Jump to content
RedHawk454

For the knowers here.. do u wish could unsee what you saw?

Recommended Posts

ShadowBorn
2 hours ago, norseman said:

Gimlin’s judgement that Patty posed no threat has no bearing here. Patty had no idea that Gimlin posed no threat to her. He pulled a rifle on her. More often than not this is the last thing an animal sees before death.

How can you say that Gimlin's judgement had no bearing when he pulled that rifle out on Patty. He pulled it out to protect Roger and himself. The same way I would have done when I had my first encounter.  It was all a judgement call made by the person behind the gun. The animal does not know what a rifle is or it does not care about death unless it has encountered a gun shot before. If it has encountered a man with a rifle or a gun then what does that tell us about the creature? As far as we all know this creature walked away in no hurry on film.  What does that say about it's behavior.

 

Like I have said "I wished that I never had my encounters with these creatures and it feels like a curse" You have no understanding . Until you have your first upclose encounter and you pull that trigger on one  well then I will give you all the respect you want. But I do give you the respect for the knowledge that you bring to this forum. You can keep chasing "monkeys" if that is what you think they are. But if they were" monkeys" do you not think one would be shot by now and on a slab being studied . Do you not think that we would have one in a zoo some where. Where  we would all be paying a fee to see it if they were a "monkey". What size caliber is too big to bring one down when we cannot even get a clear picture with an iPhone. Come on an upclose picture with an iPhone X or even a GoPro. So what makes you think with a high power rifle .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
18 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

How can you say that Gimlin's judgement had no bearing when he pulled that rifle out on Patty. He pulled it out to protect Roger and himself. The same way I would have done when I had my first encounter.  It was all a judgement call made by the person behind the gun. The animal does not know what a rifle is or it does not care about death unless it has encountered a gun shot before. If it has encountered a man with a rifle or a gun then what does that tell us about the creature? As far as we all know this creature walked away in no hurry on film.  What does that say about it's behavior.

 

Like I have said "I wished that I never had my encounters with these creatures and it feels like a curse" You have no understanding . Until you have your first upclose encounter and you pull that trigger on one  well then I will give you all the respect you want. But I do give you the respect for the knowledge that you bring to this forum. You can keep chasing "monkeys" if that is what you think they are. But if they were" monkeys" do you not think one would be shot by now and on a slab being studied . Do you not think that we would have one in a zoo some where. Where  we would all be paying a fee to see it if they were a "monkey". What size caliber is too big to bring one down when we cannot even get a clear picture with an iPhone. Come on an upclose picture with an iPhone X or even a GoPro. So what makes you think with a high power rifle .

 

We are talking about Patty’s point of view....not Bob Gimlins? I know Bob’s POV! He told me. I cannot ask Patty what she thought? Hello? Why is this so hard to understand?

 

Patty fleeing the encounter says the creature did not wanna stick around?

 

And I do NOT think Bigfoot is a “monkey”.

 

And what in the hell does any of this have to do with my opinion that Patty was startled!? Sasfooty brought forth the idea that only dumb Bigfeet ever get startled. It’s a ridiculous notion!

 

Was Albert Eistien ever startled in his life? And what does that have to do with his IQ..... nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedHawk454
1 hour ago, NatFoot said:

 

I'm sorry. I tried to not respond.

 

So you are the one lucky enough to speak to the wealthy and elite BF, but everyone else sees the poor and bum ones?

 

And the wealthy and elite BF look like us...but the poor criminals look like monkeys? 

 

 

Lets be be honest though, the poor and bum ones are prolly gonna be more interesting.

3 hours ago, dudeman said:

I'm thankful I never saw the face. I'm sure the nightmares would have gone on longer. Like I've told you before. Be careful what you wish for padawan.

 

 

caw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowBorn
10 minutes ago, norseman said:

We are talking about Patty’s point of view....not Bob Gimlins? I know Bob’s POV! He told me. I cannot ask Patty what she thought? Hello? Why is this so hard to understand?

 

Patty fleeing the encounter says the creature did not wanna stick around?

 

As far a Patty POV she walked across the creek bed into the wood line. It was not at a full speed run but at a normal speed that we can only assume.  If she was fleeing then I would assume that she would have fled to the wood line behind her which would have been faster to get away. Every creature that I have encountered in the woods have always taken the fastest way through the woods to get away from me. I cannot say nothing about bears since I have never encountered bears  But I would assume that they would do the same. The creatures I have encountered have always placed trees between myself and them and have always ran back the way they came in .

