Say you have a body. Now what?

NorthWind

BFF Patron

The soil up there is very thin over rock.   When they trenched the soil with the heavy equipment they scratched off the soil layer in those parallel lines.    They probably did more harm than good scraping off the soil.       Additionally the area on top of the mountain,  which is all of this picture,   is covered with snow about half the year.  .  So with thin soil,  and short grow season it is not exactly a fertile grow area.    The Mt St Helens tree line is only about 1000 feet above the top of Silverstar.  

Admin
30 minutes ago, BlobSquatch said:

I would get a hold of the bfro and turn the sucker and all it's trouble over to them.

That's actually a really good idea. They have media contacts that can publicize it easily.

6 hours ago, gigantor said:

That's actually a really good idea. They have media contacts that can publicize it easily.

True, but BFRO (among others) has already demonstrated some level of withholding information on some reports. What if they are of the ideology that they want to "research" the species and keep their existence mum? Would you understand and agree with that approach?

If government is actively suppressing discovery, they have surely conducted some level of study on the species secretly. Perhaps others have (or currently are) as well?

3 hours ago, Huntster said:

True, but BFRO (among others) has already demonstrated some level of withholding information on some reports. What if they are of the ideology that they want to "research" the species and keep their existence mum? Would you understand and agree with that approach?

If government is actively suppressing discovery, they have surely conducted some level of study on the species secretly. Perhaps others have (or currently are) as well?

I would agree . It seems quite practical that an organization that is profiting from the Sasquatch phenomenon would like to keep the mystery going. 

No need to kill the cash cow. 

As far as the government ,who knows what they are up to. I have had family members work for them and they are one secretive lot. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

OK then, I'd contact the closest one of you all. Get yer truck and some of your bros. I just beat up a squatch badly. He could be dead, he could be alive, I dunno Here are the coordinates, best of blessings. It's amazing what adrenaline can do. I'm going to eat lunch now.

12 hours ago, gigantor said:

I joined their website first long ago and was basically ran out.

Unless things have changed Im not so sure they would get involved with a hunter and a dead squatch.

3 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

........As far as the government ,who knows what they are up to. I have had family members work for them and they are one secretive lot. 

I was military my entire life, even as a child. Everything is a freaking secret with the feds, including mundane realities that one has to winder what the bug deal is all about.

With them it all boils down to the fact that knowledge is power, and they want every last drop of power that can possibly exist, because they simply don't want anybody else to possess it over them.

3 hours ago, BlobSquatch said:

OK then, I'd contact the closest one of you all. Get yer truck and some of your bros. I just beat up a squatch badly. He could be dead, he could be alive, I dunno Here are the coordinates, best of blessings. It's amazing what adrenaline can do. I'm going to eat lunch now.

LOL.......reminds me of a trick I taught my daughter when she was in high school and all the guys were after her. When they asked her for her phone number, she gave them the number for the local State Troopers detachment. There were several benefits to that truck. First, she had that very important number memorized. Secondly, it was a funny trick, and she enjoyed it immensely, as did the guys who she eventually built relationships with. Thirdly, she ended up with a career with the Troopers.........maybe just a coincidence?

So imagine if I posted that I just punched. 338 caliber hole through a sasquatch and was afraid to bring it in. One can locate the carcass at x location. Norseman has another mild heart attack trying to beat everybody else there only to find a note at the spot saying that I was just kidding. 

It would be a cheap, easy hoax for those who enjoy that kind of cheap thrill. I certainly wouldn't bite that bait.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:35 PM, bipedalist said:

Multiplied by thousands maybe not so much though, ever have a butterfly splat on your windshield, lots of good fat in them thar varmints. 

A Grizzly in one day can consume about 40,000 moths. Minus what it burns collecting the fat rich moths that's about 300,000 calories a month. The article said it amounted to a third of what the bear needs.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron
7 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I would agree . It seems quite practical that an organization that is profiting from the Sasquatch phenomenon would like to keep the mystery going. 

No need to kill the cash cow. 

As far as the government ,who knows what they are up to. I have had family members work for them and they are one secretive lot. 

