Whistler

A Bigfoot in Kentucky Mountains? Reported audio evidence. July 12th.

Whistler

This one sounds pretty freakin eerie, and I haven’t seen it posted & talked about before on here. Anyone know more about it & what do y’all think? 

Cheers!

Possible Bigfoot Vocalizations In Kentucky...

• Upvote 3

Carnivore

There seems to be an ever-growing collection of sounds like this from various parts of North America. There never is any sort of agreement or proof of what is making the sounds which further adds to the intrigue. I wish the guy would have stopped talking so much and just recorded, though. Regardless, he did manage to capture some pretty good audio considering it was recorded on his cell phone. If I heard something making sounds like that I would just stay silent and record for a little while after the last sound in an attempt to capture as much as possible.

Thanks for sharing!

gigantor

That's pretty good...

guggy.gif

Catmandoo
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Carnivore said:

There seems to be an ever-growing collection of sounds like this from various parts of North America. There never is any sort of agreement or proof of what is making the sounds which further adds to the intrigue. I wish the guy would have stopped talking so much and just recorded, though. Regardless, he did manage to capture some pretty good audio considering it was recorded on his cell phone. If I heard something making sounds like that I would just stay silent and record for a little while after the last sound in an attempt to capture as much as possible.

Thanks for sharing!

Talking over the recording is the way of you tube.

No need to be frustrated if you do not have fancy recording equipment. Most cameras these days have a 'movie mode' with audio. Should you hear that unique noise, aim and shoot. Even in total darkness, aim and shoot. You will have a time-date stamp of the vocalization. Track your events by going here:  U.S. Naval Observatory  

https://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.php

Track relative to sunrise, sunset and Moon phases. Moon phases.

I have heard vocalizations that occurred at the same exact time before sunrise for a month. I was not able to close the distance. I zigged and they zagged. They knew that I was in the area. Clever beasts.

I believe that I have heard an 800 lb canary but without embedding audio to a visual image, it is only 'unconfirmed'.

Edited by Catmandoo
spelling

norseman
9 hours ago, gigantor said:

That's pretty good...

guggy.gif

I’ve heard that before. The low moan thing.

Carnivore
7 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Talking over the recording is the way of you tube.

No need to be frustrated if you do not have fancy recording equipment. Most cameras these days have a 'movie mode' with audio. Should you hear that unique noise, aim and shoot. Even in total darkness, aim and shoot. You will have a time-date stamp of the vocalization. Track your events by going here:  U.S. Naval Observatory  

https://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.php

Track relative to sunrise, sunset and Moon phases. Moon phases.

I have heard vocalizations that occurred at the same exact time before sunrise for a month. I was not able to close the distance. I zigged and they zagged. They knew that I was in the area. Clever beasts.

I believe that I have heard an 800 lb canary but without embedding audio to a visual image, it is only 'unconfirmed'.

That's really interesting that you were able to hear the vocalization on such a regular basis. Did you ever record the sounds or were you more focused on closing the distance on what was making them? It seems like when most of these recordings come out they are someone getting lucky and capturing an infrequent occurrence. The guy in the video posted here has clearly heard those sounds numerous times now so hopefully he is able to record more vocalizations in the future. I know I would be out there recording those sounds every time I heard them.

Catmandoo

Only heard them for about a month. I have the time frame buried in my paper note files. I could only be at the location on weekends. The first set of vocalizations between 2 animals woke me up and set the time. Couple minutes before sunrise. Lasted for less than 30 seconds. After the 1st activity, I would arrive after work on Friday and set an alarm. Each weekend, I tried to move closer. I moved, they moved. Same weird building howl trailing off into a cackle, back and forth. Followed them for about a month and they went away. They were distant. I did not have good recording equipment at that time. Never identified the animals. Bear cubs and coyotes are capable of unusual noises. Never heard the same vocalizations again. Simply classified as unidentified. 

