Who To Learn From

Madison5716

's ok.   The behavior really does seem to vary regionally.    I would say the more crowded they are for space, cover, water, or food resources, the seemingly  more "pushy" they are.   In my area that mostly isn't a thing.   The water is as good in the next creek as in this one, same for cover, food sources, etc, so it is not worth the risk of a hostile encounter with humans.   Other places, like Arizona and New Mexico seem to report more assertive behavior.   Likewise in the south though I don't understand that as much.    That is not to say there are no places where they get pushy in the Pac NW.   I've heard a good bit about that sort of thing in the upper CLackamas / Mollala areas.    If it were about 4-5 hours closer I'd go see for myself.   The other component of behavior is the demographics of the witness.

MIB

• Upvote 1

That’s a great point MIB. Environment and others factors are going to effect the behavior of these creatures.   Are they here for food?  Is this a nesting site?   Are they just passing thru?  What is their territorial stake?   All could determine how, and how often they respond or react to stimuli. 

The more intelligent they are the more these factors become thought out vs. instinct.   The more or less they can be predicted. 

Edited by Twist