Does BF "bark"?

NorthWind

I just heard this, the clip is only 18 seconds long. But the sound that was recorded sounds almost identical to what we recorded!

Unfortunately, southernyahoo, I think this video was debunked as a hoax. If I'm remembering correctly, the second half of the video was the neighbor messing with him after he found the game cam. When the man asked him how he managed to scream so loud in the beginning of the video, turns out that the hoaxer had no idea what he was talking about and didn't do the first set of screams, but confessed to the second set of grunts and barks. 

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

I'd have to review what evidence there was for a hoax. There can be all sorts of aftermath when compelling evidence arises, including fake debunking and misinformation.  One of the other vocalizations in the recording is an exact match to one I recorded 7 years prior to this video, so I know some of them are from a creature that lives in the wild, and my recording was not likely known to this guys neighbor. I've heard other captures of a bark in the MRP recordings from Michigan.  My thoughts are that a hoaxer wouldn't likely come up with so many different vocals , including a whoop if he was just a neighbor trying to mess with him. My thoughts are that BF undoubtedly spends time around canines, and they adopt certain vocals and behaviors as a means to manipulate or cooperate with other wildlife.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, southernyahoo said:

...One of the other vocalizations in the recording is an exact match to one I recorded 7 years prior to this video, so I know some of them are from a creature that lives in the wild, and my recording was not likely known to this guys neighbor....

Southernyahoo, I'd be interested in hearing what you recorded. Does it sound like the barks I recorded?

2 hours ago, NorthWind said:

Southernyahoo, I'd be interested in hearing what you recorded. Does it sound like the barks I recorded?

I've recorded some  barks in the past but they weren't suspect really. The ones I have suspicions of being bf are in other people's recordings based on other associated vocals I've recorded and match up with theirs. There is a vocal at 3:19 in the video I posted that matches one of mine.  

• Upvote 1

Bigfoothunter, who hasn't posted here in a while, has an interesting story, with a local lumber camp watchman as additional witness, about barks heard on the shore of Twentymile Bay, on Harrison Lake, coming from the direction of Long Island, which is about 750m offshore. The incident happened after sunset, and the remarkable thing he mentions is the very deep timbre of the barks. When he eventually barked in response, he was answered by a growl so deep in tone the he could feel it in his chest. Great story to hear him tell, but no visual to match to it. The island from which the sounds came has a number of encounters and sightings, some in John Green's files, and some in Thomas Steenburg's records. 

Sometimes when we are out there, I wonder if I really want to find what we're looking for! We were really far out there this past weekend. 

^^^^ Be careful what you look for, IT just might find YOU.  :):)

MIB

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, southernyahoo said:

Northwind, Go to this page and listen to the #5 clip titled whoops.  The first whoop might be similar to what you heard. It has sort of a double resonance.

http://www.texlaresearch.com/unknownrecordings.htm

Sounds a bit different than what we recorded, but I thank you for looking! Really spooky. If it wasn't a BF or several of them, I have no idea.