Bigfoot Threat Displays

Madison5716

Strangely, after watching Bigfoot Tonys analysis, I was thinking that I had seen this kind of behaviour in another video. That arm lifting, dust/pebble throwing seems to be something that great apes indulge in.

WoodWose, awesome video! You're right. Very cool.

ALso, those ground slaps sound like knocking a bit. Huh. Thanks for posting!

• Like 1

Guest Dobee Gimino

No threat display from bigfoots I saw. One ran away and one just stood there. But that's interesting. 

I have not seen a threat display.    Of the 2 I saw, one fled once seen (my impression was it was not afraid of me, it was afraid *mom* might find out it'd been seen, just an anthropomorphic interpretation of body language) and the other ignored me entirely.    In the instances there was a bluff (not truly a threat, but perhaps adequately so for those with limited bowel / bladder control to label it threatening) the BF was not seen.   I find those data points interesting,.

MIB

Didn't Justin Smega say that the animal he supposedly shot, was waving its arms?

I've read at least two other sightings that had arm waving, as part of the description of the sighting.

Perhaps its a thing?

Yes, he did say that.   I don't think he believed it was a threat.    I didn't get the idea he felt scared, he felt unsettled by the appearance of a "monster", not by a belief he was threatened by it.     I got the sense it was trying to draw his attention to it .. which makes sense if it was a parent of the 2 little ones he saw after shooting the big one.   Ever watch kildeer strategies drawing attention away from their nest?

MIB

• Like 1

Smeja said he didn't know what it was but he shot it anyway. His fiend who was spotting said not to shoot "guy in a suit."  Then, he didn't know why he shot the juvenile but he did anyway.

would be good to know what the arm waving was intended for.  Hard to put it into context without knowing the specifics.

There's a report in John Green's database where a BF was following (not really running after) two young men while waving its arms. Almost like herding or trying to intimidate them? One of the young men turned around and shot it with w 30:06 and the creature went down on one knee with an "unhh" and then left the trail by going down a slope.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, hiflier said:

There's a report in John Green's database where a BF was following (not really running after) two young men while waving its arms. Almost like herding or trying to intimidate them? One of the young men turned around and shot it with w 30:06 and the creature went down on one knee with an "unhh" and then left the trail by going down a slope.

Sort of like the biggest dude in the unit in any army movie? 😋

I did have a young one wave it's arms at me. But I just never considered it a threat since there were three others one's behind me that were knocking that I did consider a threat. It was enough to make me leave my ground blind and walk across where the young one was waving it's arms. I just did not feel comfortable and felt that sense of dread. Very strange feeling to have when you hear these knocks coming from different directions.

The other threat display that I felt from them was one of them growling at me. Both incidents happened at dusk and at a time when deer were on a move. I just happen to be in the wrong place at the right time. 

29 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Sort of like the biggest dude in the unit in any army movie? 😋

Yeah, LOL, sorta like that. :) 

4 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Yeah, LOL, sorta like that. :) 

Would be a helluva sight....just like the supposed one where they pulled up on an old egg pile at a chicken farm and several were all digging through and feeding on the pile. Not sure you'd ever go back in the woods at night, or ever.

I always thought it was so spooky going in before daylight and that was in WV. Can't imagine the same out west.