 

This is some thing that Patty did not do and what she did I would not call fleeing since it seems like she took her sweet a** time to get the hell out of there. To me that seems like she felt like she was not in any danger at all. Again I am assuming . This does not fit the behavior of animal that is in a panic.  She seems to be very comfortable as she walks away.  Again I have seen some tv shows where it shows Grizzlies acting the same way as here. Even those big large brown bear in kodiac who know they are king of the forest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NatFoot
9 hours ago, Sasfooty said:

 

Y'all shouldn't ask all these questions if you can't handle the answers.  It always boils down to somebody getting in a snit because I'm so "lucky". I was wondering who would be first this time. Congratulations.

 

Right. You are who you are and are doing what you're doing. Those who care to read these forums will see it and form their own opinions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
17 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

As far a Patty POV she walked across the creek bed into the wood line. It was not at a full speed run but at a normal speed that we can only assume.  If she was fleeing then I would assume that she would have fled to the wood line behind her which would have been faster to get away. Every creature that I have encountered in the woods have always taken the fastest way through the woods to get away from me. I cannot say nothing about bears since I have never encountered bears  But I would assume that they would do the same. The creatures I have encountered have always placed trees between myself and them and have always ran back the way they came in .

 

This is some thing that Patty did not do and what she did I would not call fleeing since it seems like she took her sweet a** time to get the hell out of there. To me that seems like she felt like she was not in any danger at all. Again I am assuming . This does not fit the behavior of animal that is in a panic.  She seems to be very comfortable as she walks away.  Again I have seen some tv shows where it shows Grizzlies acting the same way as here. Even those big large brown bear in kodiac who know they are king of the forest. 

 

I have encountered lots of Bears. Some Bears stand their ground pop their jaws and look at you like you owe them money. Or they Bluff charge you. Or not in my case they charge you, maul you and eat you. Some times they lumber away and sometimes they run away too.

 

But just because an old lady Bigfoot lumbered out of there instead of bouncing out like a Gazelle? Does mean she wasn’t surprised. And she certainly didn’t stick around to find out what the cowboys were planning....

 

From the moment of 1st contact she was fleeing away from them. Don’t know how else to take that. She never stood her ground for a second.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NCBFr

I believe the GoT quote "The lion does not concern itself with the affairs of the lamb" kind of applies to the majority BFs view of us.  To them, we are like mosquitoes, annoying as hell and cannot be swatted away but something that must be endured.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
salubrious
Moderator

I regret not having stuck around a bit longer. I knew at the time that I would also regret not at least trying to go for my camera.

 

OTOH this experience also allows me to sound like a nutbag if I reveal it to someone and I really don't like that. I feel like I have enough issues being credible without that hanging over my head. So most of the time I keep silent about it. It would be a whole lot easier to have no opinion on the subject; ironically I still don't have an opinion; since I know for a fact they exist (or did) and there's nothing anyone (including myself) can say or do to change that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowBorn
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:50 PM, norseman said:

I have encountered lots of Bears. Some Bears stand their ground pop their jaws and look at you like you owe them money. Or they Bluff charge you. Or not in my case they charge you, maul you and eat you. Some times they lumber away and sometimes they run away too.

 

But just because an old lady Bigfoot lumbered out of there instead of bouncing out like a Gazelle? Does mean she wasn’t surprised. And she certainly didn’t stick around to find out what the cowboys were planning....

 

From the moment of 1st contact she was fleeing away from them. Don’t know how else to take that. She never stood her ground for a second.

Like I have said " I have never encountered a bear " " but have encountered these creatures more then once". The second time I encountered them I watched it flee from me as I pointed a star light at from what I would say 20 yards. That creature was facing toward me and as I pointed towards it. It is when it turned and ran back into the forest just like what I deer would do.  I believe that your meaning of fleeing and my meaning of fleeing is different. I see fleeing as running away and your meaning of fleeing as the creature retreating into the forest. 

 

Now I will say that I never did have a chance to speak with Bob Gimlin. But I did get a chance to hear to his story on you tube. Which is an amazing story and the fact that he had a chance to witness some thing different from what Roger had. 

 

It is like I have said I wish I could take back what I saw and what I have had experience . I wish I never opened my mouth to what I saw and to what happen to me . But I cannot change it and I cannot go back in time or say that it did not happen. Everything I have experienced happen and took place including them some how knowing what I was thinking.  People do not have to believe me. They just have to know that it did take place knowing I cannot explain how.  Also I am not trying to get that one word\paragraph up on you either . That is not me at all. I am just trying to get the truth out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wiiawiwb

Salubrious and Shadowborn...thank you for sharing and we do believe you.  You should consider yourself a "gifted one".  You've had the extraordinary opportunity of a lifetime to experience what you did. Rejoice.

