Who To Learn From

Madison5716

I have a map of my county. It has every encounter over the last 20 years or so that i could find online, plus my own stuff. It does show definite patterns.

20190703_214934.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 2

On 7/3/2019 at 6:49 PM, The Truth said:

Which researchers should be avoided, and why?

Matthew Johnson: seems like he makes things up and may be delusional

Mike Paterson (aka Sasquatch Ontario): he's getting hoaxed by the cottage owner but won't accept it and he's for sure delusional

Scott Carpenter: suffers from pareidolia

Timbergiant Bigfoot: same as Johnson and Carpenter

Tim Fasano: delusional

Tom Biscardi: a known hoaxer

Wait, Dr. J may be delusional? He is many tacos short of a fiesta.

Tim Fasano! I really don't know why but I had the urge to check in on him recently. He just cracks me up for many reasons. I feel so bad for him. At least Dr. J seems to be missing tacos out of choice.  I'm not sure Tim ever had any tacos to begin with.

Edited by Arvedis

Eh, you made me snort my coffee while laughing,  LOL. Agreed on both counts! 

I watched Dr. J once - i stopped when his friend said "I have prostate cancer and an invisible bigfoot punched me in the butt one night while camping with Dr. J and now it's in remission " or something close. I feel sorry for that dude on so many levels. 

Otoh, i look like Fasano climbing over trees also, so there's that empathy point :)

Edited by Madison5716

7 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

I have a map of my county. It has every encounter over the last 20 years or so that i could find online, plus my own stuff. It does show definite patterns.

20190703_214934.jpg

That's great. Looks like that would help for some focus areas for you. Wishing you luck!

Thanks! It's amazing when you see the clusters and commonalities - like a!omg rivers and.creeks.if there's one for On the .al, it's sort going back tbdre, especially if its a recent report. It corroborates what researchers like Reo and Mihael .merchant say - look for terrain features like water, cover and edge habitat.

Oh, and Joe Beelart. I knew I was s missing a biggee. His book is fascinating. Wish I could get up thataway for a few days and explore!

I'm also reading "The Mind of Sasquatch: And the Secret To Their Success (A Theory) by Christopher Noel. It is out-of-the-ballpark good.

Edited by Madison5716

SSR Team

IMVHO there are few that you can actually learn from, but that doesn't mean nobody.

The Olympic Project are top of my list, an absolute wealth of information can be learnt from those Guys on a wide range of topics, and most importantly for me, there's no BS at all.

Mr Randles, Corson, Ellis, Million, all top of the tree for me and I think if anyone is gonna get lucky with this subject and nail it, there's a high, high chance it's gonna be this team.

10 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

20190703_214934.jpg

Very cool Madison.

What patterns does it show in your opinion, and what County is it ?

This is Lane County, Oregon. 

It shows that nearly every encounter occurred near a water source, and here we have thousands of creeks and a dozen good sized rivers. Several creeks have numerous encounters, either sighting, vocalizations, footprints of environmental manipulation (tree breaks, twists, arches, feelers etc). The encounters happened over years of decades in the same places. 

My main research site has given me two footprint casts, hundreds of ambiguous barefoot prints in winter, a couple odd structures one amazing structure, a blobsquatch photo and a vocalization. I haven't been back in a couple of month now and I really want to. With several folks that I go squatching with, I have to negotiate where we go, lol, especially if they are driving! There's so many potential sites to explore around here. I could do this twice weekly and not run out of places. I talk about being interested in all this more openly now, and it's always surprising to me who believes, who doesn't, and who has a story. At one point, we had 11 families/singles in our apartment complex, and four of us had experiences. I'm finding that ratio generally holds true for any group of people around here. It's fascinating. People are also beginning to pass along stories to me (al a "my friend x said that while they were hiking..." ). So there is a rhyme and reason to sightings and experiences. I just have to learn to look for more subtle signs, and learn a lot more about bushcraft, animal vocalizations and tracks.

Here's my channel if you're interested.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCGcgtibIWESmOAtVZM-K88A

Edited by Madison5716

The biggest correlation I see is that people need to be around a place to experience Sasquatch and people tend to be around water ways for recreational activities.  

Im glad you are enjoying your research.  I too have found that more people than I would have thought believe they have come across BF activity but you have to get them to open up to hear about it.

