Sasquatch and Civic Duty

Show Me Bigfoot

8 hours ago, norseman said:

And yet the Bigfoot community wants answers, right? Science deals in physical evidence. Not plaster casts, stories, photos, video, etc.

If it feels too weird to shoot one? Don’t shoot one! But instead of ostracising people who can? Get involved in other ways. Reports, maps, patterns, etc.

Kathy Strain is NOT going to shoot one! But she rolls up her sleeves and helps out in other ways. Which I find is commendable.

As a hunter I don’t hunt Gorillas, Chimps, Orangs or even Baboons.... if someone paid fer the trip I wouldn’t go. I enjoy primates.  My motivation is not fer a trophy or ego or money or fame. It’s fer recognition of the species and it’s protection.

We all want the same thing. We only disagree on how to get there. 

I'm  not ostracising anyone who thinks it's the best way to produce evidence I just find it hard to understand the statement you wrote on it's protection ?

In my opinion  logging companies are bound by federal laws that do protect forests on what they can cut , how they can can cut and to replant . 

If anything wild fires would be any animals biggest threat which really has no  bearing on classifying something as protected . That has more to do with dry weather , lighting , careless campers etc.. I've hunted my self also , killed many of whitetails so I'm no peta type by far it's just killing something like a bigfoot is on another level if it's looking you in the eye

standing up right just like you and I. i know you say you would pull the trigger when you have one in your  cross hairs  but you might decide not to pull that trigger also.

It happpens

're 

1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

I'm  not ostracising anyone who thinks it's the best way to produce evidence I just find it hard to understand the statement you wrote on it's protection ?

In my opinion  logging companies are bound by federal laws that do protect forests on what they can cut , how they can can cut and to replant . 

If anything wild fires would be any animals biggest threat which really has no  bearing on classifying something as protected . That has more to do with dry weather , lighting , careless campers etc.. I've hunted my self also , killed many of whitetails so I'm no peta type by far it's just killing something like a bigfoot is on another level if it's looking you in the eye

standing up right just like you and I. i know you say you would pull the trigger when you have one in your  cross hairs  but you might decide not to pull that trigger also.

It happpens

're 

Noel is ostracising people, not you.

Why do you find it hard to understand? Environmental Impact Assessments are based on the known flora and fauna of the area. Logging is only one such activity that needs a EA on federal lands. Mining, Road building, Dam building, Cell phone tower construction plus recreational activities, campgrounds, boat launches, trail heads, etc. it’s extensive.

I.e. Pac NW native salmon runs are something like 95% extinct. Mostly from dam building. That has nothing to do with logging. But could have the potential to adversely affect something like Sasquatch, yes? So is Sasquatch considered in this decision making process? Absolutely not. Neither are Unicorns, Pixies and Trolls!

It happens, yes. People lose their nerve. And each time that a type specimen is not procured? Means another week, year or decade that Sasquatch remains a cryptid with no voice in its future.

Imagine if you will, if Bob Gimlin had shot Patty in 67? The species would have been recognized for over 50 years by now. Imagine what a different world we would be living in today?

I really never thought about dam building very good point on that . I don't know if it's hunters that lost their nerve really. If we are to believe the interviews of  the few that had them in their sights it had more to feeling like they were about to kill something human looking that wasn't posing a threat to them. It was just standing there looking at them or just walking away.

35 minutes ago, norseman said:

Imagine if you will, if Bob Gimlin had shot Patty in 67? The species would have been recognized for over 50 years by now. Imagine what a different world we would be living in today?

It would be a different world but that would be a hard film to watch if he shot her as she was walking away.

I personally don't believe a dead BF is going to help as I feel those in power have/had plenty of specimens.  I reason that just as I reason they exist based on circumstantial evidence and testimony.  Comb through the links on Show Me Bigfoot as I have and you'll find plenty of fingers pointing to this.  Can I be wrong?  **** right!  Equally we could all be chasing unicorns. 

Throughout my years I've heard countless stories of special teams that remove and clean areas and afterward "debrief" the victims.  While not a BF incident the LBL story is perfect evidence of this.  So you kill a BF and parade it through town with the media in tow.  Next thing you know you're a hoaxer and your family and finances are in ruins.  Seems to be how it works. 

To be clear, I'm not trying to sway or change any minds in this forum.  Just wanted to let you know my stance and why on "kill vs no-kill".

54 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

I really never thought about dam building very good point on that . I don't know if it's hunters that lost their nerve really. If we are to believe the interviews of  the few that had them in their sights it had more to feeling like they were about to kill something human looking that wasn't posing a threat to them. It was just standing there looking at them or just walking away.

