For the knowers here.. do u wish could unsee what you saw?

RedHawk454

Not unsee.  But I do wish I was more engaged.  In all 3 cases I simply retreated and made no attempt to engage or push back a little.

If this question was asked within the first year of experience, I would have traded anything to be free of it. The fear and confusion warped my view of everything from the natural world to my religion. 

Looking back at the beginning now, I strongly believe that I am better for it in every single way. Not one day goes by that I do not reflect on it and now I spend the majority of my free time working to get closer.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2019 at 8:00 PM, NCBFr said:

Not unsee.  But I do wish I was more engaged.  In all 3 cases I simply retreated and made no attempt to engage or push back a little.

Theres a degree to which you can do that, my experience taught me when they want you to leave, they'll follow you for a bit to be sure you do. Not sure how grumpy they'd get if you play games. 

• Downvote 1

I agree for the most part.  However, the case that has bugged me to this day happened in my front yard.  It was 3AM and I had to take an ailing dog out to go to the bathroom when I stumbled on what I am confident to be a hunting party in the woods about 100 yards across the street in a treeline.  We live in a peninsula on a lake that has a few houses on a piece of it but is mainly woods that if you looked on a map is the perfect southern end of a wet-lands hunting zone containing tons of dear and other wild animals.  They gave me a few warning tree knocks that once I woke up I was able to figure out the situation and zero in on their location.  This is not my first brush with BF and years in to my study of them.  There are many things I could have done (walking across the street directly to them is not one of them) as there are many vantage points in my house and truck that I could have used to observe, film, or record them.  Instead, I grabbed my dog and went to bed like it was an everyday occurance.  To this day I kick myself for not being more curious.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:29 PM, NathanFooter said:

If this question was asked within the first year of experience, I would have traded anything to be free of it. The fear and confusion warped my view of everything from the natural world to my religion. 

Nathan

Everyday I wish I never had my encounters since it had such a heavy impact on my life. I cannot change what happen to me since it has effected my life since those encounters. It has effected my thought process and the way I think about my self as being a Human.  I cannot even tell you how it has effected me as far as how I believe in creation.  Creation as it is stated in the greatest book on earth has changed. My belief has changed. There is no longer a natural world for me and I now have to accept this. The worst part about this is that it was not by choice but by fate. We have to learn to accept this and it took years for myself to understand this.