1 hour ago, Madison5716 said:

.........I'm also reading "The Mind of Sasquatch: And the Secret To Their Success (A Theory) by Christopher Noel. It is out-of-the-ballpark good.

I just checked out the Amazon reviews. Looks like a very interesting read, especially his theory of the autistic link.

As an early childhood educator, I have a couple of children in the autism spectrum at my school and the differences in how they live in the world ranges from trivial to dramatic, but it's always present. I watch one of my two year olds and just wonder how his little mind works. What also fascinating me is that his classmates (all 2 year olds) know that he is different, and they are so gentle with him. They realize that this kiddo just doesn't understand the classroom rules. Two year olds know all about ruls, even if they insist the rules don't apply to themselves, lol! For instance, when we line up to go to the lunchroom, we stand on numbers. Each child seems to have the number that they like and God help the child who wants to stand anywhere else, it distressed everyone. Not one of thecares es that child X is wandering around and, for his part, Child X has no idea that the numbers are for standing on. He does however, sing the Stand In Line song while the other kids as they do it! He sings pitch perfect - at two years old! - also. He's amazing. It's like watching whole other varieties of intelligence at work. It always makes me wonder how sasquatch think, which intelligences they utilize in their lives. 

Every good educator should be somewhat knowledgeable about the different types of intelligences - kinetic, emotional, spatial etc. It makes sense to me that bigfoots prioritize and use different intelligences than us, and that a similar-to-autism way of thinking would benefit them in their solo/small family unit s in the wild. 

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 2

Thank you for that, Madison5716. It might be good input for a thread I am about to start called "Sasquatch: The Tactical Advantage" and such insights on intelligence would be welcome :) 

Just by being here over the last six years has shown me that most everyone here enjoys that entire circle of different intelligences. I think that's why it's so cool to be here to listen and learn from so many of our fine members :cool:

On 7/3/2019 at 12:58 PM, MIB said:

I don't have much interest in any of the youtube bigfooters EXCEPT a seemingly new guy, howtohunt.com, is putting up some stories that ring as reasonable.

I am skeptical of all of them for one reason or another.   I think there's something to be learned from most but you have to learn to back-filter their personal biases out to get to the value.   I'm not going to name names, some of the folks are personal friends and I'd have to bash them pretty hard to explain what to take away from each.

I think I can answer that safely.    There are 4 I suggest starting with.  In no particular order,

1) The Locals by Thom Powell

2) Enoch by Autumn Williams

3) Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science by Jeff Meldrum

4) Abominable Snowmen: Legend Come to Live by Ivan Sanderson

I think understanding each point of view is necessary to understand why we don't have proof yet.   In addition, Sanderson gives a more worldwide view as well as an older view.  

Once you're grounded via those 4, then there's a ton more reading to do.  

What I do not find useful are more "bigfoot crossed the road ahead of me" accounts.   There is nothing further to learn form those other than building a map of sightings in time / space to perhaps help focus on locations that increase the probability of having a (or another) sighting.

The hoaxers on the sasquatch detective hall of shame.   I would avoid anyone making absolute statements about what they are sure of.  I would watch out for anyone posing as a sasquatch authority.  

I learned much from my research partner of past days .. who will remain nameless.    I question much of what I learned .. needs to be verified and has not been.    I think that's a solid theme.   Get the ideas others are willing to share but don't accept them without doing your own verification.   Too many people want to be spoon fed ... they need to examine what's in the spoon when that happens.    Rather than looking to someone else for your truth, find others willing to go in search of truth with you.    Have not met you or Northwind but I believe that working together you are potentially ahead of the talking heads you are looking for.   Have faith in yourself / yourselves.  In the end, as I found with my research partner, I'm all I've truly got, the rest is fleeting.

MIB

Great post and a wealth of information. 

Thank you very much for sharing.

I agree with about everything you pointed out. 

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Thank you for that, Madison5716. It might be good input for a thread I am about to start called "Sasquatch: The Tactical Advantage" and such insights on intelligence would be welcome :) 

Here's a thought my beloved wife and I discussed this morning:

Had sasquatches tamed and used fire, they likely would have been exterminated long ago like Neanderthals, Denisovans, and perhaps others, because they would have been easier to find. By being even more primitive than Stone Age man, they have been able to hide better.

• Upvote 1