It would be a different world but that would be a hard film to watch if he shot her as she was walking away.

While not something that can be proven MK Davis seem to have evidence that a juvenile (maybe more) was shot during that time and marked Bob as one of the shooters.  This mostly came out on a Dee Doss interview with MK on the BDRP.  Certainly look that one up and watch it.

1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

Feelings and emotions. While admirable, it’s just not the foundation of how human understanding of the natural world works.

Physical evidence is how it works.

Until Sasquatch takes its place in a museum somewhere? It doesn’t exist.

CFCA87D1-2E47-4096-9230-9C1ABFAF0426.jpeg

D91AF2DF-432C-456F-B9E1-3E4095F82BB8.jpeg

A44F9F9B-D6F8-4E4C-895A-664BECBDBD4A.jpeg

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Twist said:

Is there not a little irony in defending the shooting of a BF to a user with the screen name 7.62? Lol 

Shhhhhh......

844E200D-372A-46B1-8ABC-44E28B0E540C.jpeg

Through the years, interacting with plenty of pro kill folks, they all say their goal is to have BF confirmed by science. It's so ironic that it takes Bigfoot to get people interested in education. I am certain that reasoning is just an excuse to get the mystery out of their head. If only these people understood the world of academics and how little BF means. As if it would be anything more than a trending news article or "viral" sensation. Then bleep, its 15 minutes of fame are up. But of course the proof of its existence solves a mystery for people, as if it's an important life mission.

The real reason pro kill bigmouths want a dead BF is for you. You want closure. It's all about your motives. When was the last time you were in a museum? Do you really think you know anything about science reading wikipedia and watching YouTube? The argument is laughable but I just play along because I enjoy watching the chase.

Norseman, you've been saying this 

"My motivation is not fer a trophy or ego or money or fame. It’s fer recognition of the species and it’s protection."  for so long you ARE famous for it! Lol

I

gigantor as a former zookeeper I'm not so sure about keeping Bigfoot in a zoo...

I can't recall the title, but there's a short novel about a Bigfoot that is,caught rampaging through an orchid farm in the Far north..(the plants are in greenhouses) 

It doesn't paint too pretty a picture of Bigfoot in captivity.....

Edited by guyzonthropus

I totally get why the "Pro-Kill" camp justifies a dead specimen and have no argument for that.  However, no one touches on all the testimony confirming "those in power" have specimens (dead/alive) in their possession making it irrelevant to kill a Bigfoot; unless you discount that testimony. 

3 hours ago, Arvedis said:

The real reason pro kill bigmouths want a dead BF is for you. You want closure. It's all about your motives. When was the last time you were in a museum? Do you really think you know anything about science reading wikipedia and watching YouTube? The argument is laughable but I just play along because I enjoy watching the chase.

Thats just like your opinion man....

- The Dude

Edited by Twist
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Twist said:

Thats just like your opinion man....

- The Dude

I would love to smoke a doobie with BF. :smoke:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arvedis said:

I would love to smoke a doobie with BF. :smoke:

If you were in Missouri you might have a chance.  Early Sunday morning Shane Carpenter (Ozark Mountain Sasquatch) walked within 7 feet of one in the dark.  He has an investigation site he calls the 400 and he and a couple members of his group spent the weekend on site.  They caught one on flir laying belly down popping its head up and down peeking from behind a big clump of grass and they guided Shane via the flir and voice command (in starlight) to the Squatch until he reached his comfort zone. 

As soon as he got there he hit it with the light, but its eyes glowed so bright he couldn't see the body through the grass.  It peeked its head to the left of the grass and Shane move the light with it, but it freaked and clacked his teeth at him.  About the same time another one (out of site) threw a rock at Shane.  He then decided to back off walking backwards a good ways before giving it his back!  They kept the flir on it the whole time and it did not leave or get up.  They left as soon as Shane was back in the side-by-side to give it space.  In another area years before he rushed one too quick and it shut down all activity.

There was also one or two back at their camp going through their stuff while they were gone.  They got that on the parabolic mic.  This was all captured on flir both him and the Squatches head moving up and down and will be on his second Documentary of the 400.  His first doc should be coming out soon.

As soon as he got back to Springfield he did an interview with Poorboys Paranormal Podcast (new channel).  Look on the "P" page of my site for the link.  The only problem Bukwas, doobies ain't legal in Missouri yet. :)

Look for Shane's links under "O", Ozark Mountain Sasquatch. 

5 hours ago, guyzonthropus said:

I'm not so sure about keeping Bigfoot in a zoo...

This is EXACTLY how things got stated with Planet of the Apes. We all know how that turned out. Don't say I didn't warn anybody.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Haha 1