Belpherion

I know the area where this recording was made.  It sits on the south-eastern border of Kentucky and Virginia, not far from the Cumberland Gap.  As a Kentucky native, I can attest that Whitesburg is right in the middle of a network of low mountains and ravines (we call them hills and hollers).  It's a perfect area to walk into and never be seen again.  With much of Kentucky's coal industry being devastated over the last 10 years, there is much less activity in the these areas.  My job takes me to these places regularly.  The hills and mountains do funny things with sounds.  It puts you in mind of being in a sonic hall of mirrors.  The bigfoot in Kentucky are...well...unpredictable.  Not as bad as the extreme southern varieties (Texas bigfoot are 4 pounds of crazy in a 3 pound bag), but they just seem sneakier somehow and they rarely move alone.  Unpredictable behavior added to sound reflections in the hollers and it tends to make for an uncomfortable encounter.   I can understand the guy's chatty behavior.  It seemed to be his first encounter, so I'll cut him some slack. LOL 

• Upvote 1

NatFoot
13 hours ago, Belpherion said:

I know the area where this recording was made.  It sits on the south-eastern border of Kentucky and Virginia, not far from the Cumberland Gap.  As a Kentucky native, I can attest that Whitesburg is right in the middle of a network of low mountains and ravines (we call them hills and hollers).  It's a perfect area to walk into and never be seen again.  With much of Kentucky's coal industry being devastated over the last 10 years, there is much less activity in the these areas.  My job takes me to these places regularly.  The hills and mountains do funny things with sounds.  It puts you in mind of being in a sonic hall of mirrors.  The bigfoot in Kentucky are...well...unpredictable.  Not as bad as the extreme southern varieties (Texas bigfoot are 4 pounds of crazy in a 3 pound bag), but they just seem sneakier somehow and they rarely move alone.  Unpredictable behavior added to sound reflections in the hollers and it tends to make for an uncomfortable encounter.   I can understand the guy's chatty behavior.  It seemed to be his first encounter, so I'll cut him some slack. LOL 

Do you have personal experience interacting / being around them?

Asking as a WVian.

Belpherion
8 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Do you have personal experience interacting / being around them?

Asking as a WVian.

Yes.  I've had 4 encounters in my life.  Once as a child, once as a teenager, and twice as an adult.  I saw one behind my grandparent's house when I was 8.  Myself (18) and 6 others heard calls while camping in Boone National Forest.  I found several tracks along a tributary to the Elkhorn Creek in Franklin County while solo hiking when I was 20.  I saw one in 1997 while doing an environmental survey for a road widening project down near Harlan at Stone Mountain.  Have you tried around the East Lynn Lake Wildlife Management Area or a smidge west toward Genoa?  

• Upvote 1

NatFoot

Thanks. I should've clarified that WV is mine and my family's "home", the Charleston/Sissonville area - I do not still there. Unfortunately, I'm up in the NE now.

Belpherion
1 hour ago, NatFoot said:

Thanks. I should've clarified that WV is mine and my family's "home", the Charleston/Sissonville area - I do not still there. Unfortunately, I'm up in the NE now.

I had an uncle that used to live in Manassas, VA and we would regularly travel through WV along I-64.  I should also clarify that I only mentioned my class A experiences in KY.  I've had  7 encounters that are class B encounters in KY over the span of my life.  I've had other encounters in TX, TN, GA, OH, and FL. 

I've not done any investigations in the NE.  Do you get much activity in your parts?  Maybe along the Appalachian Trail for instance (if you are anywhere near it)? 

NatFoot

I don't get out nearly as much here as I did in CO. Harder here and I'm close to the NYC area. Although there are a couple recent reports within 30-45 minutes of where I live now.

TritonTr196

Parts of Kentucky has Bigfoot in them. It's where we had our first encounter back in 1988. It wasn't a nice encounter nor did we have a clue what was doing it. It's still very active and we've done our last few camping research videos of some secret spots in Kentucky and we just devoted two episodes of our live video streaming podcast to the spot that was investigated recently. Mean ones in Tennessee and Kentucky. Most are intimidating encounters in these areas.

• Upvote 2

RedHawk454

so two audio recording in the video, when you start the video go to the 1:30 mark to save yourself from the human gibberish and screeon-0-matic nonsense.

honestly its interesting but so inconclusive 

kindof sounded like a siren, which I know the BiGFo0T's can make