What's the best Bigfoot photo or video you've seen recently?

OkieFoot

Celtic Raider, to my knowledge the only backstory for the Union County video is what appeared on the video at the start. Supposedly a cattle rancher identified as John P. was investigating missing livestock on his ranch. 

If the whole thing was a hoax the cattle rancher had to be in on it for the hoaxers to have access to his ranch. My dad raised some cattle for years and I've met some people he knew that also raised cattle. And I have a relative in western Oklahoma that raises quite a few cattle and I've met one or two of his cattle ranching friends. They just don't impress me as the type to join in on a Bigfoot hoax.

The other hoax option is the hoax group chose to trespass onto John P.'s cattle ranch to film their hoax. As I said before, that would mean going over barb wire fences and also possibly getting caught.  

It would have nice to have seen a person in the same spot as the figure to compare heights. Bigfoot Tony has analyzed other videos (he's analyzed the Skunk Ape video) before but I don't think he's looked at this one.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2019 at 7:34 PM, Bigfoot Gumbo said:

Shelly, I was thinking of the same video Bigfoot Breaking Tree

I think a human would have a hard time breaking a tree apart like that.

It also just is not the usual fake style video. It is relatively long and reasonably clear and the guy filming makes some attempt to get a better view. There is enough detail visible to give the impression that it is a gorilla-like animal with muscles and hair and not a run of the mill costume.  I like in Florida in the middle of an area just like that, and no one plays around in the swamp like that either. 

JustCurious

I posted this back in 2015 under the "Mississippi Skunk Ape" post:

I've waited for some time to see if anything came to light on this video, but it hasn't. What I do know is that this clip was featured in Discovery Channel's show Beasts of the Bayou-Swamp Werewolf. Richard Luis Bosworth played Josh Highcliff. It was supposedly filmed in Killian, LA but the show also talks about Venice, LA so it could be this one particular episode was filmed in Killian.

In the show, one group is hunting for whatever Josh Highcliff filmed and another group featuring Dr. Meldrum is in Baton Rouge trying to capture and tag what he thinks might be a wolf/coyote hybrid. In the show, Josh Highcliff is now a hog farmer and his face is thinly blocked to hide his identity.

OK, so the youtube video surfaces Oct, 2013. The TV show premiers July, 2014.

So, on one hand it's possible the show did use the 'real' youtube video from a Josh Highcliff near Tunica, MS as part of the show, or on the other hand, they created it in the first place for the show.

Nothing more has ever come of this video and it remains the only video ever posted by Josh Highcliff.  I still suspect it was made as a promo for the show.

indiefoot

The clearest photo I've been able to take so far is from the back of a juvenile climbing a tree. It's taken from about 150 yards with a telephoto lens. I think it's pretty clear. I took several pictures of him/her at the same time. The first is an untouched crop from a full frame the second has been corrected for color and contrast levels. The original is under exposed as it is the -3 f-stop from a bracket set of 3 frames. The photo shows the body from the waist up with the head turned to the left. Later frames show the buttocks.

091619_0107_5.1.thumb.JPG.82767d1cb355738f209964cd7a07af3d.JPG

091619_0107_5_11.thumb.JPG.6f19b0539a869e4efa01ee7f74982d54.JPG

Bigfoot Gumbo
On 8/20/2019 at 6:09 PM, indiefoot said:

The clearest photo I've been able to take so far is from the back of a juvenile climbing a tree. It's taken from about 150 yards with a telephoto lens. I think it's pretty clear. I took several pictures of him/her at the same time. The first is an untouched crop from a full frame the second has been corrected for color and contrast levels. The original is under exposed as it is the -3 f-stop from a bracket set of 3 frames. The photo shows the body from the waist up with the head turned to the left. Later frames show the buttocks.

091619_0107_5.1.thumb.JPG.82767d1cb355738f209964cd7a07af3d.JPG

091619_0107_5_11.thumb.JPG.6f19b0539a869e4efa01ee7f74982d54.JPG

What are we looking at here? 

Is the face on the upper left with 2 green eyes showing?

indiefoot

No those are cottonwood fluffs in the air between us.. They are not in later photos of the subject. The pic is of a juvie from the waist up. At the top of the dark figure is the head turned to the left with the the ear showing. The cottonwood puffs are in the middle of the back.

indiefoot

This is a subsequent photo taken a moment later that shows from just below the buttocks and up. The body  is twisting slightly to the left  They seem to like to eat the cotton balls and flowers.

091619_0108_5_111.JPG.1588d3a91224a620f53dd82e948f2df4.JPG091619_0107_5_44.thumb.JPG.037263723c02bd936a1454977ab21865.JPG

OkieFoot
On 8/20/2019 at 9:49 PM, BlobSquatch said:

This one?

B.S.?

I don't think there is any type of consensus on this video. My thinking is it depends on someone's mindset on Bigfoot to begin with; a skeptic would dismiss it as a hoax and a believer would lean to it being real.

