Sign in to follow this  
Arvedis

PGF: Additional Footage

Arvedis

I have not dug through all of the threads on this section to confirm. Has anyone posted the clip of additional PGF footage? This shows filming of the area and Bob riding his horse and leading a pack animal. You get a much broader visual of the area, the clearing, and where Patty jumped up and seemed to make her way casually but surely out off range.

We're so used to analyzing the walk and the turn and the anatomy that I know I lost sight of the bigger picture of this event over time.

I'll dig out the clip. I noticed some enormous fallen trees that appear to block a creek area where Patty was.. I am wondering if those fallen trees was from logging. I can't imagine it would be deadfall. I also recall other reports from the months prior to the event that known BF activity in the area included lots of tree snapping. Those trees are huge though and you can see how huge they are in comparison to Patty.

Backdoc
Posted (edited)

Arvedi

The creek bed looked the way it did due to a major area wash out which came through the area of bluff creek a couple years earlier in massive historic flooding.  It is also true there were logging crews in the area of bluff creek.  Lyle Loverty had a crew of 4 going out each day to cut trees in the area.  When word came the PGF encounter happened it was Loverty who went back to the site, discovered tracks he had not previously noticed just the day before in that area, and took still photos of the tracks.   Many of those logs laying there were likely from the wash out of the flooding a couple years earlier.

The actaul film site has been rediscovered by a team of hard working adventurists some of whom are members here on the BFF.   The site now has changed in many ways but major landmarks still remain.  The area where Roger first starts to shoot the PGF bigfoot encounter is actually 6-8 foot higher back in 1967 than the creek bed today.  The creek bed has dropped 6-8 feet or more in many spots.  That sandbar dropped over the years due to slow erosion of the sandbar after 1967.

Edited by Backdoc

OldMort
Posted (edited)

This is some drone footage filmed by the Bluff Creek Project folks that retraces P and G's route up Bluff Creek.

The first reel scenic footage was filmed at the area of "the slide." It is mainly filled in with new growth these days but is still unmistakable.

Also visible are the area of Roger and Bob's campsite as well as the film site location itself.

Make sure you play this in HD - its quite lovely.

Edited by OldMort
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this