Relict Hominiod Theory - Russian Researchers

Arvedis

28 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Indeed. Perhaps the trip was Meldrum's first chance to meet Morehead, and he wanted to ask him why he had never been invited to the camp? 

I remember reading Meldrum express his suspicions when he met Paul Freeman for the first time on a whim of his own, and then have Freeman ask him if he wanted to see some fresh tracks that he had found that very morning. But he found the tracks very convincing. I would have thought that Meldrum would have offered Freeman the moon if he would guide the kind professor to a sasquatch. 

All Meldrum had to do was to tell the organizer or Burtsev to send him photos. Hard to believe but not everyone had smartphones in 2011. Maybe the habit of snapping pics hadn't sunk in yet. Brings to mind another unrelated interaction between Bayanov and Bob Gimlin for some event that turned out to be a waste of Bob's time.

I'm sure Meldrum and Morehead knew each other before that event.

• Upvote 1

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:34 PM, Arvedis said:

Sounds like this Russia trip was some tourist event. Probably would have been useful for Meldrum to have sniffed that out beforehand. Long trip for no gain.

Who paid for it?

On 7/20/2019 at 3:28 PM, hiflier said:

Who paid for it?

I didn't see that mentioned anywhere. Maybe the Russians paid for it. It wasn't just Meldrum. They brought other people over in addition to Bindernagel and Morehead.

Maybe it was one of those "send us your receipts and we'll reimburse you" trips. 

• Upvote 1

Could very well be. You did mention that there was an organization involved in putting everything together so maybe the funding was through that. Thanks for responding :) 

I think the sponsor was the University where Burtsev works in Russia though the event took place in southern Siberia. Like a lot of Russia, it is heavily forested and plenty of almasty sightings but no proof. Burtsev has been trying to attract researchers there for years so perhaps he has a budget for "name" invitees.

• 3 weeks later...

I was cleaning out some old bookmarks and found the photos I recall seeing when the event was newsworthy in 2011.

"The group was told the cave was a probable yeti habitation. Inside the cave, Meldrum notes that “right on cue”, isolated footprints and a “nest” were pointed out by their hosts. Meldrum’s impression was that the “evidence” looked more like a staged event. Only right foot impressions were found, not a trackway as would be expected. His remark about the creature “playing hopscotch?” made it into the local press reports. The print had uncharacteristic pressure ridges that Meldrum described as consistent with that made from a rigid wooden imprint."

Here is the faux print that Meldrum went to Siberia to investigate and the "nest." Meldrum asked Dr. Burtsev, if the nest was legit, why would he climb into it and destroy any potential evidence?

birthing1.jpg

birthing2.jpg

birthing3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Arvedis said:

Looks like a 4 foot tall hominid.  From what I recall there are a few strains of Australopithecus. Not seeing the connection here.

BF features....... Eye width, nose not your typical ape nose..... 

All could be pointing to a relic......  

6 hours ago, Franco said:

BF features....... Eye width, nose not your typical ape nose..... 

All could be pointing to a relic......  

I'm not a paleontologist but I think an extinct hominid is unique from a Relict. A Relict has survived to the present. Most hominids did not. Also, the size of the skull in the article is very small. Millions of years is enough to evolve but that would be evolution on steroids to become BF.

Edited by Arvedis

• 1 year later...

Didn't find any recent threads on this video from 2014.  Found this clip while searching for a national geographic segment. I think it is from a show former boxer Nikolai Valuev was part of, along with (of course) Igor Burtsev. The third guy is Dr. Mark Evans, a veterinarian nat geo investigator. It is definitely an intriguing clip. Like all vids, seems like it would be easy to hoax until you start putting the pieces together. The kids are laughing as the team sees the clip for the first time but that may be nervous laughter. They were 11-12 years old at the time.  More analysis: https://siberiantimes.com/weird-and-wonderful/news-and-features/news/yeti-sighting-in-siberia-claims-russian-expert/

• 1 month later...

The Russians in total have gathered a ton of field data and descriptions.  You have some of it here, posted.  Some of their hairy men are very different from Sasquatch and, as Bryan Sykes pointed out, may be a race of humans.  If they are different from those of the New World we are comparing apples and oranges.

• 1 month later...

A very interesting trailer for an Igor Burtsev documentary. I had always wondered about his life in Russia. Turns out there is a lot more to him.

"My Friend Yeti ′′ will be at the VII International Doker Film Festival, June 25 2021 in Moscow.

"The figure of the main character is very ambiguous. The film shows the attitude of his family and colleagues towards his pursuit of the snowman. Does the snowman prevent him from living? Multiple marriages, unable to take care of anyone other than himself, leaving two families for an ephemeral surge of purpose... Is it an indicator of mental laziness? Or is it the opposite, his salvation? Interest and excitement, that gives him vitality in his later years."

Edited by Arvedis
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

Next week in eastern WA, maybe Igor's documentary will be previewed to U.S. audiences?  It says only the trailer will be shown but why would they do that if it is already on YouTube?  [see post above for the trailer]

This is a "psychic sasquatch" type of event so the talk will likely cover different ground than he may cover at other conferences.

The image at the lower right of the flyer seems to possibly resemble the Greg image with Rastafarian dreadlocks from a different angle. 

200855242_10219863752444707_8327716532132799741_n.jpg

Edited by Arvedis
  • Downvote 1

• Arvedis changed the title to Relict Hominiod Theory - Russian Researchers