally will miss it mainly because it was covering the latest sightings. I wish it would continue to run so we could get a good look at future sightings. Where else can we get this kind of witness interviewing and view of the area where it happened?

Guest Forbig

Yes the kid did look genuinely scared in my opinion. Could just be me being gullible but hey..

As for Ranea being kinda hot? Sure, if you like the Corey Haim- in Lucas kinda thing... Just kidding!

LOL, I think it's that secretary kind of look she has that gets me going. You know the ones that have their hair pulled back and look over their glasses. Get that hat off her head and fix her up a little and lookout; if she ever does a Playboy spread I'd buy it.

Edited by Forbig

LOL, I think it's that secretary kind of look she has that gets me going. You know the ones that have their hair pulled back and look over their glasses. Get that hat off her head and fix her up a little and lookout; if she ever does a Playboy spread I'd buy it.

Hahaha. I know the kind exactly! Perhaps she may appear in sn episode of biologists gone wild. Ya never know.... Anythings possible!

Guest wudewasa

Black noses...

Penntellersas.bmp

It's part of the suit used in the Sonoma footage that MM initially believed to be authentic.

The video:

The history: http://www.bigfootencounters.com/hoaxes/sonoma_footage.htm

What's next, Bobo dressing up in a bigfoot costume and mimicing all of the purported sasquatch footage available? Poor guy, those costumes get hot!

Guest wudewasa

Well, I was able to stomach the last half hour of the Alaska episode tonight, and was impressed how Bobo took control of the situation and helped the boy Osh to relax enough to lead them back the the spot of his sighting. Good on you with your compassion Bobo!

The laser grid was interesting, as it alerted the team that something was moving across the path of the beam. However, there was nothing to quantify WHAT was disrupting the light. Yes, whatever was disrupting the grid was 6 feet off the ground, but that doesn't mean that bigfoot did it.

A quick web search will show that 2 species of owls inhabit Prince of Wales Island- the snowy owl and great horned owl. Either of these large species could have tripped the laser beam while flying across the muskegs (rich in nocturnal prey items). Owls have evolved feathers that dampen the sound of flight, so the team would have difficulty hearing the sounds of these birds, which can fly over 6 feet off the ground! Why this perspective was not examined frustrates me, as it is more plausible than a sasquatch romping merrily through the muskeg.

So, I leave you with this week's demotivational image:

post-1029-059015000 1310787664_thumb.jpg