In case you haven't seen ThinkerThunker's analysis of it, here's a link to it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-eCzLmV-tM

Some don't hold TT in high regard on his various analyses, thinking he goes a little far to the "real" side. However, in this video, he does go through something that speaks very favorably about the film; the subject walks like Patty. The leg angles are not the same as humans. The figure walks like Patty and looks very natural doing it. If it's a human in a suit, that person has perfected the raising of the trailing leg and bringing their thigh up higher than humans do and were able to look very natural while doing it and were able to maintain the gait for a distance when other human have been unable to do this. 

He also goes through facial features but they were too blurry when enlarged for me to really see anything.

One thing that is odd looking to me is the vertical "furrow" above the eyebrows. It's visible at about the 8 to 10 second mark at the beginning when the figure has sunlight on it's head. It seems odd regardless whether the figure is real or we're seeing a costume. 

This is Bigfoot Tony's breakdown; he talks about the baby. https://www.reddit.com/r/bigfoot/comments/6ll4lz/bigfoot_tonys_newest_breakdown_of_the/

The baby is moving it's arms, torso and head.  Did they have a little kid dressed up in a suit also?  That part to me has always added legitimacy to the film - having the baby in her arms move pretty much only like a real, live animal could do seems extremely hard to fake to me.  If someone hoaxed that part, it was an extremely good hoax.

OkieFoot

As far as the idea the baby is either a human baby or a doll of some type dressed in a Bigfoot costume, I couldn't find any baby Bigfoot costumes available on the internet. I did a somewhat quick search and the smallest size I found were for young boys; nothing for babies. Maybe I didn't search long enough.

If we're seeing a human baby in a fake suit, notice how well the suit fits. This would eliminate some cheap costume, although I didn't find any available for babies, period. A custom made baby Bigfoot costume makes no sense either. Aside from the problem of where would someone get the material and then someone to make it, the baby would soon outgrow the costume and it seems like a waste of money to pay for a custom baby Bigfoot suit just to use it one time for a hoax video that won't bring in any money for the hoaxer.

On 8/22/2019 at 4:18 PM, OkieFoot said:

As far as the idea the baby is either a human baby or a doll of some type dressed in a Bigfoot costume, I couldn't find any baby Bigfoot costumes available on the internet. I did a somewhat quick search and the smallest size I found were for young boys; nothing for babies. Maybe I didn't search long enough.

If we're seeing a human baby in a fake suit, notice how well the suit fits. This would eliminate some cheap costume, although I didn't find any available for babies, period. A custom made baby Bigfoot costume makes no sense either. Aside from the problem of where would someone get the material and then someone to make it, the baby would soon outgrow the costume and it seems like a waste of money to pay for a custom baby Bigfoot suit just to use it one time for a hoax video that won't bring in any money for the hoaxer.

Agree, and great homework looking for possible baby bigfoot costumes.  I just don't see much, if any, possibility of someone pulling off a baby in a costume moving that naturally like it does in that video.  I have to say, besides the PGF, the baby part of that video may be the best evidence I have seen on video of what seems to be likely a real, live animal and not a hoax.

OkieFoot
6 hours ago, Teegunn said:

Agree, and great homework looking for possible baby bigfoot costumes.  I just don't see much, if any, possibility of someone pulling off a baby in a costume moving that naturally like it does in that video.  I have to say, besides the PGF, the baby part of that video may be the best evidence I have seen on video of what seems to be likely a real, live animal and not a hoax.

I agree; hoaxing the baby part in the video seems like it would be very difficult to accomplish.

I've mentioned before on the boards "when you think it through". 

The baby in the video didn't appear to be crying and fussing. For a hoax scenario, the baby's costume would have covered it's body, head and face. What are the odds this would be uncomfortable to the baby and it might start fussing and/or crying? Not to mention being left by itself behind the big rock waiting for the adult to come and pick it up. What are the chances a real human baby would have been quiet the whole time?

So for a hoax scenario, we have:

Someone that spent money for two custom made Bigfoot suits that would only fit that person and baby and could be used only one time.

They found a human baby that moved very naturally and unless they had to make a lot of takes, kept quiet when it counted while the camera was rolling. 

This particular adult knew to raise their trailing leg much higher than humans do and bring their knee up higher than humans when it walked, as ThinkerThunker showed. How many people normally practice walking like Patty while carrying a baby in their arms at the same time? And get to be so good they look very natural walking that way.

Below is is a link to one site that does "custom made" fur suits, for $315. I didn't find any others that said "custom made". Even a few of the non custom made suits that were obvious fakes were in the $300-$400 range. You can imagine how much a true custom made fur suit that looks realistic would actually cost. And to use it one time.  

http://www.undeadmonsters.com/

SWWASAS
BFF Donor

That baby is the same size as the one I got my picture of.     Both were being carried.    This babies head seems to have the same crest of mohawk like hair running front to back.   I did not see the adult carrying my picture baby.    However the one in this video has the same light coloring facial features as my baby photo which is unlike Patty.   I can see this adult being my babies parent.   Not Patty.     There has to be a lot of variation in individuals or there are separate species.     

• Upvote 1
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic