Does BF "bark"?

NorthWind

Oh cool, I think that's it, as fox didn't seem quite right. Plenty of them around there. It was followed by heavy footsteps. ;)

• 1 month later...

They are known to mimic animal sounds; so, there is a chance they could mimic a barking dog.  One thing noted with them is growling.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

He growls; I've heard it.  Its to intimidate.  They are said to mimic different animal sounds, including repeating back what they've heard people say; so, I would say its possible for them to mimic a bark.  I've never heard of them doing so though.

BFF Patron

I have heard them growl and whoop.      The whoop sounds very much like it could have been produced by a human and does not sound bark like at all.  

• Upvote 1

never heard them bark. Have heard them whoop and do that low growl. Have also heard them mimic owls which is pretty cool. Since they will try communicate with you using the owl call. Except they do not sound exactly like the owl and you can tell. Have heard them sound like coyotes. Those times that I have heard them sound like coyotes I actually believe  that they were running with the coyotes. At the time that I heard them .I really believe that the coyotes and them ran together or either worked together. I still have this impression about them.  Now again that this is just my opinion and that I am just speculating.  I never really went looking for the proof of what I am saying. Since I actually had encounters with these creatures in northern Michigan and Lower Michigan.

The other noises that I have heard that were strange I would say sounded more like pig noises. Yet I never encountered  not a single feral  pig nor did I ever see any sign of feral pigs of where I was hunting. 

@Incorrigible1

Yes, that's pretty funny since that sounds about right. Rich Little of the woods. Nice name for them.:rolleyes:

Reminds me of the stories of an ongoing activity where the lady of the house would feed the chickens yelling here chickie chickie. When the husband came home one night he got out to deal with the gate and heres a deep voice just in side the shadows saying here chickie chickie. That would creep me out. It does creep me out.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1