 

Most of us, myself included, wake up every morning with a hope to find that gift.  I'm currently in an area that I'm not happy about being in but it has produced in the past for others I know.  I'll keep doing the hard work with the hopes of maybe just once catching a glimpse of what you saw.  You were chosen.  Be thankful.

Edited by wiiawiwb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
46 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

Like I have said " I have never encountered a bear " " but have encountered these creatures more then once". The second time I encountered them I watched it flee from me as I pointed a star light at from what I would say 20 yards. That creature was facing toward me and as I pointed towards it. It is when it turned and ran back into the forest just like what I deer would do.  I believe that your meaning of fleeing and my meaning of fleeing is different. I see fleeing as running away and your meaning of fleeing as the creature retreating into the forest. 

 

Now I will say that I never did have a chance to speak with Bob Gimlin. But I did get a chance to hear to his story on you tube. Which is an amazing story and the fact that he had a chance to witness some thing different from what Roger had. 

 

It is like I have said I wish I could take back what I saw and what I have had experience . I wish I never opened my mouth to what I saw and to what happen to me . But I cannot change it and I cannot go back in time or say that it did not happen. Everything I have experienced happen and took place including them some how knowing what I was thinking.  People do not have to believe me. They just have to know that it did take place knowing I cannot explain how.  Also I am not trying to get that one word\paragraph up on you either . That is not me at all. I am just trying to get the truth out there.

 

My point being? I don’t “flee” like I did 30 years ago. 30 years ago I could beat the full back off the snap and pull across the center, off side guard and tackle and be through the hole ruining people’s day before the full back got the ball handed off to him and followed me.

 

Those days are gone. I’m lucky if I can bend over and tie my shoes in the morning any more. I think Patty was older and not spry too.

 

Anyhow. We can agree to disagree. No worries...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arvedis
On 8/9/2019 at 5:28 PM, norseman said:

Its my understanding that the film site was close to a road. I’m sure Patty May have gotten used to the sound of engines equaling the presence of man. She may have heard the horses approach and thought it was Elk or Deer or some other natural quadruped. But I think she pooped herself when two humans appeared seemingly out of nowhere. Not a lot of cowboys riding horses in Bluff creek historically. I’m sure she was pretty scared by the encounter because she hightailed it out of there.

 

Ive had Bear stand their ground with me. Knowing full well what I was. It’s not a warm and fuzzy feeling.

 

The Bluff Creek site is about 2 miles or so from a road but not a major thoroughfare.  It's a mountain road which is connected to another road at least 15 or more miles from any form of civilization. And from there it is another 35 miles or so to Willow Creek.

 

Who knows what her emotions were, scared or not, but clearly she wanted nothing to do with the humans who spotted her.  If we put everything into context, even the years prior, there was plenty of activity in the area, just nothing visual except tracks. The researchers of the day reported screams and howls and they also reported it after this event. Patty was well aware of human presence. Looking at the film before the event and during, not the frame by frame analysis, it is obvious she was caught unaware and just wanted to scoot.  What would she gain from standing her ground?

 

On 8/9/2019 at 9:29 PM, ShadowBorn said:

As far a Patty POV she walked across the creek bed into the wood line. It was not at a full speed run but at a normal speed that we can only assume.  If she was fleeing then I would assume that she would have fled to the wood line behind her which would have been faster to get away. Every creature that I have encountered in the woods have always taken the fastest way through the woods to get away from me. I cannot say nothing about bears since I have never encountered bears  But I would assume that they would do the same. The creatures I have encountered have always placed trees between myself and them and have always ran back the way they came in .

 

This is some thing that Patty did not do and what she did I would not call fleeing since it seems like she took her sweet a** time to get the hell out of there. To me that seems like she felt like she was not in any danger at all. Again I am assuming . This does not fit the behavior of animal that is in a panic.  She seems to be very comfortable as she walks away.  Again I have seen some tv shows where it shows Grizzlies acting the same way as here. Even those big large brown bear in kodiac who know they are king of the forest. 

 

Maybe it's just me but the body language tells me she was upset at being interrupted with whatever she was doing prior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Catmandoo

We all agree to disagree.  All animals watch horses. Patty watched horses for as long as she deemed fit. She walked away. The debate rages on as to whether she was just leaving the area or was doing a 'lead-away' maneuver for 'schooling' other Sasquatch(s) in human and horse behavior. We will never know. 

27 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

 

Maybe it's just me but the body language tells me she was upset at being interrupted with whatever she was doing prior.

 

I missed the memo on Sasquatch body language.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arvedis
29 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

I missed the memo...

 

Yep. :blind:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MIB
55 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

The Bluff Creek site is about 2 miles or so from a road but not a major thoroughfare.

 

More like 60 yards.   Remember Lyle Laverty driving by with his crew in the jeep?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...