The BFRO expeditions are a big part of the organizations income stream.     If BF were accepted by science,   it would still be a curiosity but its habitat would be very protected.     Think permits,  BF reserves,  Wardens,  and layers of bureaucracy to protect it.   Perhaps the Forest service knows this and does not want to loose a big chunk of its budget to BF protection and management of something that is doing fine on its olwn?   

If your turned over a body to the BFRO,  Renae might show up,  declare that it cannot be a BF because that would destroy her credibility,  then send a sample off to Sykes, who would confirm it is a bear.  

Well if someone posted that they had killed a BF on this website or others with the location,  we would probably know for sure if the government is interested.     I would bet even money that government agents of some kind would beat any of us to look at the find.   I have proposed exactly that but whoever hangs around to see who shows up might be subject to some trumped up charge.  Perhaps everyone involved would end up in some kind of trouble.     Look at what has happened to Smedja.   If they cannot charge you for killing a BF,   they can get you for poaching bear.  

Edited by SWWASAS

41 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

..........Look at what has happened to Smedja.   If they cannot charge you for killing a BF,   they can get you for poaching bear.  

Or if they don't want to charge you for killing a bigfoot, they'll charge you for poaching a bear, because what else could it be, right? Then they'll make a deal with you to keep it out of the consideration of a jury, who they'd pick from a pool of skeptics, anyway.

Edited by Huntster

55 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

then send a sample off to Sykes, who would confirm it is a bear.  

The real question is: Would he be allowed to announce it. Or anyone else for that matter. It's why I think the REAL story with the nest finds in the Olympic Peninsula is yet to be told. We may never know. As you can see I still have issues with just how that whole thing went down last Summer and Fall- including the methodology of how the E-DNA results were announced. There's something not quite right about that whole affair about that. I think the Olympic Project has until next May 2020 to finish up researching the area before the timber harvesting begins.

Unless you lawyer up and really cover you a** up then all the credit will be going to the BFRO by telling them you have a body. Either way the Gov is going after the body and you or who ever recovered the body will be silenced. You will be ridiculed and your family will be torn apart and your life will be a living H*ll. Sooner or later you will be asking your self  " how the hell did I get my self into this mess and what can I do to get out of it". You will look back and say to your self was it really worth it. Your life will mean nothing to no one . You might even be  lower then a fly that lands on sh*t cause the Gov will make sure of it. It is not worth it .  I am not trying to be confrontational just really trying to be open minded . 

If one was to shoot or even find a body then one should just stay silent about it. One should not speak a word about what they did or found. Keep their findings to them selves and send what they have with out saying a word to what it is to labs they can trust. Do not even suggest to these labs what you have found or killed  and use an alias. stay off the grid  so that you may find the results with out being spotted on who you are. Use every procedure possible so that the samples  may not be contaminated and cover your A** so that you may not be prosecuted . Hold onto your findings as long as you can and not be quick to release until all the labs have returned there results .When ready then release to the media you trust the most with the results and a lawyer on hand.

11 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

Unless you lawyer up and really cover you a** up then all the credit will be going to the BFRO by telling them you have a body. Either way the Gov is going after the body and you or who ever recovered the body will be silenced. You will be ridiculed and your family will be torn apart and your life will be a living H*ll. Sooner or later you will be asking your self  " how the hell did I get my self into this mess and what can I do to get out of it". You will look back and say to your self was it really worth it. Your life will mean nothing to no one . You might even be  lower then a fly that lands on sh*t cause the Gov will make sure of it. It is not worth it .  I am not trying to be confrontational just really trying to be open minded . 

If one was to shoot or even find a body then one should just stay silent about it. One should not speak a word about what they did or found. Keep their findings to them selves and send what they have with out saying a word to what it is to labs they can trust. Do not even suggest to these labs what you have found or killed  and use an alias. stay off the grid  so that you may find the results with out being spotted on who you are. Use every procedure possible so that the samples  may not be contaminated and cover your A** so that you may not be prosecuted . Hold onto your findings as long as you can and not be quick to release until all the labs have returned there results .When ready then release to the media you trust the most with the results and a lawyer on hand.

So not only do we have to kill one, we have to learn to be Jason Bourne as well?

@hiflier - take notes if this stuff isn't in your current fiction novel.