What's the best Bigfoot photo or video you've seen recently?

You don't have to be sorry Norseman. I'm positive that plenty of people will share your assessment.

My experience with this kind of imagery is that there is a really wide range of perception. Some will see a shrubbery, nothing basically. Some will see something like what I see, an animate subject. Others will see all kinds of detail that I don't see. Its all over the place.

These images were kept in pareidolia quarantine for months. I would revisit them occasionally to see that the images looked the same and that they did not require effort to "acquire" the image. Also I automatically reject any images with trees or rocks directly behind them. After some consideration, months actually, I decided that enough people would likely see what I see that it made sense to put the images out there.

SWWASAS
BFF Donor

I think the risk of pareidolia out weighs the benefit of most images,  especially those taken by others.   We just cannot trust our brains not to see something in most images.    I may as you say,   have "quarantined" some authentic pictures because I have decided to use a "filter" that I think greatly reduces the chance of pareidolia.   Unless I hear movement in the direction of the picture, I assume pareidolia.    My filter is if I hear something move, I point the camera and take several pictures in the same direction.    I think if the picture shows anything interesting,  it is far more likely not to be pareidolia, if supported by accompanying noise.     If something moves,  it is obvious comparing frame to frame.    That technique has yielded my one and only BF picture.   I took three pictures at a few second intervals, and in one the juvenile popped up to take a look at me over some ferns.    

BFF Donor
On 11/12/2019 at 12:59 PM, SWWASAS said:

I think the risk of pareidolia out weighs the benefit of most images,  especially those taken by others.   We just cannot trust our brains not to see something in most images.    I may as you say,   have "quarantined" some authentic pictures because I have decided to use a "filter" that I think greatly reduces the chance of pareidolia.   Unless I hear movement in the direction of the picture, I assume pareidolia.    My filter is if I hear something move, I point the camera and take several pictures in the same direction.    I think if the picture shows anything interesting,  it is far more likely not to be pareidolia, if supported by accompanying noise.     If something moves,  it is obvious comparing frame to frame.    That technique has yielded my one and only BF picture.   I took three pictures at a few second intervals, and in one the juvenile popped up to take a look at me over some ferns.    

I get why you don't, but man I want to see that pic every time you mention it!

SWWASAS
BFF Donor
4 hours ago, NatFoot said:

I get why you don't, but man I want to see that pic every time you mention it!

There is not much to see.   Most of the head and face and one arm.    But as little as it is, that is the best I have at this point.   I would write it off to pareidolia except that mama made a hell of a noise coming through the brush straight at me and whacking a stick after the big thud of her going down in a crouch.     I pointed the camera at in the direction of all that noise and caught the juvenile.      In retrospect I should have just stayed there and taken pictures every few seconds.   Mom did not have much cover to withdraw and I backed out and let her go unseen.      I might be lucky I survived being that close to junior.   I will never know that.   I went back to the location a couple of years later and now it is a blackberry bramble and you cannot even get as far in as I did that day.   

• 3 months later...
On 8/24/2019 at 10:18 AM, OkieFoot said:

I agree; hoaxing the baby part in the video seems like it would be very difficult to accomplish.

I've mentioned before on the boards "when you think it through". 

The baby in the video didn't appear to be crying and fussing. For a hoax scenario, the baby's costume would have covered it's body, head and face. What are the odds this would be uncomfortable to the baby and it might start fussing and/or crying? Not to mention being left by itself behind the big rock waiting for the adult to come and pick it up. What are the chances a real human baby would have been quiet the whole time?

So for a hoax scenario, we have:

Someone that spent money for two custom made Bigfoot suits that would only fit that person and baby and could be used only one time.

They found a human baby that moved very naturally and unless they had to make a lot of takes, kept quiet when it counted while the camera was rolling. 

This particular adult knew to raise their trailing leg much higher than humans do and bring their knee up higher than humans when it walked, as ThinkerThunker showed. How many people normally practice walking like Patty while carrying a baby in their arms at the same time? And get to be so good they look very natural walking that way.

Below is is a link to one site that does "custom made" fur suits, for $315. I didn't find any others that said "custom made". Even a few of the non custom made suits that were obvious fakes were in the $300-$400 range. You can imagine how much a true custom made fur suit that looks realistic would actually cost. And to use it one time.  

http://www.undeadmonsters.com/

I seem to see where the body " squares " off by the buttocks  towards the end of film. Your thoughts? 

OkieFoot
5 hours ago, Gary59 said:

I seem to see where the body " squares " off by the buttocks  towards the end of film. Your thoughts? 

Are you referring to the lower back looking "flat" or "straight up and down" above the buttocks, in a side view? If it is, I do see what you're noticing. I couldn't say if a real Bigfoot looks that way; it's not something a witness would pay attention to, as compared to other features. If it's a suit, it would have to be padding. 

• 2 weeks later...
AtariBfpics
BFF Donor

This is another clip of a small juvenile behind the same playhouse...it goes from on its stomach to a crouched position with it's back to me...it slowly is easing in front of the fence corner post as not to cast a Shadow I'm guessing

SWWASAS
BFF Donor

Even adult BF do not hesitate to go into a crouch when they encounter humans but do not have any cover.    My first encounter the adult hit the ground with such force that I felt the impact thud in my feet about 20 yards away.    I think most of us expect them to always walk or run around like we do.    That ability to move about quickly in a crouch probably allows them to move very fast over down timber falls etc.    Stuff that would have us crawling over and under logs very slowly.   

A witness report at a Portland Hopsquatch event related how when a boat owner encountered a large juvenile rummaging around in his boat,   the juvenile took off along the lake shore,  staying on all fours,  for a distance of about 1/2 mile.      He said it was moving as fast crawling as he could have if he had run the distance.   

Edited by SWWASAS
Carnivore

@Nipissing

Here is a link with an article that includes an explanation from the person who took the video and shared the screenshots. I figured it was worth sharing as it provides all the background information as to how these images came to be. 

https://www.singularfortean.com/news/2020/3/16/images-from-2017-sasquatch-encounter-in-bailey-colorado-arouse-interest-across-social-media

• Upvote 1

I made some sketches based on the Bailey photos. I have to imagine the bottom half of course. Honestly from what can bee seen in the photos, thats not the way I had been imagining the face of a sasquatch to look. They are very interesting photos though, and the level of realism doesn't fit the context as I see it if it were a hoax. Initially I thought it would quickly turn out that the photos were lifted from a monster movie of some kind, who knows..89911144_10158110034656550_2973873649678811136_n-1.jpg.ccf536299d2dc4eae506200a49632e37.jpg89837070_10158112465566550_3748980092575940608_o.thumb.jpg.2198f1947f6f3c9923b612402aff16d9.jpg

• Upvote 3
Carnivore

The screenshots are definitely quite unique in terms of the appearance. I think it's silly that some people have said that they think it is a bear. Real or fake, it's clear that it's not a bear of any variety. The face kind of reminds me of this book cover I had seen before.

s-l640.jpg

Edited by Carnivore
SWWASAS
BFF Donor

Been a while since I looked at the cover of ENOCH.   Anyone know who did the artwork for the cover?    It looks more like a photograph than an illustration. If it is an illustration is it very good.    The eyes especially are very realistic.      She tried to get the guy in the book to take a picture.   

Edited by SWWASAS