Sasquatch: The Tactical Advantage

hiflier

37 minutes ago, Huntster said:

My son is "developmentally disabled".........when I was young, it was called "mental retardation". The liberals keep changing the name of the disorder because other "retards" use the designation as a weapon against others. Before "mental retardation" it was "idiot". Before that it was something else. Etc.

He has an IQ of about 57. To give you an idea of severity, the U.S. military will not accept anybody with an IQ below 85. He has great difficulty understanding many simple things. Rote behaviors are his mainstay. 

But, amazingly, he has great strengths. They are mostly what I would call spiritual. He has an incredible ability to discern right from wrong. Of course, if you tried to trick him with discussions of morals, he would get lost, but it would be difficult to get him to actually wrong somebody. 

And by watching sports on TV, participating in Special Olympics, and going to our minor league ball games, he has almost all sports pretty much covered......in great detail, including the name of the guy who pitched the no hitter in a particular game seven years ago on the other side of the continent.

Autism is an interesting thing. I can't even call it a disorder. It's a different plane.

I believe Madison understands that sasquatches have a completely different thinking focus than we do. They have no use for even simple mathematics, reading, or the scientific method. But when it comes to living in the Garden of Eden, which is right outside our door ("The Kingdom of God is at hand!"), sasquatches can "do it in the dark" where all of us are pretty much out of our element.

My uncle was damaged by forceps at birth in the mid-50s. He is mentally retarded. He was supposed to live 10-15 years. He's here today and cannot wipe his own butt (his 98 and 94 year old mom and dad still do that day to day), but he taught himself how to read by being obsessed with the daily newspaper and CCTV.

We can't explain it...but he did it. He hates three things: crayons, the piano and green beans.

All three literally make him gag. We can explain everything but the green beans.

42 minutes ago, Huntster said:

My son is "developmentally disabled".........when I was young, it was called "mental retardation". The liberals keep changing the name of the disorder because other "retards" use the designation as a weapon against others. Before "mental retardation" it was "idiot". Before that it was something else. Etc.

He has an IQ of about 57. To give you an idea of severity, the U.S. military will not accept anybody with an IQ below 85. He has great difficulty understanding many simple things. Rote behaviors are his mainstay. 

But, amazingly, he has great strengths. They are mostly what I would call spiritual. He has an incredible ability to discern right from wrong. Of course, if you tried to trick him with discussions of morals, he would get lost, but it would be difficult to get him to actually wrong somebody. 

And by watching sports on TV, participating in Special Olympics, and going to our minor league ball games, he has almost all sports pretty much covered......in great detail, including the name of the guy who pitched the no hitter in a particular game seven years ago on the other side of the continent.

Autism is an interesting thing. I can't even call it a disorder. It's a different plane.

I believe Madison understands that sasquatches have a completely different thinking focus than we do. They have no use for even simple mathematics, reading, or the scientific method. But when it comes to living in the Garden of Eden, which is right outside our door ("The Kingdom of God is at hand!"), sasquatches can "do it in the dark" where all of us are pretty much out of our element.

And thank you for sharing. Much love and positive thoughts coming your way. It is not easy, but they are a blessing.

• Upvote 1

I think having something similar in your Bushcraft "toolbox" might explain some of their apparent forest ninja skills, no magic at all involved or necessary. Just a very different focus and skilled that perfectly suits them to their environment. 

Fascinating read! Norseman, I don't know how you consistently find these spot on, perfect links, but that was very good!

Edited by Madison5716

8 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

I think having something similar in your Bushcraft "toolbox" might explain some of their apparent forest ninja skills, no magic at all involved or necessary. Just a very different focus and skilled that perfectly suits them to their environment. 

Fascinating read! Norseman, I don't know how you consistently find these spot on, perfect links, but that was very good!

He is Youtistic.

Edited by NatFoot
  • Haha 1